Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
ferrrn
The Rascal King
Foxxe
Furious D
elliemon
ba-ba
Steff
MangoSkeejykins
christinamarie
Jess
Peeky
iamemmao
NotRich
Summers
Parg
Francis
lightowler
Cap'n Lee
scottus86
Wreckless Jake
Katie
MidlandsDan
Reel Big Moose
The Amazing Fletch
therur
29 posters

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:11 am

ba-ba wrote:I decided to go without booze for stretches of the summer, but didn't make that much savings on the wallet, as you still go to the pub but buy lemonade...

Yeah I went into my local once and asked for a coke, it was say £1.50...the next one was £2...the last one they tried to sell me for £4!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:26 am

I've been pretty much the same as you since Rebellion. I'm thinking about my liver and my waistline but then I thought fuck it - I'm enjoying myself. I might stop for a bit next month though. I know the beginning of next year is going to be heavy so I better stop for a bit before then. But then I'll lose my tolerance for it. I've spent a long time building that up.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:43 am

The Amazing Fletch wrote:I've been pretty much the same as you since Rebellion. I'm thinking about my liver and my waistline but then I thought fuck it - I'm enjoying myself. I might stop for a bit next month though. I know the beginning of next year is going to be heavy so I better stop for a bit before then. But then I'll lose my tolerance for it. I've spent a long time building that up.

Loosing your tolerance will save you cash though as you'll have to drink less...also in my experience you loose it a lot slower than you think.

Anyway unlike you I haven't been enjoying myself because of it...its been slowing me down, extinguishing my fire.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 am

I've been thinking a lot how my drinking is affecting my body but I just enjoy it so much. I'm stopping next month to detox. I'm going to start going to the gym again and get muscular.

I'm just on Youtube at the moment listening to a few good ska songs. Smaller Than You, Millie, Bad Manners, Random Hand. It's all good.
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:21 am

drink and eat what I want when I want - running keeps it all off Very Happy

Starting to gird my loins - 3 and a bit weeks until Freshers' week starts, and a week in scotland before that. yessum!
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:00 am

ba-ba wrote:running keeps it all off

Running will fuck your legs up in the long run.

Ignore this at you peril...guarantee you one day you'll regret running (unless you love it an extreme amount).
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:09 pm

I feel like having a little cry... a cash machine took my card Sad And I need that card to collect gig tickets from a box office... and I also need money... sad times.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:16 pm

I have 2 debit cards linked to the same account, its my way of saying FUCK YOU evil hole in the wall
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:20 pm

ba-ba wrote:drink and eat what I want when I want - running keeps it all off Very Happy

you're 20, enjoy it while it lasts
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Just rang the bank. They can't find my account!?? I actually shed a little tear...
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:46 pm

this threads getting a little too depressing for my liking, maybe some cyanide and happiness will cheer me up

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 3 Dcw_voicemail

dammit
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:47 pm

which bank you with, anyway?
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Isle of Man bank... its a branch of natwest... its ok now, they found my account, so happy times once more! And my lovely mate has lent me money...

Only problem is I need that card to get my Mad Caddies tickets from the box office tonight... hmmmm...
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:10 pm

could you not take a bank statement? best give them a ring and find out, and if they don't help, thats when you should resort to crying
    christinamarie
    christinamarie
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by christinamarie Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:15 pm

Today is Mad Caddies/Hostiles/leaving for Leeds day, so there's a post that isn't very depressing!
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:20 pm

I don't have any bank statements on me... Ah well... it'll be alright... I remember when I went to see NOFX in London, and there had been all sorts of rubbish about that they tried to post the tickets to my brothers address twice and no one was in (his girlfriend was at flat all day, so thats a lie!), so I had to ring them and say I'd pick them up from the box office... got there.. they couldn't find my tickets or anything... the woman just gave up in end and gave me one, which was nice.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Off to work and not even a beer at the end of it to look forward to.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:37 pm

leaving for work at 12:30 doesnt realy count as work now does it
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:31 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:
    ba-ba wrote:drink and eat what I want when I want - running keeps it all off Very Happy

you're 20, enjoy it while it lasts

That's rich coming from a 21 year old. You condescending bastard.

Wait til you get to 25 like me, then things will start to take their toll.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:35 pm

let the record show that rich is falling apart like a piece of wet cake
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:19 pm

Just finished going round all my jobs for the week since its of to schoootland in the moro, the amount of road works around here at the moment is disterbing Sad

also anything to do in st andrews when the studants arnt their? im going to be their fri sat sun apart from geting hammerd in the nerest pub im at a bit of a loss
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:30 pm

I got my GCSE results today! A* in English, B in French and the rest were all A's. Fuck yeah.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Every year the news says, "Record breaking results. Exams are getting easier."

Well done. You need to go and get really drunk now. I did that and had to get my Dad to pick me up because I was paraletic. It was only 10pm.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:43 pm

swot :p

the stuff you have to do in gcse maths compared to 30 years ago is incredible, i remember seeing an old paper for comparison, pretty much all of the back end of the paper today was stuff they wouldn't give you until a-levels back then
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:45 pm

well done parg! that's brilliant!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:06 pm