Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Katie
ba-ba
MidlandsDan
Summers
sarahmay
NotRich
iamemmao
Steff
Foxxe
Jess
elliemon
Peeky
Furious D
lightowler
Parg
MangoSkeejykins
Cap'n Lee
The Amazing Fletch
scottus86
23 posters

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories. - Page 10 Empty Re: Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:20 pm

Its how the porters make a bit of overtime mate.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories. - Page 10 Empty Re: Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Post by Furious D Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 pm

Happy Camel wrote:FACTOID!

Did you know that if you have C. Diff one of the treatments is having human shite pumped into your stomach? I bet you all want hospital acquired infections now, eh?!

Be medical and explain why. I won't understand but I want to 'know' Smile
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:42 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8241509.stm

I find this link funny beacause;
    A) lol pc world employes calling people stupid

B) lol people talking on facebook and thinking its private
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:04 pm

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Yeah he just didn't give a shit about humans at all. I'd just want to pick it up and stroke it for a while.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:19 am

Once a Chinese geezer named Mr Xian found a giant rat, and he yelled 'I did it! I caught a rat the size of a cat!' Brilliant quote...I had it as my signature on a forum for a while.
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 am

Furious D wrote:

Did you know that if you have C. Diff one of the treatments is having human shite pumped into your stomach? I bet you all want hospital acquired infections now, eh?!

I'm a wee bit tired, so I'm not going to give you a huge speil, but it's actually really interesting.
    Someone who has had a lot of antibiotics, I'm talking like a hunner tonner IV loads, not your general oral tablet kind, can pick up C-Diff as their 'good' stomach bacteria is depleted due to the 'biotics. The C-Diff can multiply willy nilly and cause very nasty and often fatal infections. If the C-Diff is severe enough that no other treatment has worked then the best thing to do is collect a stool sample from a close family member (they will have similar stool bacteria flora) and just shove the good gut flora back in, called a fecal transplant. You have a wee naso-gastric tube going down the back of your throat to your belly and the course of treatment lasts about a week I think. The balance is restored, the C. Diff infection is 95% of the time corrected and you're cured! YAY!

(It is treated before they put it down your nose, promise Wink)
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:44 am

I get on badly enough with my family without having their shit pumped down my nose.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:21 am

Happy Camel wrote:
    Furious D wrote:

I'm a wee bit tired, so I'm not going to give you a huge speil, but it's actually really interesting.
    Someone who has had a lot of antibiotics, I'm talking like a hunner tonner IV loads, not your general oral tablet kind, can pick up C-Diff as their 'good' stomach bacteria is depleted due to the 'biotics. The C-Diff can multiply willy nilly and cause very nasty and often fatal infections. If the C-Diff is severe enough that no other treatment has worked then the best thing to do is collect a stool sample from a close family member (they will have similar stool bacteria flora) and just shove the good gut flora back in, called a fecal transplant. You have a wee naso-gastric tube going down the back of your throat to your belly and the course of treatment lasts about a week I think. The balance is restored, the C. Diff infection is 95% of the time corrected and you're cured! YAY!

(It is treated before they put it down your nose, promise Wink)

Medical win
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:08 am

treated? to a fun day out to lego land windsor?
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:26 am

No, they put that chocolate sauce on that goes all hard
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Furious D wrote:No, they put that chocolate sauce on that goes all hard

Can't wait for the new flavours of Quality Street come Christmas time...
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Yeah man, chocolate covered shit with a sweetcorn centre
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:04 pm

MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:15 pm

MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:11 am

Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:47 am

Even the words 'sword' and 'incest' make that story look pretty menacing before I've even opened the link!
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Strange creature approaches kids in Panama.
    Kids kill the fuck out of it with rocks.

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?Gollum-like_monster_emerges_from_Panama_lake&in_article_id=739578&in_page_id=2
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:47 pm

coming soon: the daily mail version of events

youths hurl rocks at "golem-like monster"

or perhaps they'll go for

innocent children protect themselves from potential molestation
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:48 pm

elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:43 pm

that gollum thing is well creepy.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:11 pm

After watching The Descent, I'm never going potholing again because of creatures like that.
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Thats evolution, darn, and some silly kids killed it!
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:11 pm

evolution is survival of the fittest and if that thing cant survive petrified children then it aint fit enough
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:14 pm

I suppose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm