Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Andy DTA
NotRich
Peeky
MidlandsDan
The Amazing Fletch
Cap'n Lee
lightowler
11 posters

Bnp with egg on their face

Quigzy
    FORUM DOUCHEBAG
    FORUM DOUCHEBAG

Bnp with egg on their face - Page 2 Empty Re: Bnp with egg on their face

Post by Quigzy Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:03 am

An awful lot of people voted for the BNP purely based on immigration issues. In a time where politicians mainly chase votes, the best voice people had to express their concern was to vote for the BNP. I'd wager a completely uneducated guess that a decent chunk, maybe well over half, of the people that voted for them wouldnt actually want to see them in power.

By far the best way to deal with the BNP is to actually get into a debate with them about immigration, british rights and all that other stuff. If people see that the other parties are actually dealing with the issues that made people vote for the BNP (in all the blanket media coverage there has been since they got 2 MEPs, I have never once seen anyone suggest mass immigration a factor in their success) the one reason to vote for them would be taken away. I would imagine most people would be seriously put off them due to most of their policies (check their website, some of them are ridiculous)

The rise of the party is a symptom of a problem, not the problem itself, and all the time people think that a million people were "duped" into voting because a video made them feel guilty, or that they feel we went to war in the 40's to keep black people out (who on earth thinks that) they will keep on growing I'm afraid.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:08 am

he did refer to us as having uncontrolled immigration in this country. Now as someone who worked for the home office (though not in their direct employment) I can tell you I took the immigrant test and was not qualified to live in the UK.

My point about a war to keep out foreigners is again, from a lie that the bnp preach; that the 2nd world war was fought for the BNP's ideals.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:54 pm

one of my mate's mates got elbowed in the neck by one of the security, you can see it on some of the videos and she's taing them to court for damages cus she had to go to hospital
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:56 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:wrong. just wrong.

So what would you suggest? Take the beatings and just whisper an argument against them when noone's listening?

I thought you were all about free speech on either side...but you won't defend your right to do so?

So many left wing / equality related movements, marches, etc. would have been shut down long ago if it wasn't for people prepared to fight to protect them.
    Quigzy
    FORUM DOUCHEBAG
    FORUM DOUCHEBAG

Post by Quigzy Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:21 am

So what would you suggest? Take the beatings and just whisper an argument against them when noone's listening?

If there really are roaming gangs of BNP thugs roaming the streets in your area clumping anyone who disagrees with them then this would be a matter for the police, and certainly for the press. It would be a huge story and there hasnt been so much as a squeak about it in the media. I'm sure we would all love to hear your stories about these beatings you've been getting.

I thought you were all about free speech on either side...but you won't defend your right to do so?

Defend from who?! I must have missed the infidels who are lying in wait just waiting for you to stop "fighting" so they can take away peoples ability to protest about wars, fox hunting, global warming, top-up fees and file-sharing.

So many left wing / equality related movements, marches, etc. would have been shut down long ago if it wasn't for people prepared to fight to protect them.

That's not true at all. There hasn't been a single threat to the right to protest in this country since Cromwell introduced power to parliment. Not too sure what all this fighting you've been doing is, unless you count bricking the window of the RBS building in Bishopsgate, or harrassing banking clerks on their way to work.
    The left-wing's constant need to find something to fight against does them no favours. In fact, if it wasn't for the anti BNP movement over the years there is a very good chance that most people would never even heard of them these days.

The BNP have 2 seats in the EP. Thats 2, out of 785. They are a tiny party what virtually no political power whatsoever. They have, however, been propelled onto the world stage in a big way due to this "we must fight" attitude that you and many others have. An attitude which is at best shortsighted, and at worst very harmful and absolutely fucking stupid.
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:42 am

Its a rather angry world we live in, purely because people don't like other peoples opinions, and alot of people mistake their opinions for facts and beliefs, so they then get angry because someone questions these beliefs, opinions and "facts"... not sure where i'm going with this, i should go to sleep, my late night posts are so pointless.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:47 am

i think some leaps of faith have been taken, that is the problem.

I agree with Quigzy though, nobody has tried to take away my (limited) rights to free speech, should they do, I would fight in a way that I could consider morally justifiable. This does not include roaming around in gangs or attacking people for their beliefs. That is nothing more than a thug mentality and no amount of 'well in theory, they're doing it to us' makes that okay.

Oh, and Quigzy, as for examples of attacks on people from right wingers, www.redwatch.co.uk

ooh, never mind, it's down.
    Quigzy
    FORUM DOUCHEBAG
    FORUM DOUCHEBAG

Post by Quigzy Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:58 pm

Im aware of violence caused by people of the right-wing persuasion (there was a massive ruck in Bexleyheath on st Georges day, loads of police got hurt) but it's seldom in the name of any political agenda, and nver in the name of the BNP
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 pm

very true, since the bbc fucked them over they've been very careful not to get caught up in legal battles again. does remind me of another example of their intentional lies though.

he was caught up saying that it's a crime to 'speak the truth about islam' but then once the documentary was shown defended himself by saying 'i've done nothing illegal, it's not a crime to criticize islam'
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:24 pm

"I'm sure we would all love to hear your stories about these beatings you've been getting."

No need for me to tell you stories...experience it for yourself. Go up to some BNP lads and have a political discussion with them. Turn up to a BNP rally (biggest example obviously the RWB but I mean more a stall in a city centre affair) and hand leaflets to potential voters.

The reason that right wingers are not roaming the streets clumping people is not because the coppers stopped them doing so...its because of grass roots opposition in their heyday.

"There hasn't been a single threat to the right to protest in this country since Cromwell introduced power to parliment."

A good place to find a shitload of historical examples of what I'm referring to is the book 'No Retreat' by Dave Hann and Steve Tilzey from Manchester. I think where we differ is, you trust the state to protect the right to organise etc...perhaps you have not met many coppers confused

"harrassing banking clerks on their way to work"

Hahahaha, believe it or not my brother works in 'The City'. I imagine if any of those G20 mouthy hippies gave him any cheek he'd give them a slap and move on.

"In fact, if it wasn't for the anti BNP movement over the years there is a very good chance that most people would never even heard of them these days."

Any evidence of this?
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:25 pm

One thing I would like to add is that the BNP ARE certainly a weak, ineffectual shadow of what the far right in this country once was and could have been, there's no doubting that...but we should think about why that is.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:37 pm

MidlandsDan wrote:"In fact, if it wasn't for the anti BNP movement over the years there is a very good chance that most people would never even heard of them these days."

Any evidence of this?

there is no such thing as bad publicity

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:20 pm