Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Katie
ba-ba
MidlandsDan
Summers
sarahmay
NotRich
iamemmao
Steff
Foxxe
Jess
elliemon
Peeky
Furious D
lightowler
Parg
MangoSkeejykins
Cap'n Lee
The Amazing Fletch
scottus86
23 posters

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories. - Page 6 Empty Re: Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Post by Jess Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:17 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8153387.stm

...Well, I guess that was a bit of a blow.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories. - Page 6 Empty Re: Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Post by Steff Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:55 am

Happy Camel wrote:bit of a blow.

lol'd
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:07 pm

lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:12 pm

Bit off more than he could chew?

- Fag Ash Lil, The Big Smoke

very very amusing
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:53 am

Cap'n Lee wrote:
    Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories. - Page 6 The-Worst-Bat-Villains-The-Exploding-Shark_imagelarge

Ii kinda looks like that shark is having a mega piss into the sea!
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:56 am

it does, how the hell did i never notice that
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:10 pm

the whole transformers part of that story is bullshit, gizmodo started it off by joking about it and it looks like other papers are now citing the transformers link as fact.

he just likes the smell and taste of petrol.

Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:35 pm

scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:21 am

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:25 pm

I love the PETA disclaimer at the end. Vicious bastards those badgers.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:05 pm

haha. brilliant.

I want me a badgerbail
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6739615.ece

tl:dr kid gets beaten to death at a internet adiction camp
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:37 pm

any dig at the daily mail is good in my books

http://kill-or-cure.heroku.com/
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:14 pm

Cats prevent cancer! Shocked
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:30 pm

NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:20 pm

Despite the fact that the girl in question was clearly dimmer than....Dimmers, the Daily Mail (as usual) are focusing entirely on the wrong aspect of the story.

The operator at the end of the phone should certainly have clarified what the girl wanted. Cab is a well recognised term for a taxi, and the error in my opinion is entirely the directory enquiry operator's fault.

If it had been an American tourist using the term cab in that situation, and not a 'youth' that speaks 'like Ali G', the story would've been given an entirely different spin.

[/Daily Mail Rage]
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 pm

it was because of the "cab, innit" thing, say it, it is the same as cabinet.

the exchange as written in the article is completely logical and i'd likely have come to the same conclusion, you wouldn't give a taxi a name like joe baxi, but i can imagine ikea calling a cabinet that.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:40 pm

Very true... I have a ikea chair in my room which they've called Jeff... made me laugh when I saw it.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:01 pm

I love ikea.

I just think it's doing the usual thing of making the youth of today out to be complete illiterate morons, and laying all of the blame on the stupid girl in question.

Yes, ok, asking for a 'cab, innit' could be misunderstood, but there was other dialogue involved. Were I working as a phone operator i'd clarify what my customer wanted before putting them through to somebody that sells cabinets or provides taxis. It's not as if the word "innit" hasn't become widely used in the modern English language.

It's a stupid story, and everyone involved has reached a new personal level of idiocy, but the Mail have focused entirely on the teenage girl.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:03 pm

the compleataly literate and well schooled youth in question was beeing a dick, the operater probably did this to piss them off more than anything.

I think the only thing that needs to be stresed is It hurts my brain
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:46 pm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Sky-News-Archive/Article/20080641288310

A bit morbid but quite interesting.

FletchEdit: Bob has triple six posts.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:24 am

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-08-12/story/mrs_jesus_arrested_at_car_dealership_charged_with_fraud

Also, the Second Coming of Christ isn't to fulfil prophecies and whatnot. He's just gonna pick up his car

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 am