Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
klaus_sensi
NotRich
therur
scottus86
Summers
ScottMoon
Andy DTA
SkankinDragon
Steff
Reel Big Moose
Parg
MangoSkeejykins
lightowler
The Amazing Fletch
Cap'n Lee
invertedtwisted
MidlandsDan
21 posters

You know what really pisses me off...

SkankinDragon
    SkankinDragon
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

You know what really pisses me off... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know what really pisses me off...

Post by SkankinDragon Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:22 am

Robb Blake's drum machine pisses me off, great music but a drum machine........
    As for uk ska bands with american accents, Lubby Nugget!
    Why is indie music called indie music? you could hardly describe it as independent, indie bands are huge
    UK indie is just a bit too boring for my musical palette, that being said some of the american indie bands like iron and wine are very interesting indeed
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

You know what really pisses me off... - Page 2 Empty Re: You know what really pisses me off...

Post by Steff Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:29 am

Aye, there are a handfull of really creative US indie bands, can't think of any I am fond of at the moment, havn't listened to any for a while.

I do like the young knives. (uk)
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:40 am

i love the cribs, though i think they are more punk than indie frankly.
    SkankinDragon
    SkankinDragon
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by SkankinDragon Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:46 am

The Evens are amazing, are they an indie band? im not sure what the definition of them is but they rule Ian Mackaye rules full stop. They are on Dischord records it don't get much more independent than that
    Andy DTA
    Andy DTA
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Andy DTA Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:03 am

Reel Big Moose wrote:worst experience I had with this phenomonom (though by no means the only) was in notingham witha band called 'girlfixer'

although we had this conversation in the other thread, i'm still gonna jump to their defence, lol. while i don't say its good they did that, i will say i've seen them at lots of gigs in notts, whether they're playing or not, when they've been watching the band and jumping around / applauding appropriately. i have put literally hundreds of bands on (Al can attest to that), and i would say that at least a third of them didn't watch all/some of the other bands on the bill. Even if a band has travelled a big distance to the gig, sometimes people just want to chill out rather than watch every band on the bill... What if you can't stand the bands music? Does that make you obliged to stand there and watch their set anyway? Its just an example, obviously I don't know what was happening on the night you're on about.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:29 pm

and it Realy grinds my geras when i loose studd in imposible ways graaaahh

and those who know me will know im prety damn good at loosing stuff but this cover sheet, that i need to figure out who to send a quote to in the next 2 hours, SHOULD HAVE NEVER LEFT MY DESK aaarfrgghhh im probably an idiot, its jut gon, it hasnt left the office its no longer on my desk im confudled and iritated. il probable figur out in an hour or so that i spontainasaly desided to throw it away yesterday [/selfrage]
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:00 pm

have you checked your pocket?
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 pm

iv gone with the Fuck em their a small firm they can fucking wait an extra day till i figure out who the fuck they are also
    Fuck.
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:10 pm

re: the bands not watching other bands. I do find we sometimes dont watch bands for a few reasons.

1. The band are dicks
    2. we've come along way and really need to eat or something.
    3. The band Offend my ears

Saying that i do try my hardest to watch everyone and lend everyone whatever gear they need.

What i do hate is a band borrowing your gear and abusing that and damaging your gear/not playing with respect.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Reel Big Moose wrote:tbf the arctic monkeys and killer sound utterly different to each other. And the arctics sound like they are from yorkshire cos they are from working class yorkshire families.

And as for fake accents no english punk band would ever dream of faking an american accent obviously, and absolutely no ska band has ever faked a jamaican accent at any point. obviously.

Completely repped, haha.I love the skints, but it is a bit crazy their drummer busting out this amazingly over the top Jamaican accent, same thing with capdown really. That said though, i'd say there are very few bands that actually sing with their own accents, the majority of uk ska bands today sing with a southern twang (ala capdown/howards alias).
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:53 pm

rage update: Found it, they emailed it to the office as well as posting it, so i just found the emailed version and printed it off, emaill <3
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:41 pm

I hate when bands leave out excesive chunks of lyrics to let the audience sing. someone said at a robbie williams concert after letting the crowd sing the whole of angels "i didn't pay £50 to hear the crowd sing your fucking song"

I mean a reasonable amount goes down well. When the crowd is split into two like when capdown used to do one side shouting action and the other side shouting nation. but they often sang with the crowd making it better in my opinion.
    It's really annoying when people do it on live Cd's. i just listened to ska wars live and its ruined by jake not singing through chunks of it. I'm just sticking with the capdown example because ijust listened:D
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:48 pm

ScottMoon wrote: someone said at a robbie williams concert after letting the crowd sing the whole of angels "i didn't pay £50 to hear the crowd sing your fucking song"

Andy Parsons could really do with some new material.

ScottMoon wrote:
    i just listened to ska wars live and its ruined by jake not singing through chunks of it

Wouldn't be the chunks where someone is playing the sax would they?

Ha, ha. I merely jest.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:51 pm

agreed with the live cd bit, its prety awesome when the croud takes over the vocals, but since when recording a live cd the croud tends to not be to well recorded all you her is NOW YOU ____________________
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:55 pm

yeah i agree its cool when the crowd do it. i ment excesivily. like leaving out every chorus in a song for example.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:04 pm

ooh another thing that grinds my gears is when i put bands on and cus a lot of them are older than me they don't believe i'm the promoter and they decide when they want their set and try and barter with other bands to switch slots round. i understand they might not like what position they are in order but i spend ages working out where everyone should go so it's fair and runs smoothly, if they try and undermine me I will put them in a worse slot and not put them on again! one band actually lied and said the promoter told them they could switch slots.

obviously is a band has a problem and they need to be on later or earlier i'll help them out though
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 pm

"your the operning act or im not paying you"

see if they still try and fuck you around after that
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:38 pm

I tend to just let them decide between themselves when they go on. Unless of course somebody is turning up late or has to go early, shizzle like that.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:48 pm

democracy ftw
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:59 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:democracy ftw

Any man would give his only begotten son for it.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:democracy ftw

Isnt that one of those prepostorous concepts from star trek taht seems really cool but is physically impossible? like matter transporters?
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:55 pm

hahah
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:44 pm

I just saw a taxi with 'wheelchair access required' written on the back of it. What the fuck does that mean?
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:50 pm

It means if you have wheelchair access in your building he's gonna drive his taxi up it. If you don't have wheelchair access he's gonna be pissed.
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Summers wrote:
    Reel Big Moose wrote:tbf the arctic monkeys and killer sound utterly different to each other. And the arctics sound like they are from yorkshire cos they are from working class yorkshire families.

And as for fake accents no english punk band would ever dream of faking an american accent obviously, and absolutely no ska band has ever faked a jamaican accent at any point. obviously.

Completely repped, haha.I love the skints, but it is a bit crazy their drummer busting out this amazingly over the top Jamaican accent, same thing with capdown really. That said though, i'd say there are very few bands that actually sing with their own accents, the majority of uk ska bands today sing with a southern twang (ala capdown/howards alias).

wouldn't capdown and howards alias sing with a southern twang because they're from southampton and milton keynes/keens....how ever the hell its spelt? Both being in the south? And not because it's cool to put the accent on?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:26 am