Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Manamana
Foxxe
Peeky
lightowler
NotRich
Summers
The Amazing Fletch
Reel Big Moose
Cap'n Lee
therur
14 posters

Worst Band Ever?

Manamana
    Manamana
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Worst Band Ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst Band Ever?

Post by Manamana Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:37 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who like Busted, and those who secretly like Busted.

That is so very true Very Happy

I think my most hated band is Love and a .45. I think they're awful, but what's worse is they keep playing ska shows supporting bands I really like, so I have to sit through their shit or hang around the bar trying to hum loudly. I despise Coldplay too, but at least they are more avoidable and I've never paid money to see/hear them.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:54 pm

theres been a few times that i've seen good bands but in the wrong gig and i've walked away from the show thinking low of them because of it.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:41 am

I don't like fandangle, as previously mentioned somewhere deep in the start of this forum. Not the worst band ever though.
    BrokenCYDE are definate shit, it's annoying how many people I know went to see them play in Swansea recently, and only a fraction of them came to see some very good local talented bands that I put on in a gig a week or two before. </rant>
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:55 am

Cap'n Lee wrote:theres been a few times that i've seen good bands but in the wrong gig and i've walked away from the show thinking low of them because of it.

this.

also seeing bad bands in the corect gig and throughly enjoying your self (lolantiflag)
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Reel Big Moose wrote:
    Summers wrote:Some utterly ridiculous names have come up in this thread. It's the 'worst band ever' thread, not the 'popular bands you want to let people know you dislike' thread.
    Whats the point of listing bands nobody has heard of?

What does any of this have to do with people knowing/not knowing bands? It's called the worst band ever thread... Like i said, if it was the 'popular bands you want to let people know you dislike so you can get rep points' thread then you'd be onto a winner. I think contenders for the 'worst band ever' should be bands that physically struggle to write and play their own songs, not bands that play music you personally don't like.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:08 pm

my only problem with that is Iv seen very very shity bands who could hardly play but i liked because they wer fun and stuff, but when a band doesnt get any better after gigging for 2 years +, starts talking to much at gigs, telling the croud that dancing is ok etc etc, that makes me rage and not enjoy the gig, therefor worse band, although i would limit to bands iv seen live, I would hate to see the killers live. but thats because i hate the killers, that doesnt make them a bad band, just a personal preferance
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:23 pm

i think we've found summers kryptonite, this is summers version of the what are you listening to thread.

i started this off with I don't think i'm going to like this thread and so far i've had no reason to. i was kind of expecting someone to say 'band is shit' and someone in said band to bitch and moan and wars to ensue. everyone is fine summers, leave them be, they're fine for now.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 pm

i still stand by the sex pistols by my well known bands that are shit, or by summers genuinely a terrible cant play band. they lose both ways.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:18 pm

worst band ever = coldplay easily, no other band has actually made me want to kill myself to stop hearing they're sh*t quite as much

as far as smaller go there are just so many! but ska/punk-wise, my band played with a whole bunch of indie retards but there was a glimmer of hope as we saw on of the bands was listen as ska.... it was... very, very, very bad. the verses were all trebly upstroke and the guitarists was way too heavy on the strings, the choruses of course were just powerchords. cool guys tho xD
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:20 pm

I guess i should listen to my brother. It's the semantics of the thing that annoys me.

I do agree with the Sex Pistols though, terrible band, but you'd be hard pressed to argue that they weren't incredibly culturally significant.

As for Coldplay, that's it, i'm out of this thread. I really don't want to get into arguments defending bands i don't like, i just really dislike this attitude of saying bands are shit because you personally don't like them.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:27 pm

i wish i could sing as well as chris martin, and while we're on i want his wife too, cheers
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:27 pm

You must agree that Silly Thing by the Pistols is a good song. There's nothing musically wrong with it.
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:54 pm

When I saw Propgandhi in london a few years ago, there was this girl band, and they had a song about egg chips and beans, they were so bad, I mean so bad, it was hard to understand why they were on the bill.

I'd usually love anything involving eggs chips and beans, but it was horrible!
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:48 pm

coldplay arent shit, they are far far far wrose than that: mediocre. so painfully middle of the rode its more offensive than listening to something shit, so utterely bland and devoid of any emotion it makes me want to hurt people to make sure i can still actually process anger.

and yeah his wife is hot, two gorgous (if uterly ridiculously named) kids, hes in the biggest band in the world, he has no drug/abuse/alcohol abuse/gambling adiction etc, he comes from a stable upperclass home, private school educated...
    why the fuck is he so miserable??????

i ahte coldplay and i dont care that its not relevant to this thread, a rant about coldplay and chris martin is awlays justified.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Reel Big Moose wrote:private school educated...

i think we have our answer.

i'll leave some else to intentionally misquote the gorgeous kids thing
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:08 pm

im not even going to bother attempting to corect the errors in my last post there are way too many. Coldplay make me angry.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:21 pm

corecting errors makes it look less angry and angry posting is bestest posting
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:56 pm

yuo wuold sya thta you tawtmunger!!!!
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Maybe I'd be able to tolerate coldplay more, but does he really need his music played over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... etc

(The keep summers happy bit: Sure, he has more talent than me. I can live with that.)

Cap'n Lee wrote:yuo wuold sya thta you tawtmunger!!!!

I laughed.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Reel Big Moose wrote:

and yeah his wife is hot, two gorgous (if uterly ridiculously named) kids, hes in the biggest band in the world, he has no drug/abuse/alcohol abuse/gambling adiction etc, he comes from a stable upperclass home, private school educated...

yeah i was gunna mention this in my pot but thought i'd end up in a rage lol, he's like every mcr generation emo, nothing wrong bu they love to be depressed
    therur
    therur
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by therur Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:57 pm

haha i should of called this thread the "why we hate coldplay thread"
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:53 pm

dude that is more like an entire forum tbh
    brucestorm
    brucestorm
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by brucestorm Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Worst band ever- CHIXDIGGIT- Horendous pop punk on FAT.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:56 am