Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Steff
dbarefeet
Cap'n Lee
scottus86
Andy DTA
Reel Big Moose
Peeky
brucestorm
Jess
Furious D
tyrannosaurusben
Brunks
Tomskare
MangoSkeejykins
Francis
invertedtwisted
Edhall91
Parg
The Amazing Fletch
lightowler
Summers
25 posters

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! Empty Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Post by Summers Wed May 13, 2009 9:54 am

Manchesters STAND OUT RIOT [ www.myspace.com/standoutriot ] bring a heady dose of singalong skacore with an unhealthy portion of gypsy punk, and mix it all up to create some of the freshest sounding UK Ska-Punk you've ever given your ears the pleasure of listening to. Often compared to bands such as Streetlight Manifesto and Gogol Bordello, the band see themselves as the middle ground between the two. With numerous support slots with bands such as The Planet Smashers, Sonic Boom Six and Random Hand, the band has proven they can go toe to toe with the biggest names in the genre. With the release of their debut album The Carnival Militia (recorded at BigTone Studios in Manchester with infamous UK producer TimG), the band has truly outdone themselves musically, and plans to unleash their frenetic musical frenzy on the UK with a fortnight long tour.

Support comes from KICKBACK UK [ www.myspace.com/thisiskickback ], who take a faster and more aggressive approach to Ska-Punk, drawing influence from bands such as Strike Anywhere and Rise Against as well as Less Than Jake and Rx Bandits. The band plan to release a long awaited debut mini-album in Summer 2009 to coincide with the tour.

The bands are heading out on tour from July 3rd to July 16th.

JULY

2nd - CLEETHORPES, Gypsy Tears
    3rd - NEW MILLS, Paladium
    4th - COLWYN BAY, The Prince Madocs [W/ Detached]
    5th - MANCHESTER, Retro Bar [W/ The Dead Reckoning, Rasta4Eyes, Acid Drop and more]
    6th - SHEFFIELD, Stock Room [W/ Tyrannosaurus Alan, ShotShotStacy + Power Corrupts]
    7th - LEEDS, The Packhorse
    8th - GLASGOW, V Club [evening show]
    8th - EDINBURGH, Whistle Binkies [VERY late show - 12.30am+]
    9th - HUDDERSFIELD, The Parish [W/ Random Hand + The Skints]
    10th - OLDHAM, The Castle
    11th - LIVERPOOL, St George's Tavern (Next to Bootle New Strand Station) [W/ Tyrannosaurus Alan]
    12th - NORWICH, B2 [W/ Blag]
    13th - BRIGHTON, Engine Rooms [W/ Rice!]
    14th - LEICESTER, The Cellar Bar [W/ The Mango Mafia]
    15th - NOTTINGHAM, tbc
    16th - BLACKPOOL, West Coast Rock Cafe [W/ The Skints + The John Player Specials]

Yeah, if any promoters would like to help fill dates that'd be wonderful. Otherwise, would be cool if people would come out to dates!

Last edited by Summers on Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 10 times in total
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! Empty Re: Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Post by lightowler Wed May 13, 2009 10:14 am

oooooh huddersfield sounds fun, pluss i think you should start listing me in kick backs influences (and posibly lee as well)
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! Empty Re: Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Norwich w00t! I'll be there.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 13, 2009 5:47 pm

You'd better come to Bristol (or that area at least). I've wanted to see SoR since I got Carnival Militia (the clown thing is creepy as hell, by the way).
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed May 13, 2009 6:11 pm

We're trying for bristol, not having a lot of luck at the moment though!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Get into promoting, Parg. Then you can have all the gigs you want (technically).
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 13, 2009 6:56 pm

There is a slight problem with that plan in that I have no money, a load of exams in a week or so and I'm no good at talking to people.
    Edhall91
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Edhall91 Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 am

Bristols a fucker aint it, dont worry summers we will find the right people and hunt them
    invertedtwisted
    invertedtwisted
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by invertedtwisted Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 am

Ahah, brilliant! Been waiting for SOR to get themselves out of Manchester. Really hope I get to see them on this tour.
    Francis
    Francis
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Francis Thu May 14, 2009 2:50 pm

hooray!

yes, this will be mint!
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Thu May 14, 2009 10:29 pm

thanks for the support slot summers =D

july 14th at the cellar bar in the shed, leicester, anyone in the area should come (Y)

2 days before this we're supporting chase long beach in nottingham as well so july is lookin awesome for my tiny lil local band =]
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Fri May 15, 2009 9:53 am

Only one date to go now, shit yeah! I'm well looking forward to getting around and playing with some lovely bands and seeing some lovely places.

Norwich is just gonna be us quoting Alan Partridge, non stop.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri May 15, 2009 11:15 am

Kiss my face.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Fri May 15, 2009 11:24 am

We couldn't see the spice girls, so we're going to longstanton spice museum.

Facebook event for this here, if anyones interested - https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=82150911847&ref=nf
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Fri May 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Shit. Don't think I can go to any of those dates. Crying or Very sad
    Tomskare
    Tomskare
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Tomskare Fri May 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Will break my own rules and try and get down to Whistle Binkies to see ya... Not normally a place associated with good music!
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Sat May 16, 2009 3:11 pm

Ahh really? I think we're also playing Glasgow earlier on in the day, going to be a long night!
    Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Brunks Sat May 16, 2009 4:04 pm

Well in on getting them dates booked up!
    Edhall91
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Edhall91 Sun May 17, 2009 3:54 pm

Yeah fellas il come the dates i can make!
    tyrannosaurusben
    tyrannosaurusben
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by tyrannosaurusben Sun May 17, 2009 6:27 pm

im well looking forward to gigging with you lot. We might have a gig near Manchester the same night as you so we can race each other back from Wales...
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sun May 17, 2009 10:18 pm

I bet on Tyrannosaurus Alan winning the race. Dinosaurs may not be able to run as fast as cars / vans / whatever but they are more likely to make other people get out of the way in a traffic jam. I think that will give them the edge.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Mon May 18, 2009 2:17 am

I bet on you beating us sice we'll probably be delayed with all the dickpoling we'll be doing out of the car windows.
    tyrannosaurusben
    tyrannosaurusben
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by tyrannosaurusben Mon May 18, 2009 2:46 am

you know not dickpoling til you know our drive by trombone.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue May 19, 2009 3:58 am

That sounds AMAZING. We should have a convoy of cars with trombones.

In recognition of Alan Partridge, the day we play Norwich we can only communicate via the medium of Partridge quotes.
    tyrannosaurusben
    tyrannosaurusben
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by tyrannosaurusben Tue May 19, 2009 5:33 am

Well its either drive by trombone, singing vindaloo, or throwing chips at cyclists.

is there a skatepark in sheffield? we're pretty extreme. we'll bust some moves.

I'm gona walk round norwich looking for Dan...

"DAN!..... DAN!...........DAN!..................DAN!"

etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:28 am