Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
The Amazing Fletch
Josh
6 posters

BEAT THE RED LIGHT/ANTI VIGILANTE/THE JUNKIN MILTON KEYNES

Josh
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

BEAT THE RED LIGHT/ANTI VIGILANTE/THE JUNKIN MILTON KEYNES Empty BEAT THE RED LIGHT/ANTI VIGILANTE/THE JUNKIN MILTON KEYNES

Post by Josh Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:56 pm

Beat The Red Light (Ska/Metal/hardcore from High Wycombe)

Anti Vigilante (Skacore from Milton Keynes)

The Junk (Ska/Punk/Dub from Brighton)

Chaos Calling (Prog/Rap Metal from Luton)

19th September

Caroline Haslett School
    Faraday Drive
    Shenley Lodge
    Milton Keynes
    MK5 7DF

£3 Doors 7:30 All Ages BYOB
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

BEAT THE RED LIGHT/ANTI VIGILANTE/THE JUNKIN MILTON KEYNES Empty Re: BEAT THE RED LIGHT/ANTI VIGILANTE/THE JUNKIN MILTON KEYNES

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:59 pm

I love anti-vigilante. One of the best bands to come out of MK.
    Josh
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

BEAT THE RED LIGHT/ANTI VIGILANTE/THE JUNKIN MILTON KEYNES Empty Re: BEAT THE RED LIGHT/ANTI VIGILANTE/THE JUNKIN MILTON KEYNES

Post by Josh Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:04 pm

Thankyou Smile We're hoping a few people might travel to this one seeing as the skacore scene in MK is pretty much non-existent. Should be a good night.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Again, another gig I really wanna see that's too far away Sad
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:26 pm

So which band are you from then?
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:42 pm

im guessing anti-vigilante as they are the only mk band in the gig which is in mk. also he seemed ratehr pleased when someone said nice things about anit-vigilante. Elementary my dear fletch Smile
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:46 pm

I was just checking. Wink

You played at my Valentine's Day gig earlier this year where nobody turned up. Sorry about that. Don't worry, Dave. I'm sure the one in October will be fine.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:35 pm

im sure it will not be the worst gig we've played whatever happens
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:51 pm

I don't know Dave, my February gig was pretty dire. It was such a shame because all of the bands were really talented and nobody wanted to see them. It's my own fault really for going out on a limb and putting a gig on on Valentine's Day. We literally had two people in. How bad was the other gig you're referring to?
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:55 pm

erm we played one in birmingham last year on our firt uk tour, where the promoter put us (ahving been together less than 6 months and played maybe 2 gigs outside york at the time) as headlining alongside the american band we were touring with the pogo (again totally unknown touring more for the experience and to spend some time in the uk pre rebellion) with one local support, who it turned out she had thought were local as theyd palyed a few gigs locally but actually were from over 40miles away. There was one poster in the venue and no flyers, the poster failed to even mention the genre of music of the bands nevermind any other info.

the only people there were the 3 bands, plus the partners of the not so local band, and two mates of mine from brum.

even if it does fall flat a)more abnds so more people watching, b) you've already put far more effort into promoting it thatn they did.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:41 am

It was one of my very first ones but I did try really hard. I gave out flyers everywhere and promoted it as much as I could. I'm still putting it down to the fact that it was Valentine's Day. I didn't have any local bands either but none of them could make it and I'd already booked the place and promised gigs.

Meh
    Josh
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Josh Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:25 am

Yea i remember that gig, i thought it was a pretty good night, there weren't many paying customers but it's always fun playing with near the knuckle. It would be cool to come back to Norwich again sometime if you'll have us.
    Josh
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Josh Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 pm

REMINDER: This gig is taking place this saturday. Please, please come. Thankyou.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:04 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:It was one of my very first ones but I did try really hard. I gave out flyers everywhere and promoted it as much as I could. I'm still putting it down to the fact that it was Valentine's Day. I didn't have any local bands either but none of them could make it and I'd already booked the place and promised gigs.

Meh

We can trump that.

We've previously managed to book the following gigs:

- Mothers Day
    Mumrah, Pickled Dick, Harijan and Matt Crosher
    Barely anyone pitched up to experience the wonderment of Matt Crosher doing a solo acoustic gig and the splendor of Mumrah's mentalist ways.

- Easter Sunday
    Satori, Chris Murray, FreeFallFelix and APB
    Arguably one of the best lineups we've had, with one of the worst turnouts, and biggest losses ever. Was an awesome gig, but completely passed us by that it was Easter fucking Sunday when we booked it.

- Bonfire Night
    The King Blues, Harijan, APB and Splitside
    As the King Blues were working their way up, we had them at Josephs Well and actually lost money on the show. Imagine that now! I remember the band having an important meeting of sorts after the show with some industry types. Tried to jazz it up by having fireworks on the flyer. It didn't work.

We also managed a spectacular FAIL when we put on a clubnight at the Subculture in Leeds and no one came except the friends we'd dragged along at opening time. Perhaps somewhat attributable to the fact that the buses were on strike that day and were running a (very) skeleton service.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:22 pm

When you say fireworks on the flyer do you mean you taped fireworks to the flyer? That would have been awesome
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:24 pm

i still have the flyer to that show, didn't go, but i had the flyer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:06 pm