Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
ferrrn
The Rascal King
Foxxe
Furious D
elliemon
ba-ba
Steff
MangoSkeejykins
christinamarie
Jess
Peeky
iamemmao
NotRich
Summers
Parg
Francis
lightowler
Cap'n Lee
scottus86
Wreckless Jake
Katie
MidlandsDan
Reel Big Moose
The Amazing Fletch
therur
29 posters

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

christinamarie
    christinamarie
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 4 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by christinamarie Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:17 pm

made my Random Hand tshirt into a vest top, nearly finished packing for Leeds and off to see Mad Caddies in half an hour.
    awww yeeeaaahhh.
    Wreckless Jake
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 4 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by Wreckless Jake Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:24 pm

Mad caddies are awesome, I seen them when they supported Dropkick murphys in 2008. have a nice time! Smile
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 pm

lightowler wrote:leaving for work at 12:30 doesnt realy count as work now does it

Well it depends what time you finish, as well as what you are doing.
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:08 am

prostitution?
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:56 am

i got arite gcse's. didn't do music but went on to do a music course, that's how useful my gcse's were!
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:39 am

lightowler wrote:also anything to do in st andrews when the studants arnt their? im going to be their fri sat sun apart from geting hammerd in the nerest pub im at a bit of a loss

St. Andrews is maybe one of the dullest places in the world... There's a good skydiving centre though. That's about it. And a Holland and Barrats that sells nice liquorice.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:28 am

MidlandsDan wrote:
    lightowler wrote:leaving for work at 12:30 doesnt realy count as work now does it

Well it depends what time you finish, as well as what you are doing.

it's alright, bobby doesn't have a real job.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Lucky him. Nor do I really compared to the old days.

Anyway a word of caution for the youngsters if you are going for the whole 'higher education' thing:

I got in my GCSEs: 7A*s, 3 As. Then I discovered (albeit later than most) girls, started getting served alcohol, found out there were people you could buy weed from sitting next to me in class, and realised how much fun it can be to not care about the punishments meted out for not doing any work, fighting, pranks, whatever, not to mention falling in love which was a total disaster.

Failed every single one of my AS levels.

My point though is NOT to avoid doing any of the above. The problem was that I did not have discipline in the downtime between partying and having a laugh...just sat around with the lads playing ninentdo...with hard discipline, you really can have an incredible time (especially if you work in the holidays to get some cash to blow), and still come out with good grades. Not to mention really fucking with the teachers heads.

I pulled it together too late, but with one weeks intense revision (and I mean intense) and I promise you NO other work for two years, I managed to get some Cs and maybe a B or two (I can't remember) in the bag for A Levels...food for thought.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Happy Camel wrote:
    lightowler wrote:also anything to do in st andrews when the studants arnt their? im going to be their fri sat sun apart from geting hammerd in the nerest pub im at a bit of a loss

St. Andrews is maybe one of the dullest places in the world... There's a good skydiving centre though. That's about it. And a Holland and Barrats that sells nice liquorice.

bah fish and chips during the day and pub during the night, maby buy a lobster of the key side on sunday if im not to hungover, cant beat a "still wondering why its not in the sea" lobster for £4ish
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:00 pm

lightowler wrote:cant beat a "still wondering why its not in the sea" lobster for £4ish

you can, in fact it's the most humane way
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Then you can make it do the apology dance.

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:54 pm

I passed my GCSEs but then got bored of sixth form so dropped out. I got a C in AS philosophy though. I think I got something else too but can't remember what.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:04 pm

i'd have loved to have done philosophy at a-level
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:50 pm

I though about philosophy / ethics / RE (it's all been bundled into one) but I wanna do physics at uni so I had to replace it with maths Sad

Today I got a 19" widescreen monitor for £25! Gonna hook it up to mah netbook and have dual monitors on that.
    therur
    therur
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by therur Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:01 pm

£25?! thats a shitting bargain!
    Katie
    Katie
    Boogle
    Boogle

Post by Katie Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:02 pm

Parg wrote:I though about philosophy / ethics / RE (it's all been bundled into one)

We were forced to do philosophy, theology and ethics at my college (catholic college). I refused to go after my teacher told us that she'd never let her son go in a gay bar as they are dirty places.... Mad
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:29 pm

who said that? just hoping it wasn't miss stapleton haha she taught me for the full phil/ethics A level and i really liked her
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:39 pm

It was the philosophy/ethics/RE one that I did. It was my favourite subject. There were two males in the class and the other 10 were female. I don't know what that says about me but I got an A in my coursework titled, "Is Christianity a Dying Tradition." The most academic work I've ever done.
    Katie
    Katie
    Boogle
    Boogle

Post by Katie Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:50 pm

elliemon wrote:who said that? just hoping it wasn't miss stapleton haha she taught me for the full phil/ethics A level and i really liked her

Urrrm. I can't remember her name! Most times I did go, I was drunk Laughing
    Some mad filipina lady?
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:59 pm

I just spent half an hour talking to some batty old woman about trying to change the text size settings on her email on her phone. I think i had less idea what to do than she did.
    Wreckless Jake
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Wreckless Jake Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:02 am

Im knackered, its only 1 am and I feel as if Im about to pass out. I've had a boring evening, lets hope tomorrow is more entertaining.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:11 am

I've just got back from Bill Bailey in Bristol, it was so so so good. Very Happy
    Now I'm playing with my new phone!

Good times.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:34 pm

I'm well jealous. I really wanna see Bill Bailey live
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:47 pm

fear the cartoon zombie

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 4 Zombie

400% of it's useful size
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Katie wrote:
    elliemon wrote:who said that? just hoping it wasn't miss stapleton haha she taught me for the full phil/ethics A level and i really liked her

Urrrm. I can't remember her name! Most times I did go, I was drunk Laughing
    Some mad filipina lady?

*phew* no that wasn't miss stapleton - i can keep my respect for her! haha but i think i heard about that mad filipino lady. there was a lot of mad teachers there. my maths teacher was a legend - but thats a long story that i'm always shit at telling it so i'll stop there...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:45 am