Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Wrestling Thread

ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Wrestling Thread Empty Wrestling Thread

Post by ScottMoon Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:57 am

I'm talking WWE, ECW etc i used to watch it at about 12 but started watching it again recently. got to see jeff hardy and edge go through a ladder from a great height. Brutal. Who watches?
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Wrestling Thread Empty Re: Wrestling Thread

Post by Summers Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

YES. Repped for starting a thread i should have started weeks ago.

Really enjoyed most of Extreme Rules, the end was an obvious highlight (see sig!) but was well into the Jericho/Mysterio and ECW title matches. I can't believe that both top titles were won by challengers who dropped them almost immediately though. Orton definitely should have retained, i've no idea why they bothered to give Batista the belt if they knew he was injured beforehand! I was pissed off when Hardy won the title, but i was ecstatic when Punk stole it from him. I fucking hate Jeff Hardy.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:39 am

YES. Repped for starting a thread i should have started weeks ago.

Really enjoyed most of Extreme Rules, the end was an obvious highlight (see sig!) but was well into the Jericho/Mysterio and ECW title matches. I can't believe that both top titles were won by challengers who dropped them almost immediately though. Orton definitely should have retained, i've no idea why they bothered to give Batista the belt if they knew he was injured beforehand! I was pissed off when Hardy won the title, but i was ecstatic when Punk stole it from him. I fucking hate Jeff Hardy.

Batista's been quite vocal of late about how's he's thinking about retirement fairly soon. The bloke's 40 now, which unless you're Hulk Hogan, Sting, The Undertaker or Shawn Michaels is past your wrestling prime. Basically think they wanted to stick the belt on him one last time, maybe give him a decent run and he'll be done with the company.

Glad they've taken the title off Edge. He's just been on and off the main belts for the past couple of years now. Seen as Christian's lost his ECW belt as well, i reckon Edge and Christian will go into a feud together. Edge has been asking to do something with Christian since his return apparently.

Still don't think CM Punk is World Champion material. They're clearly setting up a Punk/Hardy rivalry now, which would be pretty unique, as neither are your traditional beefed up Wrestler that holds the championship.

Let's just hope Triple H doesn't come back and spoil it all. Sooner he retires, the better.
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:48 am

Triple H came back and kicked the shit out of orton on monday. well done WWE for continuing a rivalry that youve already done to absolute death!

Dreamer becoming ECW Champ is a bit of a weird one, not sure how I feel about that.

Will be very very interested to see how they push Punk being the champ this time-they failed ridiculously hard with it last time. Didn't like how they've done the whole Show/Cena mach 2 thing by having Punk GTS Umaga multiple times either. I do like CM Punk though and hope they give him a decent title run this time.

Also-how long did it take them to have even a minor backstage piece between Edge and Christian?
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:37 pm

Whoah, just been reading up on some latest stuff.

- Vicki Guerrero has left the company, she handed her notice in a while back apparently, as is now clearly, no longer the Raw GM.

- Umaga has been released by WWE

- and....:
    "On Tuesday afternoon, World Wrestling Entertainment announced that Batista will be having surgery on his arm this week and will miss upto four months of action. With Batista out of action until October, he'll be unable to defend the WWE Championship and a new champion must be crowned.

During tonight's ECW on Sci-Fi broadcast, WWE announced how they will be handling the situation. On Monday night, a new WWE champion will be crowned in North Carolina during the 3-hour Three-For-All Raw special. It will be John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Big Show vs. Triple H for the WWE title."
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 pm

Yeah, hence my initial comments about Batista dropping the belt immediately after winning it!

The Umaga/Mr Kennedy releases have been shocking and really, really shit. Especially since they've both been released immediately after putting on really strong performances.

Very surprised MVP/Miz aren't involved in the title picture. I know they're not main event material, but why should Big Show, someone who has lost twice in a row on PPV, be in a title match? Unless it's one of those where they enter all the 'former world champions'.
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:07 pm

Orton had better reclaim the title or I will be immensely pissed off.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Summers wrote:Yeah, hence my initial comments about Batista dropping the belt immediately after winning it!

The Umaga/Mr Kennedy releases have been shocking and really, really shit. Especially since they've both been released immediately after putting on really strong performances.

