Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Steff
dbarefeet
Cap'n Lee
scottus86
Andy DTA
Reel Big Moose
Peeky
brucestorm
Jess
Furious D
tyrannosaurusben
Brunks
Tomskare
MangoSkeejykins
Francis
invertedtwisted
Edhall91
Parg
The Amazing Fletch
lightowler
Summers
25 posters

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Post by Parg Wed May 20, 2009 1:25 am

I know this isn't the right place to post it but I didn't think it was worth creating a new topic:

The Kickback CD I got through the good ol' postal service had a crack running all the way from the edge to the middle. I have the songs from it anyway (downloaded from last.fm) but I was wondering if there was anything else on there (like a treasure map!)

But yeah this post is just me being lame and emo about a broken CD. Also, never try to fix CDs with masking tape.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! - Page 2 Empty Re: Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 1:30 am

Aww, man. I should have put the cd inside the t-shirt, i'm sorry! There wasn't anything else other than the 2 tracks on there, which you can/have downloaded. I'll sort you out with a complimentary copy of the new cd once it's done Smile
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 1:32 am

for practice you should send me a tshirt and a cd
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 3:21 am

Updated the original list with a new date (glasgow) and a changed date (doing oldham instead of cambridge).

Still really need to tie up the 15th though!
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Wed May 20, 2009 3:31 am

Honestly, the Parish gig is gonna be mindblowing. Anyone in the area has to come down for that one! Party night central, right there.

We should get as many SkaMutiny people to come, it's a way away now so you can book trains and that. Do it, it'll be cute Smile
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 3:33 am

That is definitely going to be epic. The wizard stick potential alone is incredible. I think we should find an all you can eat buffet again as well.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 20, 2009 6:04 pm

Summers wrote:Aww, man. I should have put the cd inside the t-shirt, i'm sorry! There wasn't anything else other than the 2 tracks on there, which you can/have downloaded. I'll sort you out with a complimentary copy of the new cd once it's done Smile

Awesome thanks man. You like the best admin on a site I've ever been on! (That's only about 2 sites really but it's a start isn't it? (Also you should totally include a treasure map in the new CD. Like GEOCACHING or something))

I could theoretically go to the parish gig. None of the dates are really close to me and it's in the summer holidays. I could probably get at least one person to go with me too (my mate said he wants to visit new places in the UK).
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Wed May 20, 2009 6:07 pm

Summers wrote:Updated the original list with a new date (glasgow)

HURRAH! I was doubting if I could make it over to the Burger so this is a very nice turn of events Very Happy
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Parg wrote:
    Summers wrote:Aww, man. I should have put the cd inside the t-shirt, i'm sorry! There wasn't anything else other than the 2 tracks on there, which you can/have downloaded. I'll sort you out with a complimentary copy of the new cd once it's done Smile

Awesome thanks man. You like the best admin on a site I've ever been on! (That's only about 2 sites really but it's a start isn't it? (Also you should totally include a treasure map in the new CD. Like GEOCACHING or something))

I could theoretically go to the parish gig. None of the dates are really close to me and it's in the summer holidays. I could probably get at least one person to go with me too (my mate said he wants to visit new places in the UK).

haha, thanks! It's not really in my duties as an admin to conduct kickback business though. You should definitely try making it to the parish! 2 wicked tours in one Very Happy
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 10:12 pm

Happy Camel wrote:
    Summers wrote:Updated the original list with a new date (glasgow)

HURRAH! I was doubting if I could make it over to the Burger so this is a very nice turn of events Very Happy

Yeaaah! The edinburgh show we're gonna be on at like, 1.45am, so i can't imagine anyone other than regulars coming to that one! Hopefully glasgow will be good though, i don't really know any ska bands from glasgow to try and play with though!
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Wed May 20, 2009 11:23 pm

Jeezo, you're definitely limited up here for support bands. It's usually either The Hijacks or The Hostiles... there just doesn't seem to be that many other bands about, which is a real shame actually. Sad
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 11:48 pm

the first time i saw sb6 it was in newcastle at the end of a clubnight, was strange but bad ass
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 21, 2009 12:04 am

Summers wrote:haha, thanks! It's not really in my duties as an admin to conduct kickback business though. You should definitely try making it to the parish! 2 wicked tours in one Very Happy

Any idea how I could get up there? Apparently it's about £140 return for the train and £80 by plane (to Leeds).
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 21, 2009 12:08 am

if you can get a train across to london you can then get teh mega buss for a full£1.50 all the way to leeds
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 12:47 am

Summers wrote:That is definitely going to be epic. The wizard stick potential alone is incredible. I think we should find an all you can eat buffet again as well.

Oh good God, I didn't even think of that.

Everyone should deffo come to that gig!
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 21, 2009 12:49 am

lightowler wrote:if you can get a train across to london you can then get teh mega buss for a full£1.50 all the way to leeds

Most awesome! Anyone know where I can get tickets for the gig (I guess they're not on sale yet but I couldn't find any place that sells them for the Parish)?
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 12:51 am

I should imagine you'll be able to get in on the door Smile
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 21, 2009 12:55 am

For free? I'm down with free stuff. Word.

Hopefully I'll have enough money to get there and buy stuff then Smile
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 1:08 am

I didn't mean for free! Haha, sorry. Maybe Kickback'll put you on their guestlist Wink
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 1:48 am

As if we'll have a guestlist :p Mikey Shiraz is selling a kidney just to put us on.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 21, 2009 2:00 am

more like a Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! - Page 2 865997 list
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 2:32 am

Nicely done! You're slowly but surely establishing yourself as cool.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 21, 2009 2:38 am

Very Happy
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 am

Furious D wrote:I didn't mean for free! Haha, sorry. Maybe Kickback'll put you on their guestlist Wink

It was worth a try Very Happy So any idea where I could get a ticket in advance? I'd hate to travel all the way there and not get in. It's like at least an 8 hour journey Shocked
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Unfortunately I don't but I really don't think you need to worry!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:35 pm