Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
The Amazing Fletch
Cap'n Lee
scottus86
Uncle J
ScottMoon
Furious D
lightowler
Summers
12 posters

BNP - WAH WAH WAAAAH

Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

BNP - WAH WAH WAAAAH Empty BNP - WAH WAH WAAAAH

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 1:27 am

First there was this...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/04/polish_spitfire/

And now this...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/05/16/bnp-poster-campaign-for-british-workers-uses-american-actors-115875-21365018/

And an interesting article by Charlie Brooker about it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/may/18/charlie-brooker-bnp-racism

Anyone else had the flyers through their door? We got one last week, as well as a ukip one. It got desecrated the other night.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

BNP - WAH WAH WAAAAH Empty Re: BNP - WAH WAH WAAAAH

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 1:30 am

i stole a large sign of tehirs once and made it into a birthday card... but yeah out in the sticks all the people that wer running for the bnp last election are now running for the lib dems, so um yeah no bnp leaflets for bob
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Wed May 20, 2009 3:19 am

Yeah I just found ours. Got a UKIP one at the same time I think, hmmmmm...

Nobs.
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Wed May 20, 2009 4:17 am

i dont know much about the ukip but arent they the ones that just dont want to go to the euro etc and not facists?

I've been on a few anti bnp marches and explained to people to mail their leaflets back using the freepost envelopes they send you as it hits their pockets hard when large groups do it. Don't let the bnp spread their racial hate:D
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Wed May 20, 2009 4:35 am

It's all Nationalism.

Very Happy
    Uncle J
    Uncle J
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Uncle J Wed May 20, 2009 5:39 am

ScottMoon wrote:i dont know much about the ukip but arent they the ones that just dont want to go to the euro etc and not facists?

I've been on a few anti bnp marches and explained to people to mail their leaflets back using the freepost envelopes they send you as it hits their pockets hard when large groups do it. Don't let the bnp spread their racial hate:D

Technically you can look at UKIP as BNP lite, all that great bias feel but with less guilt.

The main arguement they're proposing is that we give too much money to europe. Instantly forgetting the fact that Europe has kept the majority of UK farmers afloat by giving them subsiduaries for crops produced.

Now if UKIP argued about how the extra crops we distributed then they'd have a good voting policy, since the food reserve could be given to poorer (less fertile) nations and the globe would be a nicer place to live in.

But no, UKIP promotes, in a softer way, that all foreigners are evil, and bizarrely, wanna bankrupt the UK whilst they're at it.

There's a reason Robert Kilroy-Silk was was a UKIP member. it's because they're no good to right thinking people.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 10:32 am

not to put a spanner in the works, but the eu subsiduarys to farmers are fooking stupid and are keeping small inefitiant farmers afloat (the ones with like 1 field and 2 cows can still claim like 7grad a year just beacuse their not growing corn) and the medium-large size farms are doing bloody well these days. turns out with a growing population and decreasing farmable areas the price of food is rising

but yeah my wory with the eniter block of nationalst political partys is they have some quite good polices so a voter who doesnt actualy relise what a rasist bunch they are could quite easaly end up voteing for them.

and with the shiping crops to poor countrys, we dont produce enough food to feed our population let alown some one elses, and when you factoring shipping/preservation costs its almost always cheeper to give poor countrys money
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Wed May 20, 2009 1:09 pm

It's all hidden behind some mediocre policies that appeal to the reactionary side of your average Joe. You know, 'British jobs for British workers' etc. All well and good in principle, but then how does one enforce such a thing? That bit isn't really mentioned and that's where part of the problem lies.

Also the general abhorrence of the majority of the members who make themselves known in the public eye. Obviously they had trouble getting British people involved and that's why they had to use stock photos...
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Wed May 20, 2009 1:12 pm

the whole british jobs for british workers annoys the piss out of me, correct me if im wrong but if youre not british dont you need a work permit to work here thats essentially charging foreigners to do stuff for us??

and I havent read any of their propaganda for a while but the policy that sticks in my mind as reasonable was one addressing the amount of cash it costs the uk Parliament to make decisions because they have to do official type stuff via the Scottish Parliament, i dont mind us asking their opinion but dont really want to pay for it
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Wed May 20, 2009 3:57 pm

lightowler wrote:the whole british jobs for british workers annoys the piss out of me, correct me if im wrong but if youre not british dont you need a work permit to work here thats essentially charging foreigners to do stuff for us??

and I havent read any of their propaganda for a while but the policy that sticks in my mind as reasonable was one addressing the amount of cash it costs the uk Parliament to make decisions because they have to do official type stuff via the Scottish Parliament, i dont mind us asking their opinion but dont really want to pay for it

