Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Steff
dbarefeet
Cap'n Lee
scottus86
Andy DTA
Reel Big Moose
Peeky
brucestorm
Jess
Furious D
tyrannosaurusben
Brunks
Tomskare
MangoSkeejykins
Francis
invertedtwisted
Edhall91
Parg
The Amazing Fletch
lightowler
Summers
25 posters

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Francis
    Francis
    Admin
    Admin

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! - Page 5 Empty Re: Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Post by Francis Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:09 pm

this starts tomorrow, crackas

get excited
    Francis
    Francis
    Admin
    Admin

Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour! - Page 5 Empty Re: Stand Out Riot/Kickback UK - July Tour!

Post by Francis Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:31 pm

day one, fucking awesome
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:47 pm

Have a good one guys I love you

I'd totally be at colwyn bay if I wasn't doing a gig myself that night + if it was closer.
    Francis
    Francis
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Francis Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:36 pm

yeah, wales is much longer than I think!

hope tonight goes well, and sorry we couldn't be there!
    the Hostiles won't disappoint.

day two was sweatier than day one, by a long way
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:21 pm

hey guys, for your leicester gig july 14th my band can do a full band set now instead of acoustic as drummer got it off work =]

not expecting a great crowd though as it's leicester so noone goes to gigs and anyone who does will probably not go to two in a week and i'm sure a few are coming to our random hand gig on the 7th
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:52 pm

Same goes for Norwich. I think we've got quite a few as attending on the facebook invite but that means nothing.
    Miss Lynsey Hostiles
    Miss Lynsey Hostiles
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by Miss Lynsey Hostiles Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:16 pm

twas a pleasure to play with the lovely kickback and stand out riot in new mills! a tip top gig all round, you are all thoroughly smashing folk. hopefully cya in glasgow on wed . xxx
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:47 pm

Going dead well so far! Tyrannosaurus Alan are our new best friends. Sheffield tonight, fun times ahoy.
    Miss Lynsey Hostiles
    Miss Lynsey Hostiles
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by Miss Lynsey Hostiles Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:20 pm

u playing the redhouse? you'll be in for a treat.

if you are tell the promotor rob i say hi!
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:07 am

Oh man, the sor/kbuk/t.alan brass council is the best thing ever. See it for yourselves at glasgow and liverpool!!!
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Leeds is tonight! Please come down and say hello Smile
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:02 pm

tis going to be awesome, are you going to party so hard you throw up black? Very Happy
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:25 pm

NO. Got to drive to glasgow tomorrow.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:27 pm

your no friend of andrew wk
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:31 pm

lightowler wrote:tis going to be awesome, are you going to party so hard you throw up black? Very Happy

RACIST
    brucestorm
    brucestorm
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by brucestorm Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:21 pm

LAST NIGHT WAS MINT! NUF SAID!
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:06 pm

Woot!
    brucestorm
    brucestorm
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by brucestorm Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:36 am

Since I dont have the power to post in the reviews section....

Stand out Riot/KickbackUK/Sinister Flynn/Tyrannosaurus Alan

8/7/09 Glasgow V-Club

This is my recollection of the gig, note: I was steaming so some parts are a bit hazy!

Woke up late with a raging hangover then it was straight to the kitchen to cook up some pasta and the weird spinach pizzas! Then it was off to Glasgow to pick up a drum kit and all the happy stuff.

Arrived at 6pm for sound check, which went very smooth for a change!

The GIG

Standout Riot

Due to unforeseen circumstances SOR went on first due to the lack of a guitar player so KBUK stepped up and supplied a guitarist for the night! Asking to go on first because they thought they would not be as tight but honestly they were awesome! Best opening band I have seen! Had guest appearances from other bands which was awesome! Was also good to hear the live version of the song I had on my myspace! Classic last song!

T-Alan

Usually im not a big fan of hip-hop style ska, but to be honest I really did enjoy the set as it was not as hip-hoppy as I was led to believe. Possibly the coolest thing I have seen was everyone with wireless leads coming onto the dancefloor and skanking with the crowd! Singing was unbelievable, I honestly don’t know how anyone can sing that fast and not die!

Sinister Flynn

An awesome last minute addition to the line-up. Was wanting to see these guys for a while, very 2tone style ska which always goes down well. I urge everyone to check them out. Was awesome hearing songs live that were on their myspace once again. Also there was another stage invasion from other bands, at this point I was burst so I cant remember who went up. Having not rehearsed anything it sounded perfect!

KickbackUK

To top off an awesome night it was KBUK. At this point I was paralytic, and I mean that. Finished off my crate of Tennants, and was ready for a good dance! Before they went on I got told that the original curfew was not going to stand and we had the venue til whenever! So all systems go, KBUK can play for as long as they want! I am happy about this. Down the front skanking, dancing, everything and anything! Was totally awesome, soaked with sweat that only rivals the time I saw NOFX/Snuff twice in 2 days and that’s a hard thing to do! So towards the end of the set, it seemed like the full crowed went on stage and grabbed an instrument. I even got a trumpet! And no I cant play worth a shit, but it was great. Skanking and pretending to play trumpet was totally rad! I saw someone taking picture, I need to see them! No one actually believes that I was on stage. Out of every band I have asked to sing/play for on stage I have always been told “No Chance” until now! Summers the kind gent he is let me in on the action!

Overall…

I have done a fair amount of gigs in the past, but this one really stands out. Didn’t have the greatest turnout but musically, every band was perfect and I am so glad Josh from the Hostiles told me to do this gig. It was also very nice to see bands out on the dancefloor for each other as many bands these days just sit in the backstage room while the others play. Also stage invasions are my new favourite thing, awesome to see every band knowing each others songs. Was a real Party Atmosphere!

Rating: 10/10

Will gladly have any of the bands back up this way!

PEACE!
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:12 am

Ah, god, i love everyone, so much. I'm gonna start writing some sort of tour diary tomorrow. Leeds was brilliant, glasgow was immense, and tonight in hudds was top quality. Proper knackered now. Going to bed. Love you all xxx
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:46 am

Since im now at teh internets I will also do a review of tuesday nights procedings

Leeds, shitcrap, stand out riot nd acid drop

as a nice mid way tour break kick back and stand out riot played exclusivly covers for their sets that was entirly amusing and well thourt out.

kickback opend up with a ska version of the 10things I hate about you soudtrack and finished off with disney covers, stand out riot then rose the standard with beverly hills cop and legaly blond covers.

acid drop wer fucking spot on and sauwsome,

we then hit the cockpit where summers proceded to give me swine aids and made me miss a day of work and lees gig.

on a seriouse note when did kick back and stand out riot get that good, I meen good damn good
    brucestorm
    brucestorm
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by brucestorm Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:13 pm

Swine Aids! hahahaha
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Jeez, I'm so sorry I wasn't at the Glasgow date, sounds like I missed out on a good gig there. Got stuck in Aberdeen Sad And I can't got to cat Empire tonight either! Double disaster!!
    brucestorm
    brucestorm
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by brucestorm Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:55 pm

That sucks, you going to Random Hand on Sunday?
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:58 pm

definitely will be there on aaturday in Aberdeen but not sure on sunday yet. If i'm not working until thursday again I can't be jeered coming back to glasgow already. I'll hopefully find out my shifts later on though so I'll let you know!
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Yo - we've had a date fall through on the 15th, sadly Sad Sorry nottingham Sad We're desperate to play anywhere for anything to anyone on that date, can anyone help?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:35 pm