Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Steff
The Amazing Fletch
the dogster
7 posters

The Specials live on the telly tonight!!!

the dogster
    the dogster
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

The Specials live on the telly tonight!!! Empty The Specials live on the telly tonight!!!

Post by the dogster Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Tune in to BBC4 tonight at 9pm to see The Specials playing live at Glastonbury Festival!!!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

The Specials live on the telly tonight!!! Empty Re: The Specials live on the telly tonight!!!

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:35 am

Gah I missed it. Is there any way to see it again? iPlayer perhaps?
    the dogster
    the dogster
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

The Specials live on the telly tonight!!! Empty Re: The Specials live on the telly tonight!!!

Post by the dogster Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:41 am

The Amazing Fletch wrote:Gah I missed it. Is there any way to see it again? iPlayer perhaps?

It was ace! You can watch some of the set here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2009/artists/specials/
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:39 am

I listened to it on iplayer, not quite as good as the real thing
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:47 pm

Fuck me Terry Hall is looking old. Neville still has so much energy but Terry seems like he doesn't care.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Yeah I thought that as well, he looked like he didn't really want to be there! I was watching out for my best mate... didn't have much luck ha!
    the dogster
    the dogster
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by the dogster Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:20 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:Fuck me Terry Hall is looking old. Neville still has so much energy but Terry seems like he doesn't care.

Terry's always been like that really, he looked like a sulky old git even in the bands heyday when they were top of the charts!
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:28 pm

ive not quite finished watching it but it ids ratehr good Very Happy
    ferrrn
    ferrrn
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by ferrrn Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:22 pm

i went to see them in london in may, and compared to then the glasto coverage was shite, the sound was terrible, aqnd Terry Hall didnt look like he was enjoying it at all, but when i saw them hands down they were the best band ive ever seen

i just hope they dont break up again Sad
    Mod Henry
    Mod Henry
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Mod Henry Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:44 am

That's Terry Hall's style he was miserbale in 79 and he's miserable now it's how the Specials gel he's boring and Neville's mental. I could never see them at a huge festival...no room to skank in those crushes!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:26 am