Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
iamemmao
lightowler
Steff
7 posters

Steff's Ska show on bay radio

iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Steff's Ska show on bay radio - Page 2 Empty Re: Steff's Ska show on bay radio

Post by iamemmao Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Why thank you! Wrong song but i'll forgive you Razz
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:06 pm

ITS OVER
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:09 pm

All round that was a good show. I'll try to listen in next week but I'm at work. Is it available as a podcast so I can listen to it some other time? That would be a great thing to do if you don't do it already.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:46 pm

Sorry Memma, will get you the right one next week! Razz

The Amazing Fletch wrote:All round that was a good show. I'll try to listen in next week but I'm at work. Is it available as a podcast so I can listen to it some other time? That would be a great thing to do if you don't do it already.

Thank you!
    I'm working on getting it recorded so I can make it available as a podcast, and I think the station as a whole is trying to set it up that every show is recorded too, so I'll be sure to let you all know when I figure out how to do that.

Another thing the station doesn't do is let me know how many people are listening, it's a bit of a pain but based on the number of requests tonight's show was the one with most listeners by far. Thanks for tuning in guys! Smile

lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:39 pm

we are the uk's premier ska forum.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:17 am

Yeah all 4 ish of us!

I enjoyed the show muchly. I got to see Lee do a little skank as well, and we all know Lee loves the ska!
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:56 am

lee invented ska whilst doing a split with reel big fish in 1992
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:35 am

I will say this one negative thing about your show though, Steff. Sometimes I couldn't really hear you over your background music in between songs. It's not that you were too quiet, but that the background music was a little bit too loud.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:12 am

Yeah someone else mentioned that pink panther was a bit loud this week, I was sliding it up to the same volume as usual, so I guess someone must have fiddled with the settings somewhere. Did I fix it by the end of the show?

Anything else I could improve on? Or anything that I need to do that I don't?
    Appreciate any comments anyone has!
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:20 am

you did a good job, it was better than i was expecting to be honest, there was a good mix of stuff played and you kept it about the music, kudos.

one problem though
    was i the only guy here to go songless?
    matt got fucking two played, one of which wasn't even a ska song!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:15 am

You got This Machine but he made it out to me because I hurt my knee skanking to it.

Pink Panther was sorted by the end, yeah. I also enjoyed your reggae section.

I must admit that I expected you to have a higher pitch voice that what you did. It must be the girl's hair. Razz
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:30 am

I expected steff to be more welsh.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Sorry Lee, choose a song from spotify or send me that link again for next week!
    Haha my voice is very manly and deep, it must be the compression Razz

I'm glad I'm not so Welsh sounding that you can't understand me haha.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:29 am

Steff's Ska show on bay radio - Page 2 Farnsw10

Good news everyone.

From next week the show will be recorded, so I'll get it edited (get rid of all the cock-ups that is) and available to download as soon as I can!

Spoiler:
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:55 am

Ok, Another quick update on the show for anyone who is interested:

The show will have a bit more structure from now on (as well as the whole station)
    1) Starting off with some new music if possible (it'll be SB6's cover of totally addicted to bass this week.)
    2) Then, a quick bit of news,
    3)music until half way through the show
    4)the reggae section
    5)the 'your requests' section
    6)then some non-ska/reggae music.

Any suggestions for the structure, or any new music/ requests?

much love!

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:04 am

When you say 'non ska/reggae music' do you mean the station's playlist or music that isn't quite ska or reggae but will mostly be appreciated by listeners of this particular niche?
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 am

needs a mine craft section halfway though where you describe what we built that week on the server and make fun of jack
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:03 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:When you say 'non ska/reggae music' do you mean the station's playlist or music that isn't quite ska or reggae but will mostly be appreciated by listeners of this particular niche?

Ooh just whatever I fancy really. Definitely not the station playlist! If I get a request for something other than ska/reggae during the show that I actually want to play? Something like that.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:18 pm

Bump for the show starting in 40 minutes!

Requests welcome you lovely lovely people.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:33 pm

I can't listen in because I'm at work but if there's a podcast I'll be listening to it tomorrow morning. Is it too late for requests? Please play Don't Let the Bastards Grind You Down by the Toasters.
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:44 pm

was driving and compleataly fogot to tune in, howd it go?
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:29 am

Went well, enjoyed it a lot this week, but unfortunately not as many requests and so I assume not as many listeners. Once I get the file of the recording of the show I'll edit out a few mistakes and direct you to a download of it Smile
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:55 am

i hope you didn't, i hate the toasters!
    i'll likely be listening to it tomorrow once emma gets back from work
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Aye! Sorry Steff but we were at a gig! Well... around the time it was on we were interrupting someones Sunday dinner I think... But yeah, get the recording sorted and we shall give it a listen! Should be able to tune in next week though and make some requests Smile
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 pm

Do we have a podcast of your latest show yet, Steff? I'm cleaning the house tomorrow so it would be great to listen to it then.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 am