Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
andydazzler
tyrannosaurusben
Edhall91
Steff
Peeky
Furious D
scottus86
lightowler
The Amazing Fletch
sian
Parg
Summers
Brunks
17 posters

'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR...

Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR... - Page 2 Empty Re: 'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR...

Post by Brunks Mon May 18, 2009 8:35 pm

Someones sorting us a date on the 10th in Bradford, nice one for trying to help though really appreciate it. Were playing with you guys in London on 25th July on that all dayer zak and andy are putting on, should be good 'en. Dont suppose you know anyone that puts on Monday shows? there a bastard to find!
    Brunks
    Brunks
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR... - Page 2 Empty Re: 'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR...

Post by Brunks Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Also promoters that do Wednesday shows need a date on the 22nd
    andydazzler
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

'A WAR AGAINST SOUND' JULY TOUR... - Page 2 Empty messers

Post by andydazzler Wed May 27, 2009 7:45 am

any promoter that gets shirty about paying a band on tour £40 has blatantly dealt with zero touring bands in their time.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 27, 2009 11:03 pm

is the clowyn bay date for saplt at the madocs? that place is mint as are the people there, dead friendly!

As for shef gigs, we palyed there last year with the hijacks n while it wasnyt packed there were easily 40 people there. which isnt a bad turn out for 2 out of town small bands and one local.
    palying there again july 24th, cant wait!
    Andy DTA
    Andy DTA
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Andy DTA Thu May 28, 2009 2:02 am

As someone said earlier, £40 for a not-well-known band from out of town can either be a bargain or expensive. There are so many factors to take into consideration, in terms of venue/pa/security/promoting costs; how expensive the rest of the bill is; how much of a scene there is for the type of music on offer; and of course what night of the week it is. A friday/saturday night gig is a hell of a lot easier to get people out to than a midweek show. Personally, although £40 isn't a vast sum, I would only consider paying a band that much if I honestly thought they'd bring in that many fans - so for a £5 ticket, if I thought they'd bring in 9 or more PAYING punters, it'd be a chance worth having. If they aren't gonna bring in anyone, then I'd not see the point in putting them on, as it'd be just throwing money away! But thats just me.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 28, 2009 12:01 pm

agreed, nice post. For me if a band wants £40 they either have to be good enough that im prepaired to pay £40 out of my own pocket to see or they are going to be brining £40 worth of custom to the gig, lets remeber here that promoting is not a profitable business for most promoters. going hungry because you just put a realy good band on that no one came to see And payed them is all very punkrock and so, but your still hungry
    brucestorm
    brucestorm
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by brucestorm Thu May 28, 2009 12:16 pm

lightowler wrote:agreed, nice post. For me if a band wants £40 they either have to be good enough that im prepaired to pay £40 out of my own pocket to see or they are going to be brining £40 worth of custom to the gig, lets remeber here that promoting is not a profitable business for most promoters. going hungry because you just put a realy good band on that no one came to see And payed them is all very punkrock and so, but your still hungry

Here here, i second that motion!
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu May 28, 2009 2:07 pm

andydazzler wrote:any promoter that gets shirty about paying a band on tour £40 has blatantly dealt with zero touring bands in their time.

that's business for you, you can't argue that a promoter should pay £40 for a support band, if they were worth it, they would book them. (not a sleight on the bands in question, this is all hypothetical). It's all well and good arguing that a band needs that £40 to basically carry on doing what they're doing, but a touring band is not entitled to £40.

I've seen peeky put on gigs (with touring bands and everything) that have cost him big-time but he has always kept his promises with bands and paid as agreed. £40 can easily be the difference between breaking even and losing money.
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Thu May 28, 2009 3:57 pm

BAM BAM BAM!!! Thats the sound of the nail being hit squarely on the head.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 28, 2009 4:03 pm

Yo, without meaning to sound like a dick, could we keep this on topic? This discussion can be taken to a new thread if it needs to be.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu May 28, 2009 4:06 pm

i'd argue that conversation naturally goes off topic and that as long as we're willing to allow others to bring it back on topic should they discuss it that there isn't a problem but that would be off-topic so i won't

p.s. it wasn't me that gave you negative feedback
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 28, 2009 4:09 pm

It's just not a discussion that needs to be in this particular topic when a band is looking for/advertising tour dates.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu May 28, 2009 4:11 pm

at very least, we're bumping the topic back to the top, increasing the chances that someone would read it.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Agreed. I'm still starting a new thread for the topic though, i think it's something that warrants it's own thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:41 am