Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
andydazzler
tyrannosaurusben
Edhall91
Steff
Peeky
Furious D
scottus86
lightowler
The Amazing Fletch
sian
Parg
Summers
Brunks
17 posters

'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR...

Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR... Empty ''A WAR AGAINST SOUND'' JULY TOUR...

Post by Brunks Tue May 12, 2009 4:45 pm

'A WarAgainstSound' venture out on a 22 date self booked tour in July and only have 4 more shows to book. If any one could help us out with any of these dates it would be greatly appreciated as we really dont want any gaps!

We'd only need £40 to cover food/fuel expenses and a place to crash! (We can always sort somewhere else to crash if it causes any problems)

We're up for doing shows on 10th July and 2nd August too if you can put us on!

www.myspace.com/awaragainstsound

11 Jul 2009 PUNX PICNIC Bournemouth
    12 Jul 2009 (NEED SHOW MIDLANDS/NORTH)
    13 Jul 2009 WAGON & HORSES Birmingham
    14 Jul 2009 TBC, SCOTLAND
    15 Jul 2009 THE TUNNELS Aberdeen, Scotland
    16 Jul 2009 CASSETTE Glasgow, Scotland
    17 Jul 2009 THE BALCONY BAR Dundee, Scotland
    18 Jul 2009 MUCKY MULLIGANS Perth, Scotland
    19 Jul 2009 THE ROYAL OAK Ipswich
    20 Jul 2009 (NEED SHOW MIDLANDS/NORTH)
    21 Jul 2009 LIVERPOOL Liverpool
    22 Jul 2009 (NEED SHOW MIDLANDS/NORTH/SOUTH)
    23 Jul 2009 THE MAZE Nottingham
    24 Jul 2009 THE DOG & PARTRIDGE Bolton
    25 Jul 2009 THE RIGGER (ALL DAYER) Stoke-on-Trent
    26 Jul 2009 BEDFORD PARK (ALL NIGHTER) Streatham, London
    27 Jul 2009 (NEED SHOW SOUTH)
    28 Jul 2009 DIRTY SOUTH Lewisham, South East London
    29 Jul 2009 NAGS HEAD High Wycombe
    30 Jul 2009 SAWYERS Kettering
    31 Jul 2009 SOUTH EAST London
    01 Aug 2009 COLWYN BAY Wales
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR... Empty Re: 'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR...

Post by Summers Tue May 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Where are you guys playing in Liverpool?
    Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Brunks Tue May 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Tom from 'The Stopouts' is putting us on and hasnt got a venue yet, but he did say the gigs definatly on. Hopefully it will be a good show because there a pretty good band played with them in Colwyn Bay last weekend.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue May 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Ahh wicked, i know Tom. Mint guy, even if he is southern. Good to see he's trying to sort stuff out in Liverpool!
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Tue May 12, 2009 5:29 pm

You should add a Bristol date on that there list (hint hint).
    Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Brunks Tue May 12, 2009 6:26 pm

We've been trying to get a show in Bristol for ages, tryed to get a gig at 'The Croft' through deadpunkpromo but hes not got anything on in July. If you know anyone that could get us on there we'll get straight on it!
    sian
    sian
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by sian Wed May 13, 2009 2:05 am

hmm.. £40 bit might be the issue for small promoters... with venue costs and other bands as well it'd mean taking a fair amount on the door!
    Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Brunks Wed May 13, 2009 3:51 am

We mainly need costs to cover us getting there and for food that night and the next day. If the gig wasnt as far to travel to from the last we wouldnt need as much but £30-40 is normally what it costs us. As long as all costs are covered we'll happily play anywhere.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 13, 2009 8:42 am

How much does a venue cost in Sheffield? Usually it's free down in Norwich and the venue just makes money on drinks sales.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 13, 2009 11:42 am

wait what! free venue sounds awesome venue costs are usually like half the price of the gig

edit: (depending on the size of the gig)
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Wed May 13, 2009 1:57 pm

Are you guys in plymouth tomorrow?
    Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Brunks Wed May 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Yeh were playing at white rabbit with Random Hand and Sonic Boom 6. Should be a fucking mint gig!
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Wed May 13, 2009 4:25 pm

