Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Reel Big Moose
Parg
Foxxe
The Amazing Fletch
Cap'n Lee
lightowler
MidlandsDan
NotRich
12 posters

You know what really makes me smile...

NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

You know what really makes me smile... Empty You know what really makes me smile...

Post by NotRich Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:40 pm

To combat the negativity present in the "You know what really pisses me off thread...", here's a thread that'll hopefully be a bit more 'posi'.

Tell everyone what makes you smile, what makes you happy, what makes you laugh.

It makes me smile and makes me happy when people that I come into contact with whilst going about my daily routine are genuinely courteous, helpful or just happy themselves.

For example, when I go the shop on a morning to get my dinner for work, and the person behind the counter is in a cheery mood, and really helpful, it sets me off in a good mood for the day. Same goes for happy bus drivers (as rare as they are)
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

You know what really makes me smile... Empty Re: You know what really makes me smile...

Post by MidlandsDan Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:50 pm

Repped up for throwing a spanner in the works of my righteous rage.

Many things do. Writing lists is not one of them though.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

You know what really makes me smile... Empty Re: You know what really makes me smile...

Post by lightowler Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:17 pm

it makes me smile when its a sunny friday, i finish work early, i here a new awesome laid back ska song, some one gives me a cup of tea and i know im going to see my mates later

im in a good mood
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:34 pm

lightowler wrote:...and i know im going to see my mates later
    oh, i thought you were coming round here?!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:
    lightowler wrote:...and i know im going to see my mates later
    oh, i thought you were coming round here?!

He's not your mate, you punched him in the eye!
    Foxxe
    Foxxe
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Foxxe Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:42 am

NotRich wrote:It makes me smile and makes me happy when people that I come into contact with whilst going about my daily routine are genuinely courteous, helpful or just happy themselves.

For example, when I go the shop on a morning to get my dinner for work, and the person behind the counter is in a cheery mood, and really helpful, it sets me off in a good mood for the day. Same goes for happy bus drivers (as rare as they are)
    I fuckin love that! I had a day where everyone I met seemed to be lovely last week and it was so nice that even though I went to hospital I came back grinning.
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 am

Je suis en une mood happie dans this moment in time. Just got back from burning a load of schoolbooks in a bin in a field and I installed Linux Mint on mah computah.

Chocolate buttons make me smile too.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:19 am

ewwww linux unless new ones a vast improvement then good luck, my best amte had linux on her pc couple of years back and it was awlful, hardly any programs worked with it and she had real problems with mp3 players/digitalc cameras etc
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:22 am

palying a good gig, writing a good choon, a good long hug, a cold pint on a hot day witha little acoustic ska, meeting someone/band you really like and tfinding they are nice people (sb6 spring to mind on this one) italion food, a fry up, SKA!! mcfly.
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Linux is good (i dual boot linux(ubuntu) and xp). i must say 9.04 is a stable release but there are still a hell of alot of problems under the hood, Especially when it comes to sound. Another problem is a lack of industry level software like anything adobe releases. They are working on a project called 100 paper cuts where they aim to fix 100 bugs and nuisances but that's for the 10.04 release which is quite a while away.

I use linux solely for the superior nvidia drivers over windows .
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:53 pm

Well I'm only gonna use it for things like the internet, watching videos, playing music and maybe a little bit of typing (if I can get used to this keyboard) so I'm quite happy with it.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:46 pm

What makes me smile is a good tuna and cheese sandwich... and having some money to buy some new cds Very Happy
    Katie
    Katie
    Boogle
    Boogle

Post by Katie Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:43 pm

Feeling like I made a real difference in an animal's recovery.

Today was a great day Very Happy
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 pm

awww Smile
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:40 pm

The Aggrolites definitely make me smile.
    SkankinDragon
    SkankinDragon
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by SkankinDragon Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:15 am

Playing music with my friends....
    A perfect clear blue sky....
    The smell of fresh cut grass....
    Taking my car on long drives to nowhere in particular with some pre-rolled cigarettes some cd's and a can of coke....
    A fresh jar of nutella and a spoon....

All of these things make me smile
    Parg
    Parg
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Parg Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 am

I've never really liked the smell of freshly cut grass. Freshly baked bread, however, is the best thing since evar.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:14 am

nuttella rep Very Happy
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:32 am

Freshly cut grass makes my eyes hurt and my nose run but yeah, fresh bread is the shiznit.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:53 am

Talking of grass, I kept my spare tie in the same draw I had a shitload of weed in...it smelt fucking good when I had to wear it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 11:54 pm