Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Steff
therur
The Amazing Fletch
Peeky
iamemmao
lightowler
Cap'n Lee
11 posters

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 16 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by iamemmao Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:19 pm

Yeah, that would be way better! Anyone like to convert the currency's for me? It is a really interesting way to look at it.I don't think I'm the best with money but I'm not in any debt at all. I go into my overdraft quite a bit I guess, but I've started giving myself an allowance every week to try and get out of that habit and keep track of my spending...
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 16 Empty Re: the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm currently living on one side of the island and working on the other. This means that I'm commuting to work so when I'm on nights it's not possible for me to go home. I'm sleeping at work and putting my bed away every time. Like a vagrant. 48 hours is a long time to spend at work. Especially this place.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:56 pm

the how are you feeling/what are you doing thread - Page 16 Q33Gj

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:21 pm

I'm thinking of applying for a job in Leeds.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Do it!! That would be awesome. I've been trying to convince friends to move to Leeds so I have some here but it's been pretty unsuccessful so far Sad

Was this the place you were talking about last time you were over?
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Yeah its the careers office. I would basically sell the air force to people in order to get them to join. There's a slot in February but I doubt I'll get that one but I think there's one in June too. These jobs are open to everyone not just specific trades and leeds is a popular place so I'd be lucky to get it.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:10 pm

I've just found out that my double is a rap person.

He looks a lot like me. An awful lot.

(Spoiler because it's a poor quality picture)
    Spoiler:
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:45 pm

if you'd have told me that you were on radio 1 i would have believed you
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 am

Last Friday my wife gave birth to my firstborn daughter Hayley. We went into the hospital about 24 hours before-hand so she took quite a long time to come out. She's recovered already though so let the sleepless nights begin.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:43 pm

here's a fun dilemma me and a couple of others argued over yesterday:

take your favourite snake-oil, whether it be homoeopathic medicine, faith-healing, that one where they put rocks on you like andy kaufman had, etc.
    Whom is worse, the hustler (doesn't believe in it himself but sells it's benefits for personal gain) or the fool (believes in the practice and firmly believes that it will help people)?
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:06 pm

It depends on whether the fool can be proved wrong and will accept that proof. If they do, then the hustler is worse. If they don't then I think they're both as bad as each other (also known as the "Fletch can't form an opinion" option.)
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:24 pm

allow me to help you out then.
    the two arguments centred around:

"the hustler is worse because he is cynically exploiting others, he is aware that it won't work beyond a placebo effect."

"the fool is worse because he truly believes what he is selling. A hustler wouldn't benefit from telling someone not to use chemotherapy, a fool would believe that his medicines work better."
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:33 pm

That really is a dilemma. A wise man once said, "Who's more foolish - the fool or the fool who follows him?" Hmm, I guess that could be applied to both. In terms of character the Hustler would be considered evil whereas the Fool would just be considered ignorant. In terms of damage to other people the Fool would be worse because at least in this case the Hustler isn't denying proven medicine.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 am

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:24 pm

Those ska kids. Always up to something crazy.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:09 am

This week I've mostly been outside telling people what to do. It's cold outside. I could see my breath and everything.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 pm

my heart bleeds...

when are you going to know whether you're around in may?
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:38 am

My breath is bigger then everyone's when it's cold. I'm too god damn hot for my own good.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:15 pm

I'll try to find out next week but I'll definitely know when I get back to Cyprus at the end of the month.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:42 pm

Awesomes Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am