Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
TrusLuchus
Furious D
Andy DTA
ScottMoon
Jess
lightowler
The Amazing Fletch
Reel Big Moose
Parg
Summers
barneyboom
15 posters

SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!!

barneyboom
    barneyboom
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!! Empty SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!!

Post by barneyboom Wed May 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Hello Chummers

Well, there is one main item of news today and that one main item of news is the item of news that says ‘the CDs are here! The CDs are here!’ That’s right, this morning we’re piling into a living room and signing the poster booklets of hundreds of digipak CDs that contain our magnum opus City of Thieves on compact disc digital audio. For those of you who have missed the craziness, the original CD production company went into liquidation three days before the release of our record and then neglected to let us know this fact for a good few weeks. A lovely company called NoonMedia stepped in to turn the CDs around in record time and that’s why we have them in our hands now, late but beautiful, like a well-baked cake. So, it seems they’ll be on their way to everyone ordered right about now. The new shop and iTunes release date for the album is the 1st June (although some good stores may have them in before that) so please pop into your local music store on this day and buy a copy. We’ll be rescheduling the acoustic instores to come right after this current UK tour so look out for that...

Here’s some snippits of the super reviews that the record has been getting. I do hope they may be enough to get any doubters out there to go into their local record store and say to the good storekeep "Sir, I would like a copy of the new Sonic Boom Six record City of Thieves and I want it now".

‘This isn’t good, it’s well beyond that and deep into the realms of something special’ - 9/10 Rock Sound
    ‘This is witty, vital and utterly infectious fare.’ - KKKK Kerrang!
    ‘City of Thieves’ is a paranoid mash-up of modern life set to a soundtrack that feels inexorably, thrillingly now.’ - 8/10 NME
    ‘It’s smart, joyous music that has plenty to say and does so eloquently.’ - Big Cheese!
    ‘As Sonic Boom Six evolves from its early roots it’s safe to say things are just getting better and better. Absolutely storming!’ – Punktastic.com

OK, as for the current UK tour, everything’s been going superbly and Random Hand have been slamming it every night. Special thanks to all the local supports we’ve had, shoutouts to Gecko, Myth of Unity, NY-Lon, Magic Skool Bus, A War Against Sound, Overthrow, Harijan, Stand Out Riot, The Hijacks, Bombskare (for Ben) and the Hostiles for kicking arse beyond the call of duty. And if I’ve forgotten anyone, I’m sorry. And thank you all.

On the subject of the tour there are a couple of points worth underlining. Despite any shenanigans this way and that, the Liverpool gig on the 26th May is going ahead. Don’t believe the rumours. And we’ve got the awesome Stopouts and the City Rats on there so it’s going to be a good’un. Get your tickets...

http://www.barflyclub.com/liverpool/whatson/event/23052.aspx#Sonic+Boom+Six+%2b+Random+Hand+%2b+The+Stopouts+%2b+City+Rats

The Asylum in Birmingham has had a licensing problem which means the show has had to be moved. The Wagon & Horse is now the venue to be at. Apparently it’s a little music-lover’s pub so we’re all gonna squeeze in and have a rate old time. Gonna be a sweaty one! That’s the Wagon & Horse, Birmingham on the 27th of May, put it in your diary.

And finally, last but not least, we openly implore all our fans a favour. A big, big favour. On May 31st we are playing London Underworld. What with all the recent problems with the CD release, things have become a bit problematic in the world of the Boom. If we could have a send-off party for the tour where kids made it their duty to come and rock out then we would simultaneously be celebrating the release of the City of Thieves album and the fact that the whole ordeal hasn’t left us rolling around on the floor with grey hair and foaming mouths. We have, in addition to Random Hand, the awesome Hellcat Records band Left Alone as well as our London reggae-punk buddies the Skints to bolster an already terrific bill. This is going to be a massively important gig for us, a celebration of this record making it into the big wide world and a chance to get together and have a massive party. It’s a Sunday, so please check your local Megabus service or what have you, make a day out of it. Come down to London and lets rock the place to the floor. It’s pretty much your duty.

Tickets are here...

http://www.seetickets.com/see/event.asp?filler1=entstest&showcode=394236

Enjoy the album! Let us know what you think!! Take it easy!!!

Barney x

p.s. Remember, you can keep up to date with our general shenanigans on our blog over at http://www.sonicboomsix.blogspot.com

p.s.s. Here is a picture of Laila with the digipak, now. Proof if proof be need be!!!

SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!! SmelltheGlove
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!! Empty Re: SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!!

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 5:26 pm

I might edit Chummers to say Summers. I know that really this message was for me.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!! Empty Re: SB6 City of Thieves has finally arrived! Launch party news!!

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 5:29 pm

Also, moved to news. This is important and exciting and people should support it, innit.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Yay! If it arrives this week I'll be well happy! I'll have received at least 3 bits of post!
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 pm

I finally managed to sit down long enough to listen to the copy I got at mutiny as we speak, it is something special, and i think seeing it live a couple of times actually ahs meant it makes more sense than it may have done. fricking awesome.
    cheers for the beers and company at mutiny, hope neil got his laptop fixed.
    dave (comply or die)
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 20, 2009 8:22 pm

That's a nice oven behind Laila.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 8:45 pm

i bet with an extractor fan that size you can cook 3 or 4 steaks at once with out smoking out the room!
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 20, 2009 8:47 pm

We have one about that size but it sucks. Tried cooking bacon and the whole room was filled with smoke (quite a big room too).
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 20, 2009 9:23 pm

How on earth can anyone reach that switch above the oven without using a stool?
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 9:59 pm

its probably just a Laila sized kitche, that swich would be about eye levl for you
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Wed May 20, 2009 10:03 pm

I need one of these mini kitchens! I have get my younger (and humongously taller) brother to flip the fan on for me every time I try and cook anything. If he's at work I simply have to starve.... or microwave things.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 10:04 pm

we should do a skamutiny wip round and buy you a stick
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Wed May 20, 2009 10:06 pm

I'd like some stilts please Very Happy Would they cost too much?
    I could get really good and perform in the circus to pay you all back someday
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 20, 2009 10:26 pm

Beggars can't be choosers, and you'll get a stick and like it.
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Wed May 20, 2009 11:06 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:That's a nice oven behind Laila.

thats a nice leila infront of the oven:D

Hopefully see sb6 live again one day and grab a copy.
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Wed May 20, 2009 11:38 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:Beggars can't be choosers, and you'll get a stick and like it.

Awww... my dreams of circus performance have been dashed!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 21, 2009 12:22 am

you could always spin plates ON THE STICK!!!
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Thu May 21, 2009 12:28 am

Fuck yeah! I never thought of that.

Spin plates, on the stick, ON A TIGHTROPE!!
    Andy DTA
    Andy DTA
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Andy DTA Thu May 21, 2009 12:30 am

for your general information, its called a 'range cooker'. and yes, it is rather good.

Oh, and the album. Lol. Had it on in my car for the past week and a half so I can attempt to learn the words for the two times i see the Boom this coming week. As with most albums I listen to, on first playing I wasn't too sure about it but after a few plays I'm totally hooked on it. Yeeeeeeeeeeeah.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 am

Definitely growing on me on repeat listens. I like the rap tracks a lot more than i have done on the previous albums, they're probably my highlight! Floating Away is reaaaallly good also.

You should send Jericho to the WWE, it could well be his new theme.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 4:36 pm

Strange Transformations is a massive tune Smile
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't like Strange Transformations that much?
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 5:24 pm

I really like it. So, yes.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 5:51 pm

Finishing the whole of a doner kebab
    TrusLuchus
    TrusLuchus
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by TrusLuchus Thu May 21, 2009 6:58 pm

Parg wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't like Strange Transformations that much?
    Yes.

I can't wait to get my hands on my digipak!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:34 pm