Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Manamana
Foxxe
Peeky
lightowler
NotRich
Summers
The Amazing Fletch
Reel Big Moose
Cap'n Lee
therur
14 posters

Worst Band Ever?

therur
    therur
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Worst Band Ever? Empty Worst Band Ever?

Post by therur Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:28 pm

since everyone has been talking about their favourite bands in other topics i thought i would make my first one something a bit different. i want other peoples opinions on what awful music sounds like

and for worst band ever my choice is brokenCYDE. i garuntee you will never find a worse sounding pile of shit
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Worst Band Ever? Empty Re: Worst Band Ever?

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:36 pm

i don't think i'm going to like this thread...

worst band i ever heard was a terrible ska band in london, they had an oboe and a member of the band was related to a blue peter presenter of ages past. I can't remember their name but they didn't play in key with each other (the bass player played the excat same walking bass line for every song).

if we're talking bigger bands, i've always hated farse, in addition to sounding bad, the both times i saw them play (a year apart) the singer told the exact same story of what happened to him 'the oter day'. some story about diarrheaing all over the place (i wouldn't mind if it was a good story).

I've always disliked nofx, but it's more just that for every good song they have, they write some horrible piece of shite to make up for it, they're the punk equivilent to karma. That and i've heard the same stories as everyone else about fat mike believing he rules punk music. (http://www.mitchclem.com/nothingnice/422/)
    therur
    therur
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by therur Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:46 pm

worst band ive ever seen live would be a band that supported the hives when i went to see them, they were called henry fiats open sore, not a great group at all, but the singer had a hole in the crotch of his pants which did made the whole experience pretty funny for the 45 mins they were on stage

and i know exactly what you mean about NOFX, some of their songs are punk classics but others i just cant stand, fat mikes voice can be irritating sometimes
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:35 am

i hate coldplay. in fact I ahte them so much I cud fill an entire discussion board with rants about how much I hate them and chris martin but I won't.

in terms of bands vaguely relevant to here:
    bouncing souls were atrocious when i saw them with greenday many years ago.
    I like the 'pound for the sound' album but find capdown at best overated.
    less than jake ahvent released anything good in about 10 years.
    I HATE THE SEX PISTOLS!
    Erm, I didnty like fandangle, I thought they were blande and derivative and a bit up there own arses when we played with them.
    i don't like the sex pistols, they are as punk as busted.
    not a fan of big d and the kids table either, again find em a bit boring and generic.

but yeah i think my worst punk/ska band ever has to be the sex pistols.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:13 am

you were singing them earlier Smile

i like the sex pistols, but i really hate anarchy for the uk, it is such a shit song
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:07 am

i do many things i shouldnt, im a masochist, i like to cause myself pain Smile
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 am

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who like Busted, and those who secretly like Busted.

I also have nothing against the Sex Pistols.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:57 am

Some utterly ridiculous names have come up in this thread. It's the 'worst band ever' thread, not the 'popular bands you want to let people know you dislike' thread.

Probably the worst 'professional' band i ever saw were an all girl trio called Same Day Service. They were from America and somehow managed to blag themselves a UK tour which included a support with Captain Everything in Manchester. They were absolutely atrocious, all attitude and no talent. Their recordings are bad but really don't do justice to my claims, they were much, much worse live. The drummer really couldn't play for shit, the bass was horribly out of time, and the harmonies were painful. http://www.myspace.com/samedayservice

I think the thing that wound me up most was how this awful, awful, underpractised and untalented band could come over to the UK and be on decent gigs when there's so, so many awesome US bands that can't afford to tour the UK.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:14 am

i hope that isn't summers defending farse?!
    no brother of mine!!!

i think the reason people are going to attack bigger bands is, other people like them.
    it would have been 10 times worse for me if anybody liked farse, but i'm much more comfortable knowing that everyone thinks the same as me, now excuse me, i have to put my fingers back in my ears and close my eyes Smile
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:23 am

I'd have to put a vote in for Millionaires.
    Atrocious all-girl tattooed pop-rock to appeal to the Fueled By Ramen/Decaydance generation. They're not even attractive!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:48 am

Worst Band Ever? 2i9sajs

their oookay i supose but would need to be significantly hotter if their shity at music
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:59 am

I have perused the myspace thoroughly for Millionaires and it strikes me that your description of them is very wrong- they are definitely not pop-rock. Theres clearly no rock involved at all-they are just like a version of the saturdays who are just sluttier.
    also not a tattoo in sight- I was very disappointed.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:04 pm

Very true. Something in my memory made me think they had tattoos.

And ok, they're not "rock" but they've been signed to Decaydance, and are presented to appeal to the alternative crowd. What is modern music coming to??!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 pm

tbh if they start throwing together groups of hot alternative girls then tart them up and throw them in sexy photo shoots im all for it, i meen i might here their song once or twice whilst in asda or something, but thats a sacrifise im willing to make
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm

If you get a group of hot alternative sluts together that's fine. Just don't attempt to get them to make shit music. Stick to them writhing around on stages or getting their baps out on the internet!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:30 pm

i do like internet bewb
    therur
    therur
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by therur Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:46 pm

the amount of males in bands completely overshadows the amount of females in bands though and its a shame to because kelly from no comply and karen O from the yeah yeah yeahs are two of my favourite singers. we need more (good) female fronted bands
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:59 pm

whats kelly doing these days? i asume still her accoustic type thing, but i havnt seen her on a bill for a year or so
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:08 pm

I saw Kelly a few months back in Norwich with Chris Murray. One of the best nights in Norwich for a long time. It was a tiny acoustic venue and there was a great feel-good atmosphere in the crowd. They were basically performing in the crowd rather than isolated on a stage. Much love that night.
    Foxxe
    Foxxe
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Foxxe Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:12 pm

The worst band I've ever seen live were supporting the Fratellis in Brixton a few years ago. They were called Figure 5 and at the time it seemed like the only talented member was the drummer, who has thalidomide poisoning.
    The Fratellis were pretty fucking bad as well that night, they just played the songs, stood in one place most the time and then buggered off.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:16 pm

i do love gigs like that (kelly one not frats) its such a shame when people go expecting no complyesk stuff and leave disapointed when its chilled out accoutsic
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:07 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who like Busted, and those who secretly like Busted.

I also have nothing against the Sex Pistols.

nah sorry, I always prefferd mcfly, busted were just lame.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Summers wrote:Some utterly ridiculous names have come up in this thread. It's the 'worst band ever' thread, not the 'popular bands you want to let people know you dislike' thread.
    Whats the point of listing bands nobody has heard of?
    And the sex pistols are popular and genuinely shit, they couldnt play, they were illiterate and looked stupid when they appeared on tv in the infamous swearing incident. And they kicked out the one with even a hint of talent and replaced him with a male model to sell viviene westwood clothes.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 pm

i think that was more them being taken advantage of than them intentionally trying to sell punk
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:41 pm

yes cos they werent interested in money at all, thats why the reunion gigs are 40 quid plus a ticket nowadays and that prat is advertising butter from his LA mansion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:09 am