Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
iamemmao
lightowler
Steff
7 posters

Steff's Ska show on bay radio

Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Steff's Ska show on bay radio - Page 5 Empty Re: Steff's Ska show on bay radio

Post by Steff Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Yeah I think fletch requested it last week as well haha.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:18 pm

I don't remember hearing it last week so I requested it this week. Whoops again. I won't request it next week.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:22 pm

maybe you could just burn feltch a cd that he could listen to every week instead of making me listen to the same bastard songs over and over! i hate you feltch, i'm going to have emma bake a dead cat into your cake!
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:45 pm

But.. but... we'll probably be eating the cake as well Sad

Good show Steff!! I would say that the songs are being repeated a bit. Do you keep a note of what you played the previous weeks? That might help to mix things up...
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:42 am

you know that old saying, "you cant bake a cake and eat it"
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Fuck you, Lee. You're just pissed that he plays my requests twice and doesn't play yours at all.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:59 pm

he did this time, i got me some moufwarsh
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:50 am

iamemmao wrote:But.. but... we'll probably be eating the cake as well Sad

Good show Steff!! I would say that the songs are being repeated a bit. Do you keep a note of what you played the previous weeks? That might help to mix things up...

Yeah I realised I've been doing that a bit too much, so next Sunday (20th) is going to be some kind of European ska special type thing (Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?) so I should be playing lots of music that I havn't before. Will also avoid playing Dub Incorporation even though they are French because I have played them a lot recently. xD

Last week's show (13th) should be up on rewind in a day or two hopefully, and if you missed the previous one it is here: http://api.mixcloud.com/bayradio/steffs-ska-show-sunday-6-february-2011/embed-html/ Smile
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Here it is: http://api.mixcloud.com/bayradio/steffs-ska-show-13th-february-2011/embed-html/ Smile

Also the show nerdfighters is pretty good, it's a daytime show so has to play some rubbish pop songs but I was on yesterday's one and managed to play some pirate hip-hop and 8bit music so funtimes.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:34 am

ooh can I make a request? I haven't listened to your show yet (I'll make a note to remind me for this week) so I dunno if you've played it before but can you play something by Do It With Malice? Paranoid or Symphonic Homicide would be awesome. (maybe not this week though if it's gonna be a European music special)
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:25 pm

I love do it with malice (They are my second most played band according to last.fm!) so I definitely will play some of them after the European special thing this sunday Smile

Check out the shows from the last two weeks! http://www.bay-radio.co.uk/index.php?section=shows&show=29

Also, does anyone have any European requests? At the moment I have plenty of Welsh, Spanish, Russian, German and French ska, and a bit of Italian. I also know of one Lithuanian ska band which I need to remember the name of. Smile
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:21 pm

feltch would be good for this
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Athena are a good Turkish ska band. They were turkey's entry in the 2004 eurovision song contest. I'll probably think of a few more as the day goes on.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:08 am

Did anyone catch the show? Thoughts? Smile
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 am

we were out and didn't catch it im afraid, update when its up for a listen and i'll share my thoughts
    sorry for missing it tho
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 am

Cap'n Lee wrote:we were out and didn't catch it im afraid, update when its up for a listen and i'll share my thoughts
    sorry for missing it tho

Will do! I saw a few shows go onto 'rewind' this morning but the tech guy must have run out of time or something because he stopped a few shows before mine annoyingly.
    In a way I prefer people listening to it on mixcloud because that keeps a count of how many times it's been played, we have no idea how many people are listening live because of various technological reasons.

But it was a fun show to do, will definitely be doing it again.

Also, new feature on the next show, should be quite fun, maybe get someone to phone in on skype for it Smile
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 am

i know this is too late, so i'm going to phrase it as a request rather than an idea for a european ska band

http://www.myspace.com/bxsbelgium
    blak x sheep are a good ska band from belgium. some songs are more ska than others but they're well good. play them
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:58 am

Unfortunately someone accidentally unplugged a cable in the studio which means a few days of shows didn't get recorded, including last Sunday's ska show. Bad times.

However I will be doing another European Special because I actually really enjoyed researching for it and doing it, maybe in a month or something. (Or sooner if anyone would want that?)
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:00 am

I was looking forward to that show but I've thought of a few other European bands since then. Could you post up a list of the songs that you played so I don't request them again and face the wrath of Lee?
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:38 pm

http://www.mixcloud.com/bayradio/steffs-ska-show-sunday-27th-february-2011/

The last show actually did get recorded! Which is nice.

The daily mail game and intros went on a bit longer than I expected so I will adjust the format a bit for this week Smile
    Szorn
    Szorn
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Szorn Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:49 am

I'll definitely have to check this out, just missed it. Darn, I'll check out the recording on Soundcloud though,
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:37 pm

It was a good show. I'm definitely going to try the intro quiz next week. I can't believe some of the intros that people didn't get. Toots and the Maytals for God's sake! That was easy.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:42 am

I'm enjoying doing the intros round Smile Some people really struggle to grasp the idea that what they're hearing isn't going on at the same time as I'm saying it though!

Any general feedback? Too much 3rd wave? Still playing the same songs too much?

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:46 pm

No I think it was good. I can understand why people would complain about you talking too much but I think it's a good laugh. I was thinking how it would probably be fun to be in the studio with you. Did I hear correctly that you have a webcam now? I'm not sure if I mentioned it a few weeks ago but I think that's a great idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 pm