Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Reel Big Moose
scottus86
Parg
Wai
8 posters

Any horn players in the Bristol Area?

Wai
    Wai
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Any horn players in the Bristol Area? Empty Any horn players in the Bristol Area?

Post by Wai Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:26 am

I'm putting a band together in Bristol at the moment, I've done some home recordings to some programmed drums of some songs that I've written here -----> www.myspace.com/timorousme

I have a drummer and bassist on board, and perhaps a second guitarist, what I really need now is a horn player or two, the brass I've recorded is me, and I'm rubbish at trumpet, so it's not particularlly difficult stuff to play, is there anyone on here that would be interested, or knows of anyone that might be?

Also can I have some general feedback on the songs, this is a ska site so I think I'm catering to the right sort of crowd Smile
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Any horn players in the Bristol Area? Empty Re: Any horn players in the Bristol Area?

Post by Parg Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Aww if only you were a bit closer to me. I'm about a 45 min drive (I think) from Bristol Sad
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Any horn players in the Bristol Area? Empty Re: Any horn players in the Bristol Area?

Post by scottus86 Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:44 pm

45 minute drive isn't that big, i used to drive 40 minutes to work and back everyday!
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:25 pm

But I can't drive Smile
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:27 pm

finding brass is hard Sad desperately want some for us but as yet drawn blanks Sad
    Wai
    Wai
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Wai Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:04 pm

Yea, this finding brass is a bit of a struggle, but I'm not phased Razz

Parg this will probably make no difference at all to you, but I can drive and I live near Temple meads, I dunno how you'd feel about training it? I used to commute an hour for my old band so it's worth a go right? Wink
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:15 pm

Provided I can get a railcard it works out to about £10 return. How often would I need to go to Bristol?
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:11 pm

I'm saying fairly often, though it's really none of my business. Good old Temple Meads. That takes me back.
    Wai
    Wai
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Wai Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:28 am

Haha nice input Razz

Initially we'll be looking to practice about once a week, but this could well pick up a bit once we get going. If you're commuting in I'm sure we could work something out where you don't chip in money for the practice space 'cause you're paying more to get there, that's how we worked it in my old band and it seemed to work pretty well.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:38 am

if you sell crack to school kids i bet you could get the school brass brand wraped round your fingure in no time, then just use them for the band
    Wai
    Wai
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Wai Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:07 pm

Hmm, well I do like crack, and small children, so I'll keep that idea in mind Wink
    Andy DTA
    Andy DTA
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Andy DTA Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:02 pm

what sicko repped him up for that?? lol.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:14 pm

If all threads start becoming about drug dealing and paedophilia I'm leaving Laughing

But yeah I should definitely be able to go at least once a week (depends what time they are for 2 per week). I play the tenor sax btw.
    Wai
    Wai
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Wai Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:59 pm

Awesome stuff, we're looking at probably doing them weekday evenings, but I'll fill you in on the details once I've sorted them out. If you wanna add me on Msn to have a chat about it all my addy is wai_sanlee@hotmail.com Smile
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:16 am

Word. Will do when I install MSN again (installed Fedora and it nuked my hard drive)
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:49 pm

tried for months to find brass for my band and it was so hard we gave up. extra frustrating because i know a lot of brass players cus i'm in a youth band but they don't know/like ska or are too lazy. even more annoying is that i can play tbone but then we'd have to find another bassist arghhh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:52 am