Very surprised MVP/Miz aren't involved in the title picture. I know they're not main event material, but why should Big Show, someone who has lost twice in a row on PPV, be in a title match? Unless it's one of those where they enter all the 'former world champions'.

Ah, see I didn't see Raw, so didn't know until I read up about Batista til just now.

Mr Kennedy is an awesome wrestler, unfortunately dogged by injuries, but I think WWE have made a mistake in letting him go. He was ready for a push to the main events and I reckon TNA will pick up on that.

Never been a fan of Umaga though, but it's still really strange that he's been let go just after a PPV appearance. Could he have violated the wellness policy and just been let go??
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:16 pm

I think that's the most likely scenario, apparently they're announcing a few suspensions in the next week so seems like it'd be the right timing for a wellness violation. He'd only actually had one publicly announced though, so either he had a second that wasn't announced (which could be likely considering how long he was out with injuries) or another theory is that he had a bit of an attitude. He's saying he quit, but that's doubtful considering how long he's been rehabbing to get back in the ring.
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:24 pm

Didn't relise batista was that old. he looks good for the age. Orton is great. He plays the heel character so well. love to see him cause shit. HHH is slightly annoying i just remember him holdng onto championships for ages at a time.

i miss the old TLC matches between the dudleys, hardeys, edge and cristian.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 am

As reported on WWE.com on Monday, June 8, 2009, WWE Superstar Umaga (Edward Fatu) has been released from his World Wrestling Entertainment contract.

However, consistent with the practice of announcing wellness policy violations, it should be noted that Umaga's termination was due to his second violation of the WWE Wellness Program and his subsequent refusal to attend a rehabilitation facility.
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:34 am

Repped up for the love of orton scott! loved it when he became champion. fuck triple H and his stupidly long title reigns. It gets really really boring watching him at every single ppv. I think thats why extreme rules was one of the better PPVs in ages cos it wasnt just rehashes of matches weve seen 20 times in the last 12 months.(with the exception of the Cena/Show match which was rubbish anyway)

One thing I didnt like about ortons character recently was after he won the title he did the whole mankind 'the title is the love of my life' thing-looking at it lovingly and nursing it like a baby in his arms-I really didnt think that suited his character at all.
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:23 am

the cena/bigshow match made me laugh. when cena used the ropes to do his submission. big shows legs fell off the ropes and they hid it using camera angles. yet they still made out it was amazing.
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Just watching some matches from a few years ago and remembering how good it was-what with all the bleeding and chair shots and what not.

I'm not sure I understood the whole Donald Trump buys WWE storyline which appears to be over already?

The bash has some pretty good matches lined up that I think could work well, quite looking forward to the 3 stages of hell match although I'm well disappointed that its just another Orton/HHH match.

Championship scrambles are pretty fun little matches and John Cena and The Miz should be comedy to watch if they get some mic time before the match at the actual event. It also looks like they're giving the tag team titles a good push at the moment-its been ages since there was a tag team match on a PPV(with the exception of the farse that was the wrestlemania unification match)
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:37 am

i want miz to beat cena.. rep me down!
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

quite the opposite good sir!

It would be awesome if the Miz won. If he does no way he's gonna win it straight though-it's gonna have to be through cheating or something stupid cos no way they'd let Cena drop a match to the Miz otherwise.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:00 pm

Cena must have sucked some serious management cock on the way up, cos they pushed him and pushed him and pushed him despite the crowd at times literally despising him.

It would be awesome if they put The Miz over Cena, but like Peeky says, that won't happen unless there's some aspect of cheating thrown in, they'd probably not have Cena lose in a straight up Wrestling Match to many people on the roster.

I don't mind the guy, I just don't understand how and why they pushed him as a face all the way up when it's exactly the opposite to what the crowd wanted.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:19 pm

Because the guy sells fucking tons of merchandise amongst their key demographic (ie kids!).

Miz is AWESOME and hopefully will get a sly win. Generally the whole card for the bash is looking really good and fresh! One more match to be announced on smackdown which completes a rather nice lineup.
    NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 pm

He sells a ton of merch now, but that only happened after he'd be pushed through all the shit to the top of the pile. And, yeah, that's the reason why they wouldn't have him falling to a mid-card wrestler these days.

It also pains me to agree with you about the key demographic being kids. I've always argued how Wrestling wasn't aimed at kids, it was aimed at the 18-30 male market (usually American), and in the Attitude era that was the target audience. Now they're all big on this PG rating for WWE shows, and it's had massively negative impact. No blood, no swearing (although they always beeped it out), and no Shane O'Mac jumping 30ft off the Titantron. Sad times.
    Peeky
    Peeky

Post by Peeky Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 pm

not to mention what the fuck is an attitude adjustment?
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:48 pm

It's a different era, the problem these days isn't with the lack of blood and swearing, it's with the creative team being clueless half the time. Raw at the moment is completely stagnant and dull. I really don't want to see HHH and Randy Orton headline ANOTHER ppv. It's such a shame too as in the first couple of weeks it really looked as though guys like MVP and Mr Kennedy would be getting a main event push. But Kennedy got the boot and MVP is stuck in no mans land, he's too big now for the US title, but doesn't have the booking needed to challenge Orton.

Whereas Smackdown you've got a really vibrant landscape, with loads of new talent being pushed, and new main eventers being created. As much as i dislike Jeff Hardy, i'm interested in the dynamic between him and Punk, and whether Punk will have a full on heel turn like has been teased. ECW also is really interesting at the moment, it's the only show where i actually give a shit what happens with the world title as it's not changing hands every week. Plus Zack Ryder is mint.

NotRich
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:57 pm

I suppose the recent excitement with the Smackdown roster is down to the child-friendly appeal. As a kid, guys flying off ladders and backflipping off the top rope is what interests you, and that's exactly what Smackdown offers. Punk, Hardy, Jericho and Mysterio all being all the same brand is a really good move.

It feels as though the popularity at the moment lies in fast-paced Smackdown style wrestling, and not in the beefed-up slamfest present on Raw. Triple H has one of the most boring Wrestling styles ever as far as i'm concerned.

I'm still hopeful that with The Hardy Boys and Edge and Christian all back on the books that we can see some TLC action sometime in the future. I can dream...
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:09 pm

I was half expecting an edge/matt vs. christian/jeff round the time christian came in and matt turned heel. Would have been very interesting!

I think Christian has a veerrryy bright future ahead though, he's performing like a bastard and putting on some brilliant matches. The Swagger/Christian feud is definitely my favourite this year so far. Would love to see him get drafted to smackdown and have a full on heel turn. As fun as he can be as a face, he absolutely wins as a heel.
    ScottMoon
    ScottMoon
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ScottMoon Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 am

Anyone want kane to have a breakdown and come back as masked kane? id like to see him just beat the shit outta everyone
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:03 pm

The bash was total win up until miz/cena. Disappointed with how that turned out, and skipped the majority of the main event snoozefest.

As you'll see on raw this week, they used Trumps buyout as an excuse to shift the rosters about a bit... very interesting.

Gone? Absolutely. Forgotten? Not so fast.

Donald Trump’s brief tenure as the owner of Raw may have ended, but his actions taken at that time continue to reverberate throughout the WWE landscape.

On Monday’s episode of Raw, the WWE Universe learned that, before selling Raw back to Mr. McMahon, “The Donald” had orchestrated more than a dozen Superstar trades, extending through all three WWE brands and including the following:

Moving to the Raw roster:
    Gail Kim
    Alicia Fox
    Jack Swagger
    Evan Bourne
    Mark Henry

Moving to the SmackDown roster:
    Matt Hardy
    Finlay
    The Hart Dynasty - David Hart Smith, Tyson Kidd & Natalya

Moving to the ECW roster:
    Shelton Benjamin
    Goldust
    William Regal
    Brie & Nikki Bella

The man who prides himself on having mastered the “art of the deal” has made a career out of getting the last laugh in the business world. And now the same can be said of Trump’s interactions with Mr. McMahon, the fellow billionaire who so publicly fired him. After all, Trump not only slapped The Chairman after the firing, he also walked away with twice the amount he had paid for Raw upon selling it back to Mr. McMahon. And now, a full week after his departure, the effects of Trump’s tenure are just now bubbling to the surface.

Could there be more earth-shaking revelations in store? We can’t be certain, but stay tuned!

Regal to ECW = Epic win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:11 pm