Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
MidlandsDan
Manamana
ScaredOfPoo
elliemon
angie_c
Uncle J
Furious D
Jess
tyrannosaurusben
lightowler
moojam
TrusLuchus
Edhall91
Andrew
brokennose
scottus86
Reel Big Moose
davecamus
sian
Parg
Cap'n Lee
The Amazing Fletch
Summers
27 posters

So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment?

Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment? Empty So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment?

Post by Summers Mon May 11, 2009 11:23 am

Eaasily The Skints. Massive tunes, and a brilliant combination of reggae and ska/punk.

http://www.myspace.com/theskintsuk

So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment? L_4e5ce450935143a0849772a299334c9b

Touring with The Slackers this month, and Random Hand in July. Check em out for sure!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment? Empty Re: So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment?

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon May 11, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah I'd have to say the Skints too. I've only got their self titled EP. Need moar tunez!
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment? Empty Re: So, who's your favourite UK band at the moment?

Post by Summers Mon May 11, 2009 11:33 am

I'm not usually a big reggae fan, but they combine it with the ska and punx so well. Every song on that EP is brilliant!
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon May 11, 2009 3:19 pm

interesting thread, i've been a big fan of what little harijan is available for quite a while, anyone who likes their ska very punk should enjoy this, I imagine this would get along with Feltch quite well

edit: there's a link in there by the way
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Mon May 11, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm guessing you've heard the new stuff they released last year? Really good tracks, good to finally hear recordings with the brass on.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon May 11, 2009 3:26 pm

oh, I have, just it's still not much Smile

it is a real shame as they're so good, but they just aren't gigging or releasing as much as they should.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Mon May 11, 2009 5:57 pm

I'ma liking Anti-Vigilante a lot at the moment (from what I've heard on their myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/antivigilante ). Only problem is that they are only playing in the not South West.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon May 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Yay for Anti-Vigilante. They did a gig for me in Norwich on Valentine's day with their mates Near the Knuckle and another band Shizamms Picbox. Nobody turned up which is a shame because they were all really talented musicians.

Check out Near the Knuckle (www.myspace.com/neartheknuckle) their EP is great.
    sian
    sian
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by sian Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 pm

Reckon i might go with The Skints as well
    just listened to & quoted their EP for dissertation.. hard times.
    davecamus
    davecamus
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by davecamus Tue May 12, 2009 7:59 pm

I think it has to be Imperial Leisure- The most energetic band I've seen yet!

Pure British Brilliance. www.myspace.com/imperialleisure
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 am

SOnic boom 6 no contest. tho big mentions to random hand and acid drop, oh and barbar luck Very Happy even on his own the guy is amazing
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Wed May 13, 2009 1:54 pm

reel_big_moose@yahoo.co.u wrote:SOnic boom 6 no contest. tho big mentions to random hand and acid drop, oh and barbar luck Very Happy even on his own the guy is amazing

I think since I've been back from Australia, the few times I've seen SB6 they have been really boring, as a result I've started finding listening to them a bit irritating, shame really.

For me at the moment I'm really liking The Arteries from Swindon, and The JBconspiracy.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 13, 2009 1:57 pm

i keep meaning to chek out the jb conspiracy. strange borinng is one word i would never asosciate with sb6, even with somoen who didnt like em
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Wed May 13, 2009 2:02 pm

reel_big_moose@yahoo.co.u wrote:i keep meaning to chek out the jb conspiracy. strange borinng is one word i would never asosciate with sb6, even with somoen who didnt like em

The thing is, I did really like them, and about 2 years ago I'd have agreed with you, but as I say, for me they've gotten boring, n now i find them hard to listen too.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 13, 2009 2:14 pm

cant argue wit ur opinion Smile just disagree. Ive finally got round to working on the dub tack i been promising id do for months. fun times.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 13, 2009 2:17 pm

I have to say, I'm not the greatest fan of SB6.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 13, 2009 2:24 pm

I can fully understand why people might not like them, they aint exactly ur average ska band, and laial has a really marmite voice (love or hate)
    brokennose
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by brokennose Wed May 13, 2009 3:01 pm

if anyones nterested in the skacore scene. then check out beat the red light and anti vigilante. hese to bands are sick. also check out stand out riot harijan and a war against sound. stand out riot are ska punk with bits of skacore elemnts and a bit gypsy aswell. really good band and harijan are ska punk
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed May 13, 2009 3:35 pm

Definitely a fan of BTRL, awesome band.
    Andrew
    Andrew
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Andrew Wed May 13, 2009 4:15 pm

scottus86 wrote:
    For me at the moment I'm really liking The Arteries from Swindon, and The JBconspiracy.

unless there's a ska band with the same name, i assume you mean The Arteries from Swansea? they are gonna be my vote as well. seriously amazing stuff.

also shout outs to the cut ups, the steal, failsafe and mouthwash.

and for those who haven't heard, the new SB6 album is a belter.
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Wed May 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Andrew wrote:
    scottus86 wrote:

unless there's a ska band with the same name, i assume you mean The Arteries from Swansea? they are gonna be my vote as well. seriously amazing stuff.

also shout outs to the cut ups, the steal, failsafe and mouthwash.

and for those who haven't heard, the new SB6 album is a belter.

swansea! thats the one, i always get those 2 mixed up for some reason!

The Steal are cool what i've heard of them anyway, and i see the cut ups way to much being from Exeter but they have some catchy songs too!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 13, 2009 4:50 pm

Now you mention it, I think I prefer JB over the Skints. They did a gig in Norwich with only half of their lineup and some kit broke and everything. All the other bands were sharing kit and they improvised really well. It made it that little bit more special.
    Edhall91
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Edhall91 Wed May 13, 2009 10:08 pm

I was gonna post btrl too, so good. Played an acoustic set with them in march was a good night!
    TrusLuchus
    TrusLuchus
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by TrusLuchus Thu May 14, 2009 2:55 pm

I'd have to go with SB6 and The Skints.
    Saw them both in Brighton for the start of SB6's City Of Thieves tour and they were both epic. Can't get much better than standing next to Barney Boom while The Skints played a collection of Toots and the Maytals covers
    moojam
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by moojam Tue May 19, 2009 1:30 am

you can't deny the importance of the king blues. there new stuff may not be that skary but massive respect to them for getting to where they are the ska world should be proud of them. Smile

and i like their new stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:12 pm