Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
lightowler
Summers
6 posters

Kickback, relax!

Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Kickback, relax! Empty Kickback, relax!

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 2:23 am

Hello all of you fine people who apparantly might have some interest in the life and times of Kickback UK.

So, lots of moving and shaking in the inner workings of KBUK, as there always seem to be. It's with tear filled eyes and a big bottle of Gentleman Jack that we have to bid farewell to Dan Schultz, by far the best member of the band and a general working class hero. The past couple of years with Dan have been absolutely incredible, and no-one has generated so many lolz and warmed so many hearts. He is, and will always be, an absolute legend in our eyes, and we will always, always, scrape the wall for him.

With Dan gone, and a huge hair metal soloing lead guitar spot left open in his absence, we've had a slight mess around with the lineup, with Francis moving onto guitar full time. This leaves us with a two guitared, two brassed fury attack. Anyone who saw us at the recent gig at Satans (that makes about 10 of you) will have seen the new lineup, which is still in the process of working some kinks out but should be a slick machine in no time.

In positive, POSITIVE news, we've begun, and are halfway through recording our long awaited (by me, anyway) debut mini album type thing. 7 tracks (that constitutes a mini album, right?) of old, not so old, and brand spanking new kickback goodness. The current working title is Persevering With Positivity, we'll see if that ends up being the final title or not. The tracklist will look a little something like this:

1. We Are Never Going Back To Montrose
    2. Breaking and Entering
    3. All The Wrong Reasons
    4. Don't Call Us (We Won't Call You Either)
    5. Foundations
    6. Reality Check
    7. Risk It For A Biscuit

Everything is being re-recorded, so it should all sound shiny and new. We're recording it ourselves at Salford Uni/Francis's bedroom, and hopefully it will sound chuffing wonderful. We'll keep you updated on a release date, but it WILL be available for the tour. Speaking of which...

The tour is pretty much booked up! You can view the dates on the myspace page, but we have a really nice run up and down the country in place, and will be tagging along with our good friends Stand Out Riot on all the dates. We're playing with some really awesome bands on pretty much all of the dates, so it'll definitely be worth coming out to! Hopefully we'll see you at one of the dates, make sure to come and say hi! And if you have a large room or shed for us to sleep in, well, that would be spiffing.

Stay positive!
    Kickback UK

I'm excited Smile

Last edited by Summers on Thu May 21, 2009 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Kickback, relax! Empty Re: Kickback, relax!

Post by lightowler Thu May 21, 2009 2:25 am

can i join kickback?
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu May 21, 2009 8:51 am

I may be able to provide a place for you to stay in Norwich, maybe. Don't hold me to that.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 21, 2009 9:57 am

I don't get the title of this thread. Is it like "Ah nice to see you [name]. Come in, kickback, relax!" or is it like "Kickback, Relax!" in the "[dog's name], kill!" way?

Also, nice run up and down the country? You missed like the whole of the Southwest. Fo' shame.
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Thu May 21, 2009 12:26 pm

do you mean perseverance by means of positivity? as opposed to having to persevere positivity? cause positivity is kinda nice!
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 12:33 pm

Wah wah waaaaah. Summers fail. It's Persevering With Positivity, late night semantics failure.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 4:29 pm

Looking forward to hearing it Summorz.

Artwork? Very Happy
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 4:49 pm

I think Francis is doing it, we're basically trying to do it as much ourselves as possible. Because we're very, very poor. I'm having to sell things just to afford to chip in for the cd pressing, haha.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Thu May 21, 2009 5:11 pm

I never said I'd charge you Wink

Kickback, relax! 552852
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu May 21, 2009 5:11 pm

That basically means you'll do it for free, mint, get to work.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Make it Proton themed (the thing in the nucleus not the car). Then it's all like positivity / positive charge harharharhar

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:32 pm