Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Reel Big Moose
davecamus
6 posters

Big D & the Kids Table- New Album!

davecamus
    davecamus
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Big D & the Kids Table- New Album! Empty Big D & the Kids Table- New Album!

Post by davecamus Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Big D's new album came out yesterday!

Anyone bought it/had the chance to listen to it/acquired it yet?

Ive had a quick listen through, and 'we can live anywhere' is cool, but generally you cant seem to distinguish one track form the next, they all seem very similar :/ And I'm undecided on the female vocals, they seem to be on every track too, I guess they'll have a female when the play live? I don't know.

Anyway, for me so far it doesn't excel Strictly.

Any thoughts/comments?
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Big D & the Kids Table- New Album! Empty Re: Big D & the Kids Table- New Album!

Post by Reel Big Moose Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:17 pm

tbh I always found them a bit on the generic and bland side so meh
    Al
    Al
    Review King
    Review King

Post by Al Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:13 pm

I shall review this when I have it in my hand. Did Laila K's vocals make it on to the album does anyone know?
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:37 pm

How has this managed to pass me by entirely?!

I like Big D, they're a great great live band, but for me they work so much better as a fast-paced skacore band, rather than a rootsy one. Strictly Rude was a good CD, but it doesn't work as well as the likes of Good Luck or even How it Goes.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Sadly I don't have enough money to buy this album yet, but I've had a listen to the songs they put on their myspace... and listened to clips of every song on the itunes store.. ha.

What I've heard I quite like, but I can see see myself getting quite bored as it does all seem a bit samey. I got most of their other albums in one go, so can't really tell the difference between them all... they blend in together nicely.... but this new ones going to stand right out and I'm not sure whether that'll be good or not... hmmmm....
    willsmiththe5th
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by willsmiththe5th Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:46 pm

NotRich wrote:How has this managed to pass me by entirely?!

I like Big D, they're a great great live band, but for me they work so much better as a fast-paced skacore band, rather than a rootsy one. Strictly Rude was a good CD, but it doesn't work as well as the likes of Good Luck or even How it Goes.

I agree I loved Good Luck and Gypsy Hill, and how it goes had a few stand out tracks but on the whole their newer stuff I found uninspiring.

I know that people get bored of doing the same thing all the time so I can understand the transition, Good luck was released over 10 years ago now I think!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm