Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Jess
Andy DTA
Miss Lynsey Hostiles
wayneskadude
Peeky
barneyboom
10 posters

Bye Bye Ben Boom! Boom or Bust!!

barneyboom
    barneyboom
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Bye Bye Ben Boom! Boom or Bust!! Empty Bye Bye Ben Boom! Boom or Bust!!

Post by barneyboom Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:00 pm

Zap!

Hey guys... As some of you may have heard from subterranean tweets, Facebook-entries and whispers over the last few months, Ben C is indeed going to be hanging up his touring cape after the forthcoming October Boom or Bust tour. He is going to be marrying his girlfriend Christie in the US in November and feels it's time for him to be home more than our schedule can allow. He’s taken the noble move of taking a step back from being a full time to a part time Boomer. There's no big bust-up or anything remotely of that nature... we've all been friends far too long and been together through far too much for there to be any animosity about the decision. Ben is still going to be involved in all things SB6 and Rebel Alliance and hopes to do all sorts of things like set up a studio and work more in a producer capacity, both for recordings bands and dance music. It's very much 'for the best' and we wish him all the luck in the world with all his endeavours and, as I say, he’s still a Boomer and his song writing, production and his fledgling video-making career will still be part of your life. Because we’re all in this for life!

Bye Bye Ben Boom! Boom or Bust!! 7019_1212338799533_1560685395_30585566_6947704_n-600

So, this October tour is the last chance to catch the classic three-way Boom vocalist line-up! If you haven’t already got a ticket, act now. The event page on Facebook has every link nice and obvious for you to go and order that last minute ticket! As a special treat on the Boom or Bust tour, we're going to be playing the very last song we wrote with Ben in the Boom, as well as the VERY FIRST! Looks like we're going to need that warm-up gig!

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144761960618&index=1

In terms of the future, our bezzie mate Matt Reynolds (ex-Howards Alias/current-Drawings) will be taking over Ben’s axe-duties for our newly-confirmed November European tour in support of the Levellers and on our US dates in December.

OK, tomorrow morning we've got a free Rebel Alliance download sampler dropping at 11am. As well as the glory of a BRAND NEW track from the new Skints album, the beauty of Ben C's Random Hand 'Anger Management' remix, and shit-kicking tracks from Mouthwash and the Babylon Whackers we're going to be providing you lucky people with a free SB6 track. The track in question is our 30-second opus 'An Ode To D.I.Y Promoters' taken from the Punktastic Recordings release Unscene 4: 30 seconds to Impact. The compilation of 30-second songs from UK punk bands is a real banger and you can check it out here... http://www.banquetrecords.com/index.jsp?item=8765

Thanks to Paul and all at Punktastic for being so cool about letting us use the track for this download! So, at 11AM tomorrow, just head over to http://www.rebelalliancerecordings.com/freedownload.cfm.

Speaking of tomorrow, in the afternoon we will be live on air from the Leicester based radio station Demon FM, where we will be co-presenting the drive time show between 4pm and 7pm. Click to find out how to listen to the show. http://www.demonfm.co.uk/

After that, we will be heading to The Shed in Leicester where we will be playing a special all ages warm up show. Doors will be at 7pm, (not 8pm as previously stated!) tickets are £6 advance and for ticket and full information click http://www.myspace.com/quicktothearkshows

On Tuseday 6th October, there will be further radio shenanigans, with us joining the crew at The Hell-drive with Alli-Cat & Animal Andy on Total Rock radio! We'll be on the show between 3 and half past 3 in the afternoon so be sure to tune in, details are here... http://www.totalrockradio.com/events.php

Busy, busy, busy!

See you on the Boom or Bust tour!

Barney x x x
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Bye Bye Ben Boom! Boom or Bust!! Empty Re: Bye Bye Ben Boom! Boom or Bust!!

Post by Peeky Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Sad times!I'll shift this to news-the world needs to know.

looking forward to the Leeds show that were doing next weekend gonna be a blast!

The levellers UK dates
    wayneskadude
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by wayneskadude Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:30 pm

Bad times but good luck to the bloke.

Hi Barney I'm the bass player from The Plan we are playing with you on Tuesday so see you there.

Toodles
    Miss Lynsey Hostiles
    Miss Lynsey Hostiles
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by Miss Lynsey Hostiles Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:49 pm

awww! sad news but best wishes to a smashing chap and his lovely missus.
    am even more sad to be missing the glasgow gig now x
    Andy DTA
    Andy DTA
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Andy DTA Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:19 pm

I'm gutted to hear it but all the best young Benjamin... Wish I could make it to more than one of the gigs on the tour, but sadly Sheffield is the only one I can do. Gutted Sad
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:26 pm

The 3-way vocals are going to be missed, but good luck to you Ben!
    I'll see you all in Aberdeen soon Smile
    Foxxe
    Foxxe
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Foxxe Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:37 am

Oh noes! Good job I'll be there this Friday. I'll be intrigued to see where they go/who they get in to replace Ben in the long run though.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:36 am

went to the shed gig (after work with work the next day as well, that's dedication!)

was well good. nice one guys and girl. shame ben's going but i'm sur ethe new guy will be sick too =]
    Joe G
    Joe G
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by Joe G Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:06 am

Good luck Ben!

Matt is a wicked bloke to fill his shoes, although I can't imagine him hip-hopping too much Razz
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:21 am

Just got back from a gig on this tour, it was sweeeeet. I loved the skints, and johnny action finger won back my love and affection by offering me a free tshirt, which I didn't actually get, but the thought was nice. Not many people got up to watch detached which worked in my favour as I had the most room to skank, which I didn't get at all with sb6, because it was packed and smelled strangely of apple pie and cheese.
    I need to sleep I have work in 4.5 hours, expect this post to be edited tomorrow Smile
    Foxxe
    Foxxe
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Foxxe Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:53 pm

Really enjoyed both the Skints and Resolution 242 for the first time on this tour, bought the latter's CD too and it's good! Sonic Boom Six good as ever even though there weren't that many people there in Birmingham.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:15 am