Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reel Big Moose
MangoSkeejykins
sarahmay
Furious D
8 posters

Random Hand Update!

Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Random Hand Update! Empty Random Hand Update!

Post by Furious D Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:03 am

Hello, my little china dolls. Are you ready for our rendezvous?

Lots of stuff going on at Hand Towers, most notably being the launch of our very first music video!
    The song is 'Anger Management' from our latest album 'Inhale/Exhale'.
    You can buy the album at our online shop or at any of our gigs, of which there are many coming up - more news on that further down this communication.
    A lot of you may have seen the video already, but even if you have - watch it now!

We're super pleased with it, thanks to everyone who came down to be in it! The single will be out on the 20th July, including various bonus tracks and stuff, so watch out for that!

Next up - we have a good many gigs coming up after a brief break, starting with our first headline tour since January - dragging along our good friends The Skints for 2 weeks of extreme deviance - check it out:

Random Hand Update! BIGCHEESEJULYFLYERUPDATED-1

We also have a show on the 16th July at the Norwich Arts Centre with those wonderful Mancunioids you know as Sonic Boom Six, which should be an awesome night!

Please take note all you southerners - the Exeter gig is currently being rebooked due to the Hub closing down (There goes another one! One of our favourite venues gone ), all being well we'll have a new venue in time for the gig. Keep your peepers peeled for more info about that as and when we have it!
    And for all you lovely Londoners - as well as being entirely unmissable, the Underworld show on the 4th is early doors at 4pm - get down early as the lineup is stonking! Opening up are our friends from Keighley, Sounds of Swami, who will rock your face off. Also playing are Myth of Unity, Beat The Red Light, Domi (Norway) and of course our sexual touring lovers The Skints. Bo! Do not miss!

We're also featured in the July issue of Big Cheese magazine, so pick up a copy from your local media outlet and join in the punk rock readership. You might even get to see a picture of Matt.

Finally, we received some pretty awesome news today, which we'll reveal once it's all confirmed - peepers peeled once again folks!

Anyway, anyway. Do check out the video, pass the word about gigs and please come out and support the bands - it's really appreciated! It's not a date...but it doesn't mean we can't have fun.

See you in July!

Joe x
    sarahmay
    sarahmay
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Random Hand Update! Empty Re: Random Hand Update!

Post by sarahmay Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:27 am

got the album, good stuff!
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:52 am

hey man, not sure if you'll remember me from your last leicester sumo gig with sb6, i was the guy trying to get everyone to mosh and cheekily asked for a trombone solo hehe

anyways my band might be playing with you on the sumo date you have coming up, really hope we can, i've heard the splitters are doing that night as well so we'd get to play with 3 great bands Very Happy
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:57 am

Yeah man I remember, you were one of the only ones dancing at first! There was you and another guy and a girl?

Not played with Splitters in time, would be good to see them. Spread the word and get everyone down for that, should be fun!
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:25 am

I wont be playing with you at the york date for the first time in an age lol. Fibbers treat local bands like shit so we have given up on it, We actually lose money playing local gigs despite being able to at least break even anywhere else in the uk :s
    Tilston
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Tilston Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:51 pm

bands will always be taken for granted locally, its the way of the land. thats why its better to organise your own local shows
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:24 pm

I touched on this in anotehr thread, nowadays there are only 3 venues in york worth mentioning duchess is 600 capacity so way above our heads, and fibbers and jnction bothj run by same company. who want much money to hire venue, one of us is semi-unemployed, one at college, one ahs just had a baby. money is something we dont have currently Sad
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:04 pm

make Leeds your second home. theres plenty of venues round here that hire for cheap and always loadsa promoters/venues that are looking for supports.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:51 am

yeah leeds is good, we've played carpe diem already and the polish club in bradford , like i say getting gigs round the country is easy its just york at the moment is shit.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:00 pm

i told you york was a shithole
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:46 pm

lol its not a shithole, its a beuatiful city, just shit for gigs, spescially punk ones (or ska, metal industrial or anything else that isnt indie, and it aint that good for them)
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:51 pm

its also shite for parking in the city center, but good for pubs so i guess everything balances out

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:04 pm