Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Reel Big Moose
Cap'n Lee
Furious D
Jess
elliemon
lightowler
Harvey
Summers
TheUnrulyGentleman
13 posters

My trumpet is slightly fucked.....

Poll

On a scale of 1 to 10, how stupid am I?

[ 1 ]
    My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_lcap17%My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_rcap1 [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_lcap0%My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_rcap1 [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_lcap0%My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_rcap1 [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_lcap17%My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_rcap1 [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 3 ]
    My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_lcap49%My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Vote_rcap1 [49%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 6
    TheUnrulyGentleman
    TheUnrulyGentleman
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Empty My trumpet is slightly fucked.....

Post by TheUnrulyGentleman Tue May 19, 2009 2:47 am

Righto lads & lasses,

I've been rather silly and left my trumpet unplayed and un-oiled for so long that the tuning slide is completely stuck.

Does anyone know a way of freeing the tuning slide without sending it away, I have a gig Saturday 23rd!

Cheers in advance

TheUnrulyGentleman
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

My trumpet is slightly fucked..... Empty Re: My trumpet is slightly fucked.....

Post by Summers Tue May 19, 2009 3:50 am

No, but if your mouthpiece ever gets stuck and people say NO MATTER WHAT DON'T USE PLIERS, don't listen to them, it fucking works.

Maybe try soaking it in warm water? Or putting it in the freezer. It's too late and i forget which one makes the metal contract.

Or pliers. Pliers are great. Just don't blame me if it squishes your trumpet.
    Harvey
    Harvey
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Harvey Tue May 19, 2009 10:31 am

cold makes metal contract, but it might contract the whole thing....
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue May 19, 2009 10:59 am

get a Huge bath of lube, soke it till its fix'd (now the fun part) then throw the warm lube down the street and have hours of fun waching people fall over.
    not playing instruments sucks, i havent played violin since my A level and turns out i cant even tune the thing now, got the sheet music out for my final pice and was all like HOLY FUCK I MUST HAVE USED TO BE GOOD
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Tue May 19, 2009 11:49 am

cold deffo is the contracting one. you could cool it all maybe and then pour warm water over the outer tube so that expands but hopefully leaving the inner one contracted then give that a go!
    other than that just get someone really manly to yank it out. my dad had to do that for my mouthpiece once and his face nearly went blue! but it worked haha
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Tue May 19, 2009 11:50 am

no offense if you're a boy - i don't know how manly you are and i'm sorry if you are really manly!! haha
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Tue May 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Don't be afraid of soaking it in really hot water (as long as your mouthpiece and valves are out) that should help soften the metal and it's worked for me a few times. I've also heard people in the same situation being recommended to get a wee rubber hammer and hit it about a bit. Or a bit of WD-40?
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Tue May 19, 2009 1:54 pm

Will it out

My trumpet is slightly fucked..... 6159
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue May 19, 2009 2:12 pm

will a trout
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Tue May 19, 2009 2:43 pm

im certain there must be some way of using a trout in this situation, the cap'n may be on to something!
    sian
    sian
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by sian Tue May 19, 2009 2:50 pm

warm water seemed to work for my brother... but that was with a tuba - in a bath... so on an epic scale
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Tue May 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Pee on it Wink trust me.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Tue May 19, 2009 7:40 pm

lorra blue juice and effort maybe
    suzyska
    suzyska
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by suzyska Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:13 pm

I had a stuck trumpet valve the other day..really bad.. just would not shift and it's a nightmare because it does it all the time. I put a tonne of valve oil on it and it didn't help. vaseline lip balm (!!) was the only thing that helped. Used that on the slides before too. hehe. Not sure if that's the best idea, but it worked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:12 am