Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Cap'n Lee
The Amazing Fletch
6 posters

Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich Empty Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:57 pm

I couldn't remember the format we decided to use for topic titles about gigs so feel free to change it somebody.

I've actually started to pull my finger out for this and have made massive progress in one day. York ska-punkers Comply or Die are playing in Norwich on Friday the 9th October alongside 'band of the week' from a few weeks ago, Beat the Red Light.

Also playing that night are Tomato Leaf - Lowestoft based ska foursome who's members are some of the coolest Lowestoft people I've ever met.

I also have a one man acoustic punk explosion called Gunslinging Outlaws opening the show. I first saw him when he was Garth Attacks and could really relate to his songs. I'm looking forward to hearing what new delights he has in store. His myspace says that he's based in Norwich and Manchester so if you're around there see if you can check him out.

This will probably be my last gig for at least a few years because of other commitments. Let's make it a good one. Doors will be around 8pm and entry won't be expensive.

Myspace pages:

www.myspace.com/jumpjetpromotions
    - My myspace page which is never updated and used only for messaging. Send me a message!

www.myspace.com/complyordiemusic
    - Comply or Die

www.myspace.com/beattheredlight
    - Beat the Red Light

www.myspace.com/tomatoleaf
    - Tomato Leaf

www.myspace.com/gunslingingoutlaws
    - James Hull (Gunslinging Outlaws)

Peace

Last edited by The Amazing Fletch on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich Empty Re: Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich

Post by Cap'n Lee Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 pm

all of those myspaces are for your myspace, feltch

thats not how it's supposed to work
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich Empty Re: Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Oops. I was lazy and just copy/pasted it and then edited the last bits. I had a feeling this would happen.

Fixed.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:56 pm

CAnt wait for this, well want to see beat the red light!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 am

Are any of you cool CoD types making a flyer for your tour? It would be helpful if you were.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 am

I made tour avatars

Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich Codr
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 am

The Amazing Fletch wrote:Are any of you cool CoD types making a flyer for your tour? It would be helpful if you were.

Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich Tourposter

did make this for smell to give out, it's out of date now, i'll update it if you're interested
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:39 pm

I might take that and just put the Norwich details in the white box.

I saw this as a flyer on the floor of the smoking area at Rebellion.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:18 pm

check your inbox biznatch x2
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:40 pm

food processors are great
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Thanks Lee. I'll get some sorted and distributed soon.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:53 pm

Here's the poster that I bastardized. Tell me if you think it needs improving, I'm no artist.

Comply or Die/Beat the Red Light and MORE - Friday 9th October @ B2, Norwich Tourposter-notsofuckinghuge

It was a lot bigger on my PC. I don't know what's happened there.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:20 pm

I think it needs the tour of dongs logo on it.

Also, what resolution do you usually have for flyers / posters / whatever?
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:22 pm

bob did outdo himself there it must be said
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:35 am

thats very good feltch, good copy/pasta job
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:42 pm

It took me ages to get it right. I'm getting better at this kind of thing but I don't think I'll ever be able to do it from scratch. I'm printing off loads of posters at work today so let me know if you want any.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:45 pm

you know you could have asked and i'd have changed what it said, save you the job

i think we'll be good for norwich specific ones, i sent on the generic poster to smell and dave to send to other promoters already
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 pm

id quite like one, for posterity Smile
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:18 am

you've got a big enough posterity already
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:35 pm

boom and indeed boom
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:49 pm

Beat the Red Light have cancelled due to their drummer being away. While this is shit news, there is nothing that can be done about it. We are now short of a band so if your band is interested in a trip to Norwich, please let me know.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:40 am

taht is fully gutting. I was propper looking forward to seeing them! lameness!
    erm you could try acid drop Myspace clicky good freinds of ours (our singer was in a band with their guitarist) ex dead pets bassist and trumpeteer, awesome live band, played rebellion and download.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 am

I might have it sorted. One of my favourite local bands may be playing now. When everything is confirmed I'll get in touch about kit requirements, etc.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:41 am

Reel Big Moose wrote:taht is fully gutting. I was propper looking forward to seeing them! lameness!
    erm you could try acid drop Myspace clicky good freinds of ours (our singer was in a band with their guitarist) ex dead pets bassist and trumpeteer, awesome live band, played rebellion and download.

or how about busted, they're like acid drop but more punx
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:39 pm

just cos u dont like em cos ur brother spat his dummy out over a guitar or something. they are a great band, and awesome live. plus they played rebellion so they must be punx!

local band should be good as more likely to get people through the doors n taht

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:26 pm