Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
MidlandsDan
veganfishcake
Parg
The Amazing Fletch
elliemon
Szorn
lightowler
Reel Big Moose
Steff
Joe G
scottus86
15 posters

3 aggrolites dates....tha arent reading and leeds.

scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

3 aggrolites dates....tha arent reading and leeds. Empty 3 aggrolites dates....tha arent reading and leeds.

Post by scottus86 Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:14 pm

9 Aug 2009 13:00
    Rebellion Festival Blackpool
    10 Aug 2009 20:00
    White Rabbit Plymouth
    11 Aug 2009 20:00
    The Croft Bristol
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

3 aggrolites dates....tha arent reading and leeds. Empty Re: 3 aggrolites dates....tha arent reading and leeds.

Post by scottus86 Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Replying to my own post, but does anyone else think £12 is expensive for The Aggrolites, I knw they're good but I was just like woooooooah when i saw that price!
    Joe G
    Joe G
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

3 aggrolites dates....tha arent reading and leeds. Empty Re: 3 aggrolites dates....tha arent reading and leeds.

Post by Joe G Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:23 am

It's not cheap, but it is one of the best bands around at the moment, and Chris Murray supports along with the Skints.

With those thrown in I'd say £12 is a bargain!
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:42 am

Yeah, I'm with Joe on that one, it's £12 but three top bands, not that bad really.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:56 am

look waht ud pay to see reel big fish, rancid, less than jake, etc
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:24 am

id pay 12 quid just to see chris murray tbh, the others are just venry nice bonuses
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:31 am

is chris murray doing the plymouth date too?
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Reel Big Moose wrote:look waht ud pay to see reel big fish, rancid, less than jake, etc

I don't rate reel big fish or less than jake very much but rancid I'd pay good money for.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:49 pm

and itd be a lot more than 12 quid!
    Joe G
    Joe G
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Joe G Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:52 pm

Bristol tomorrow!! Very Happy
    Szorn
    Szorn
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Szorn Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 am

£12? That's not too bad, pretty standard for any high rate band,

I paid £20+ to see the Wailers (minus Bob) recently at Leeds uni.
    £17 to see The Used the other day at Leeds Met.
    £15 to see Mudhoney in October at TJ's.

Skatalites, last December was something like £20.

Bands don't make money on CD sales anymore (thankyou Pirate Bay) so touring and playing gigs is the only way to make substantial money, minus Merchandise.

That reminds me, speaking of overpriced:
    Sonic Boom Six t-shirt from the merch booth at Leeds Fest: £20?!
    Is that to make up for the rights to use the Bad Brains logo or summat?
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:37 pm

never looked at merch at leeds fest.. they might have had to price match with other bands perhaps? though i cant remember SB6's usual price for merch off the top of my head.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 pm

elliemon wrote:never looked at merch at leeds fest.. they might have had to price match with other bands perhaps? though i cant remember SB6's usual price for merch off the top of my head.

Pah, call yourself a fan?
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:04 pm

I got a SB6 shirt for £10 (reduced from £15 cos it was the display one). £20 seems a bit excessive though
    veganfishcake
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by veganfishcake Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Reel Big Moose wrote:and itd be a lot more than 12 quid!
    RBF and LTJ tickets are usually about £14 or so whenever I've seen them, not really a lot more!
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:30 pm

The cut mainstream venues take off tickets is ridiculous, especially considering they could probably make a profit off drink sales alone if the band were funded by ticket sales.

Well maybe thats only true of bands that pull a very large crowd like Rancid. Just throwing it out there.
    veganfishcake
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by veganfishcake Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:35 pm

That's always a bit convtraversial, but if you're a big venue booking a big band who can sell a few hundred tickets at a high price, would you lower the price of the ticket? Plus, there may be all sorts of things in the contract like the band getting the majority of the profit if so many tickets are sold...
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Szorn wrote:Bands don't make money on CD sales anymore (thankyou Pirate Bay)

that is a great oversimplification. (and by great, i mean big) don't lay the blame on the customers. iTunes and youtube are much bigger factors and they dish out money to the bands.

Some venues are offering cheap/free music here and now while large record companies are fighting to keep everything the old way. they want you parting with a large chunk of money (remember in the late 90s/early 00s when album sales slowly rose to up to £15 before play.com etc came about and undercut the retailers?) for an albums worth of tracks.

People have found an alternative and record companies have dug in their heels every step of the way, and why not? they used to be in control, they owned everything, they controlled everything. i don't blame them, but it is an act in futility, and has caused a huge rise in illegally downloaded music. I'm sure you remember it being in the news that "in rainbows" was being illegally downloaded even though it was for sale as "whatever you want", this isn't because people wouldn't want to pay £1 for the album, it was because it was easier to select the album and choose download than it was to go through the payment process.

I am the same, I buy a lot of music but I download a lot too. I see no advantage to buying a cd any more, in fact i've resolved not to buy any music from these companies. Fair enough album sales are down, but blaming it on music listeners is stupid.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:48 pm

veganfishcake wrote:That's always a bit convtraversial, but if you're a big venue booking a big band who can sell a few hundred tickets at a high price, would you lower the price of the ticket? Plus, there may be all sorts of things in the contract like the band getting the majority of the profit if so many tickets are sold...

Yeah the big venues can take advantage of the fact that theres not a lot of competition about in each area for a large space with great acoustics and no legal problems with live music, etc... Its a tough cookie. (Mind you I can afford it easily cos I'm loaded. Twisted Evil )
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Parg wrote:I got a SB6 shirt for £10 (reduced from £15 cos it was the display one). £20 seems a bit excessive though

Bands generally have to pay merch fees at larger shows and especially at Festivals. They're basically paying for the right to be able to sell their merchandise at their own show.

I would expect that it cost the band a lot to get the T-shirt even up on the merch boards at Leeds Festival, especially with them being on the main stage, hence the quite ridiculous markup to cover those costs.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:03 pm

ricky h is right, at least for the moment, we can assume the boom aren't just trying to stitch you. (the festival organisers on the other hand...)
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:56 pm

MidlandsDan wrote:The cut mainstream venues take off tickets is ridiculous, especially considering they could probably make a profit off drink sales alone if the band were funded by ticket sales.

Well maybe thats only true of bands that pull a very large crowd like Rancid. Just throwing it out there.

thats a knee jerk reaction and a half. congratulations on making one of the single most uninformed posts i have had the misfortune to read on this forum.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:05 pm

dammit peeky, you're still allowing me to get pissed off by him.
    Since i've had the dispeasure of reading your rubbish again, MidlandsDan, allow me to add that you have your head so far up your arse you're wearing yourself as a hat.

that is worse than the time you made the assumption that everyone agrees that illegal violent activity is completly justifiable if you don't agree with the victim's politics.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Yeah OK.
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:17 pm

MidlandsDan wrote:Yeah OK.

Good point, well made.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:23 pm