Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Steff
NotRich
Furious D
Cap'n Lee
The Amazing Fletch
9 posters

I'm not too poor to go on holiday!

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

I'm not too poor to go on holiday! Empty I'm not too poor to go on holiday!

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:44 pm

I'm so filthy stinking rich that I went on holiday to Egypt twice last year. Here are some photos:

Represent

I'm not too poor to go on holiday! N691970736_704350_969

Weeee!

I'm not too poor to go on holiday! N691970736_704376_1182

I'm not too poor to go on holiday! N691970736_704354_2582
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

I'm not too poor to go on holiday! Empty Re: I'm not too poor to go on holiday!

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:55 pm

someone shop balls hanging out of his shorts in the bottom photo to go with that pervy wink

on-topic: i don't get holidays, last holiday i went on was to prague, 4 years ago, a mate paid for my ticket in exchange for me bringing a shitload of tobacco back with me. prague is an absolute shithole, everyone is selling you drugs, everyone is depressed, theres whores everywhere and you can't understand a word anyone says, it's like being in fucking glasgow
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Haha, not everywhere's like Glasgow...Very Happy
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:on-topic: i don't get holidays, last holiday i went on was to prague, 4 years ago, a mate paid for my ticket in exchange for me bringing a shitload of tobacco back with me. prague is an absolute shithole, everyone is selling you drugs, everyone is depressed, theres whores everywhere and you can't understand a word anyone says, it's like being in fucking glasgow

I said pretty much the same thing about Prague. It's just like Norwich only they speak a different language. It grew on me once we found a decent place to eat and had a walk round. I was offered a lot of drugs too.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:54 pm

I wasn't offered ANY drugs at all in Prague, and didn't come across any whorehouses, strip clubs or any other adult entertainment. I'm pretty sure that unless you're looking for them, you can easily avoid them.

I really enjoyed it as a city, helped that the weather was really good when we were there too. Managed to visit Prague Zoo, and the beer festival that happened to be on whilst we were there.

I've got a bajillion pictures from mine and the lady's holiday from a few weeks ago, and i'll put some up this weekend hopefully. We visited: Krakow, Prague, Linz, Salzburg, Venice, Florence, (Pisa (day trip!)) and Rome so there's plenty of touristy shots.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:56 pm

Where in Egypt did you go Fletch?
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 pm

NotRich wrote:I'm pretty sure that unless you're looking for them, you can easily avoid them.

or that you were tucked in bed by 5pm.

this was all on the main high street (forget what it's called), we're not talking back alleys and crooked neighbouroods
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Perhaps it's cleaned itself up in the last 4 years then, or we were maybe going down different streets, but really never came across any adult entertainment in any form!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:44 pm

that does sound like the sort of holiday you would enjoy
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:58 pm

I didn't see many hookers to be honest. There was only one strip club advertised called Goldfinger or some shizzle like that. They had a walk-thru macdonald's too. No need to queue inside, just queue outside in the cold!

I went to Sharm El Sheikh last year. The people there are really friendly and (from what I saw) a lot more honest than the people in the Dominican Republic a few years before. I might go to Cairo one day but I've heard bad things.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:05 pm

it does make sense, these things are constantly going through a cycle of being small places with cheap amenities, they gain in popularity, fill up on booze drugs and whores then is deemed not a small place with cheap amenities any more and people move on to the next obscure european town
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:15 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:someone shop balls hanging out of his shorts in the bottom photo to go with that pervy wink

on-topic: i don't get holidays, last holiday i went on was to prague, 4 years ago, a mate paid for my ticket in exchange for me bringing a shitload of tobacco back with me. prague is an absolute shithole, everyone is selling you drugs, everyone is depressed, theres whores everywhere and you can't understand a word anyone says, it's like being in fucking glasgow

Oi, I'm the only one allowed to diss Glasgow around here! While I'm on the subject, you after any crack, mate?

Anyway, I ventured south of the border last Summer and went to Legoland. It was fucking mint! I know have no need to go on any European sight seeing holiday as every attraction possible was captured in a miniature lego model. That's what I call value for money!
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:56 am

on time when i was in edinburgh, elviss stopped me and asked where they could get some puff. i told them that i didn't know but more importantly that isn't a phrase you want to ask someone in edinburgh, silly southerners
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:31 am

I just put some photos from Oz up on Facebook: clicky here! (Even if you aren't on Facebook)
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:44 pm

What a peculiar bird. How queer.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Didn't realise the opera house was so HOOOGE.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:26 pm

have you seen the size of most opera singers???
    Jess
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:39 pm

Aye, that's a fair point. I've never seen an opera singer with a BMI of less than 30.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:06 am

hahahah, rep + 1 for both. Smile
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Egypy looks like a water park in Bognor Regis from those photos.

I dunno, when I was in school my teacher told us they had pyramids and shit there.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:24 am

Egypt does have pyramids, you're correct. I didn't see them though. It costs a lot to get there from Sharm. I did go snorkelling though which anyone should do if they go to Sharm El Sheikh.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:12 am