I think their argument is, the new eastern european countries in the EU now!(who wouldn't need visa's) Still its a shit policy, because the people that usually complain about eastern europeans(stealing their jobs) are most often the ones that would get a job for a week/month, then keep pulling sickys because they "can't bebothered", and aren't all that willing to work for minimum wage. That is a bit of a generalisation, but it's usually how I see it. So why shouldn't an employer employ the person who A)Is most likely to work harder, and B) for a less a wage. If i was an employer, i wouldn't pick someone just cos they were british, i'd pick which ever was going to get the job done, what ever the nationality! stupid bnp!
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed May 20, 2009 3:59 pm

quite right, but i don't think the generalisation is fair.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed May 20, 2009 4:04 pm

What winds me up is the people who say, "Send 'em back!" and then dream of emmigrating to Spain or wherever. Is it me or is that kind of the same thing?
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed May 20, 2009 5:14 pm

that's cos it's emmigrating rather than immigrating Smile
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed May 20, 2009 5:25 pm

EVEN WHEN IT WAS THE BEARS I KNEW IT WAS THE IMMIGANTS
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 20, 2009 5:40 pm

We got a ukip leaflet a week ago or so. No BNP one though.

Wish I could vote in the European election Crying or Very sad
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 20, 2009 5:44 pm

Some funny shit for sure, but then again the bnp so often is lol. Trouble is its easy to laugh so ahrd you forget how dangerous they can be, especially when times are as bad as they are now for a lot of working class people. Its really really easy to hide behind patriotism and blame immigrant workers for everything going wrong but elts face it we've been begging african and asian drs to come her for the last 20 years as we cant train enough of our own, and how much of the the immigrant population is remmanants of our glorious empire? Not to mention as someone pointed out the volume of british retirees that move to spain, france, the med, australia etc.

And tbh if you go back far enough how many english people really are direct pure descendants of the tribes taht were indigenous to the island pre-roman era? land is land, the notion taht one person has more right to live and work somewhere than someone else cos of where they were born is ridiculous. why not take it to the natural end and ban people from one city working in another?
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 20, 2009 6:07 pm

^ That. Except the bit about working in one city or another. I'm not down with that.

Unfortunately about half my friends seem to have a massive hard on for the BNP and all of that shit. Only have to talk to them for a couple of weeks though cos they're going to college and I'm staying for 6th form.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed May 20, 2009 6:26 pm

I would argue that the BNP are providing a very useful service for society. As long as the BNP are there, there are a majority of people who do not accept what they say and realise that it is not the right way of doing things.

I would be more bothered by not having a BNP around, if you don't remember history, you're doomed to repeat it and all that, consider them a little reminder of nazi germany.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed May 20, 2009 6:40 pm

I guess you're right, but near me in Corsham a BNP councilor got elected a couple of years ago.

Edit: But he lost a re-election type thing the next year Smile
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Wed May 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Back on the whole "british jobs for british people". I think that's the wrong attitude. it should be "Whoever does the job well and doesn't bitch and try to sue when they break a fingernail gets the job".
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed May 20, 2009 6:54 pm

positive stereotypes are still bad stereotypes, and that is the 2nd time that somebody has stated that the immigrant is better for the job. Actually, scratch the positive stereotype thing, this is turning into a negative stereotype of the working class.

assuming english people on minimum wage to be lazy and sue-happy is as fucking bad as assuming that the polish are here to steal healthcare and benefits.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 20, 2009 7:09 pm

its not the working calss in general it tends to be the veery same ignorant pricks that vote bnp and moan about british jobs for british people. cos they sit around all day with nothing better to do. the vast majority of british working class are sound. hell my mum packed chocolates for nestle and shes fucking mint lol.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed May 20, 2009 7:15 pm

first one to call Dave's mum a baby killer gets the coveted 'Gullible hippy trash' award
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed May 20, 2009 7:17 pm

techincally it was rowntrees when she started, she could ahve left when nestle took over, but then i wouldnt ahve been able to grow into the decadant capitalist slob that i am!
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Wed May 20, 2009 7:46 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:positive stereotypes are still bad stereotypes, and that is the 2nd time that somebody has stated that the immigrant is better for the job. Actually, scratch the positive stereotype thing, this is turning into a negative stereotype of the working class.

assuming english people on minimum wage to be lazy and sue-happy is as fucking bad as assuming that the polish are here to steal healthcare and benefits.

Actually you assumed EVERYTHING. i said the best person gets the job. You implied that i was talking about english people being sue-happy which i never said and you assumed i was talking about immigrants being better for the job. so yeah in your own words.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 pm