£40 on the door is easy if you put a bit of work in (and a bit of thought into the lineup), anyone saying that's too much is just lazy Very Happy
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Wed May 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Furious D wrote:£40 on the door is easy if you put a bit of work in (and a bit of thought into the lineup), anyone saying that's too much is just lazy Very Happy

Im gonna have to disagree with you there Mr D as its not just £40 its venue hire, sound guy and equipment on top of that(cheapest you can get that for in Leeds is £60) so its already a hundred quid gig without supports or any promotional materials(photocopying fliers/posters usually costs around a tenner) plus support(i would go with around 40 for 2 local bands)

even if you charge a fiver a ticket thats 30 people you have to get through the door or end up paying out, which in this day and age when people just arent coming to local gigs any more is actually gonna be quite an achievement.

we've worked our arses off before to promote similar gigs with one not very well known out of town band and 2 locals and pulled in about 10/15 people before, sometimes you just gotta know your area well enough to draw the line and make the decision that £40 is a little bit much.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Wed May 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Personally, I'd say £40 is a good price for a decent headlining band, but you woudln't want to pay a local support band that much, unless the gig was guranteed a huge turnout, and it's never really a 100% then.

This is just from my very small amount of experience as a promoter.
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Wed May 13, 2009 8:14 pm

you wouldnt want to pay local support £20 each? really?
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Fucking hell I paid two support bands £100 each a few months ago. I did get a great turnout though so I let them have extra. I still would have paid them about £40. Maybe that's where I've been going wrong. I'm giving too much money away.
    Edhall91
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Edhall91 Wed May 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Just consider what the band puts into it and what they have to cover 22 days in a row. We're amongst the cheapest tourin bands easily, and we've lost fuckin loads on top of that the past year, just depends what deal the promoter has with their venue really...
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Wed May 13, 2009 9:16 pm

I fully understand what the band has to do more than most believe me, I have been promoting in Leeds for nearly 8 years after all.
    i wasn't trying to say that the band aren't worth £40 just that a promoter has to know their scene and how many people they can realistically get through the door in their city.It comes out of our pockets at the end of the day when only 10 people show up to a show that needed 30 to break even.
    I've been to Sheffield on numerous occasions over the last few years for small gigs with out of town bands and in my opinion theres just not a huge ska punk scene there unfortunately.
    Edhall91
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Edhall91 Wed May 13, 2009 10:20 pm

In Sheffield? We played there not last weekend - one before. And it was fully packed. With a dude called rocabilly rob?
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Wed May 13, 2009 11:00 pm

maybe i've just been to the wrong sheffield gigs then!

either way I just think its harsh to call a promoter lazy because they dont want to take what they perceive as a big risk. Thats all I have to say now anyways i'm done arguing.
    sian
    sian
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by sian Wed May 13, 2009 11:11 pm

I always offer at least £30 to out of town bands to cover costs... if we take enough on the door give more! It's just to do with breaking even.

Sheffield has an odd scene... punk one's pretty strong - Not Shy of the DIY put on loads. Ska one's a bit harder to mobilise.... especially out of term time! ..Does rely a lot on the band having fans in the area really.

Never heard of rackabilly rob? Where'd you play?
    Edhall91
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Edhall91 Thu May 14, 2009 12:01 am

The 'Red House', the guys top, gets totally fucked at his gigs but his girlfriend makes sense for him n makes sure you dont get stranded or go hungry... The guy added us on the mornin of the gig to the bill cu we had another canceled n bought us all a take away n gave us somewhere to stop.
    Dont worry Peeky, i didnt realize we were arguing...
    Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Brunks Mon May 18, 2009 3:18 pm

Anyone know of any reliable promoters from Newcastle/Middlesbrough area? Really want a tour date round that area but finding it a ball ache to find any decent promoters about there.
    tyrannosaurusben
    tyrannosaurusben
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by tyrannosaurusben Mon May 18, 2009 5:44 pm

For July 10th try talking to Robb Blake. Brave promotions...

He's putting us on in Salisbury July 10th. Might be able to get you on the bill.

www.myspace.com/bravepromotions1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:26 am