Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Katie
ba-ba
MidlandsDan
Summers
sarahmay
NotRich
iamemmao
Steff
Foxxe
Jess
elliemon
Peeky
Furious D
lightowler
Parg
MangoSkeejykins
Cap'n Lee
The Amazing Fletch
scottus86
23 posters

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories. - Page 2 Empty Re: Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Post by Parg Fri May 22, 2009 5:38 pm

"By P. Rolls "Herr Bilcliff" -

Our German teacher once wrote (in English) "The pen is on the table" on his blackboard. The "pen" and the "is" were written particularly close together.

How we laughed.

Anyway, nice pen and all that"

Very Happy
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories. - Page 2 Empty Re: Funny/Abstract/Strange/Different news stories.

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri May 22, 2009 6:07 pm

I think some of those bic reviews are fail though because it's pretty much old hat the 200th time.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri May 22, 2009 6:16 pm

you read that far?! i read the first couple then hit stumble again
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri May 22, 2009 6:17 pm

No I didn't read that far but there are probably that many.
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Fri May 22, 2009 6:32 pm

well you'd be wrong. 185 customer reviews it says..!
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat May 23, 2009 9:31 am

well you can either read the following now or wait until bobby reposts it in a week and read it then

‘We did not know that child abuse was a crime,’ says retired Catholic archbishop
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Sat May 23, 2009 11:31 am

where did he get all that money from? if he got it from the church than that is way too fucked up
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sat May 23, 2009 11:59 am

How the hell did he not know child abuse was a crime? That's like waking up one day and thinking "what the fuck is this thing on the end of my arm‽"
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat May 23, 2009 12:27 pm

probably a choir boy

badum-tssh
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat May 23, 2009 3:02 pm

actually, did anyone spot this awesome comment in the article:

roger wrote:prisoner: father forgive me for I have sinned, I raped a little girl...
    priest: I do hope that you didn't use a condom!

sorry!
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Sat May 23, 2009 3:23 pm

yeah i saw it...
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat May 23, 2009 4:47 pm

that wasn't aimed at just you ellie
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Sat May 23, 2009 4:57 pm

unfortunately it did quite mildly amuse me..
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Sat May 23, 2009 5:53 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:that wasn't aimed at just you ellie

yeah i know! lol :S
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Mon May 25, 2009 11:06 am

Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Mon May 25, 2009 3:21 pm

That Russian guy is my hero. You just cannot beat his logic.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Mon May 25, 2009 3:59 pm

Goodness me.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Mon May 25, 2009 4:40 pm

It's Towel Day!!

Clicky!!

(I saw this on Slashdot so I'm posting it under news)
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu May 28, 2009 11:09 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/may/28/john-butterfill-mps-expenses

what a star john butterfill is, is it just me or are the torys an actual stereotype of themselves?
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 28, 2009 11:44 am

i would try and defend him but i meen come on! thats just rediculouse.
    The whole thing about this "them stealing our hard earnd cash has pissed me off from the start. The point of these expenses is so mps can aford to have a second home down in london to live in when parlements in sesion, the idea behind it so people who arnt tory toffs with slaves can als aford to be mps. They wer told to use all their expenses up as it formed part of their pay... so in esance their told we will give you a free house + fittings and some of them Still managed to fuck it up!

also its probably due to the media picking wich articles to release but yes they do seem to be very sterio typical, their was a lib dem across the river from me who claimed a jar of brandston pickle on his expenses, it was a £500 jar btw.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Thu May 28, 2009 12:33 pm

Must have been an awesome jar of pickle. Like 'holy shit someone may have to chuck this into mount doom to destroy it' awesome.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Parg wrote:Must have been an awesome jar of pickle. Like 'holy shit someone may have to chuck this into mount of cheese samich to nom it' awesomeness.

im shur thats what you ment to say :p
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu May 28, 2009 12:59 pm

Someobdy suggested to me that they should build/rent a building in Central London and turn it into an apartment block. Then the MPs can live there while they're in parliament once or twice a week.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Thu May 28, 2009 1:02 pm

any one know what happens when they get voted out/retire? do they get to keep their house? That would seem to be a rather easy way to get a house (get voted in in the midle of butfuck nowhere, get a house in london, retire keep house and get a job in london that you wanted in the first place)
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Thu May 28, 2009 1:51 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:Someobdy suggested to me that they should build/rent a building in Central London and turn it into an apartment block. Then the MPs can live there while they're in parliament once or twice a week.

it would be dying to be fire bombed!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:48 am