Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Steff
therur
The Amazing Fletch
Peeky
iamemmao
lightowler
Cap'n Lee
11 posters

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 10 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by iamemmao Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:23 am

Amazing.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 10 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:07 pm

is this the real no2av leaflet?

https://imgur.com/a/hgmbQ

this is the dirtiest kind of misinformation
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:37 pm

Fig rolls are too yummy.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 pm

that is the worst (no2av, not fig rolls)
    The lid dem one that I got 2 elections ago was terible and made me angry but wasn't anywhere as bad as that.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:06 pm

what did it say? our candidate is not radioactive?
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:29 pm

There's hobnob cookies in the office, knowing that I will get to try these bad boys later is the only thing helping me get through the day. I need sleeeeeeeeeeeeep!!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Fuck this tuesday seriously, I want out
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:17 pm

yeah, this is one shitty tuesday
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:55 pm

fuck it bunking off early
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:32 am

Yesterday seems like it was universally shitty. Busy night at work and I'm all out of gas. That's right, my primitive house uses gas bottles to power the oven. My last bottle ran out half-way through cooking. It would never be at the end of cooking anything would it?

The shop you go to to get a new bottle opens whenever it feels like so you have to guess when to go down there.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:24 pm

just bought a chocolate cake with custard with chocolate on top from the trolley for charity

the charity was for combating poor nutrition...
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Haha, seriously? That's like giving out condoms in aid of that abstinence awareness thing.

We've got a street party tomorrow for the wedding so I'm making a curry. I've also discovered that my breadmaker does jam so that could also be an option.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:22 pm

you're already married, feltch
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:18 pm

That made me giggle.

We got some homemade rhubarb jam last night, fully well yummy! Our bread maker does jam so I think we'll have to have a go at some point as well, I'm thinking blueberry...
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I was going to make some until I realised I haven't got any jars!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:17 pm

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 10 Article-1381873-0BD3793E00000578-490_306x830

Peerrrttyyy

shampagne and chrisps
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue May 03, 2011 9:56 am

I've recently rediscovered my love for reading. I've just read Lieutenant Hornblower by C.S. Forester that I got from the library. I've found that if I have a deadline to read a book in I won't get put off and I'll read more. It's not that I don't like reading, it's just that I get distracted easily.

I've just returned that book and got another Hornblower book, Mr Midshipman Hornblower. I asked if they had the Cain Mutiny but they said they'd have to order it in. I'm looking forward to that one.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Tue May 03, 2011 11:32 am

I love reading but I just don't seem to have much time to now days, the train to work is the perfect opportunity but reading makes me sleepy so its not so much of a good idea. I really like reading before bed or on a lazy afternoon, I read sooooo much when I was a student thanks to all the free time I had. The most recent book I've got is the girl with the dragon tattoo, my mum sent it to me, still need to read it, but I'm a fan of reading a book that's been made into a film, so I can watch it after. Although I thought the time travellers wife was going to be rubbish so I didn't bother reading the book and just watched the film the other night while I was doing some sewing and it ended up being really good so I wish I'd read it now!! Reading the book after seeing the films is always a little bit difficult, I found that with Jane eyre and lord of the rings, although all of those books I love!!

In today's news I've had a terrible nights sleep, I got to work and fully walked into a wall, I think I may have fallen asleep while walking... It's gonna be a llooooooonnnng day!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue May 03, 2011 12:01 pm

hornblower books are pro as fuck, brilient bit in one of the books "grab my tackle and yank on it with all your might"

Im reading dune at the moment at about 1 page per month
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 pm

any faster can onset brain damage
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Tue May 03, 2011 12:21 pm

MY MAC MOUSE HAS A RIGHT CLICK!!!!!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue May 03, 2011 12:26 pm

My favourite quote from Lieutenant Hornblower is this:

"The ability of the British sailor to get hold of liquor and his readiness to overindulge in it were part of his physical make-up, like his ears or his eyes."

I read the Hobbit when I was younger and tried to read the Lord of the Rings. The trouble with Tolkien is that he's just so long-winded about everything.

Oh and you're right about seeing films before reading the books, Memma. I've never even seen the Hornblower TV program but I know he's played by the welsh guy who was in Fantastic Four so I can't help but picture him. Films destroy your imagination.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue May 03, 2011 12:39 pm

i'm reading:

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 10 8864550

it's really good. in my first playthrough i ended up stranded on the arm of the statue of liberty waiting for a helicopter i wasn't sure was ever going to arrive. on the second i ended up floating around the harbour, my bones shattered and in the third i ended up a member of the nyc hell's angels
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Y'all voted yet?
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu May 05, 2011 7:14 pm

I never got round to registering. Don't I feel silly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:54 pm