Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
iamemmao
lightowler
Steff
7 posters

Steff's Ska show on bay radio

Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Steff's Ska show on bay radio - Page 6 Empty Re: Steff's Ska show on bay radio

Post by Steff Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Thanks Fletch! If you're ever near Aberystwyth on a Sunday you'd be welcome to pop in!

Yeah some people say more talk, some people say less talk! I wouldn't mind making it longer, the two hours fly by really quick but there are shows before and after mine so I might have to wait until next time we redo the schedule.

Yeah there is a webcam that is terribly positioned so that you can only see one side of the desk, and none of the sofa we use for live lounge type things. I might just cheekily move it and see if anyone notices/moves it back. My show is probably the least interesting to watch on webcam though, we don't really do much moving around or anything. Some shows get people up and dancing for the benefit of the webcam but I'm quite happy to just concentrate on talking and music! :p
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:07 pm

I cant belive I havn't said this yet but

MORE LIKE GAY RADIO Steff's Ska show on bay radio - Page 6 865997
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:07 pm

A-ha! I didn't think of that one.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:36 am

I think I should just be glad you are only the third person to have said that. Could be much worse right?
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 pm

Thanks for doing the intros round Fletch, sorry I didn't see your messages until the end, but a well earned 4 points and joint 2nd place!

Next 4 or so shows should be pretty interesting, a few of my friends from home as special guests and a live-lounge style performace, good times.

Check out any shows you missed here as usual: http://www.bay-radio.co.uk/index.php?section=shows&show=29
    Except for the 13th March show, someone has uploaded 2 hours of auto-pilot music instead of my show for some reason (for the second time >_<)

I think that's all from me for now Smile
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Thanks for the show tonight. The Bosstones song at the beginning has confirmed my love for that band.

I won't be able to listen next week if you have a show because I'm at work.

BAD TIMES!
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:27 pm

The Amazing Fletch wrote:Thanks for the show tonight. The Bosstones song at the beginning has confirmed my love for that band.

I won't be able to listen next week if you have a show because I'm at work.

BAD TIMES!

Bosstones are boss. I don't listen to them anywhere near enough.

As it happens there might not be a show next week due to the union being locked on Sundays during holidays. Will update the facebook as soon as I know when the shows are!
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 am

I managed to listen to the show this week (thanks to fletch for reminding me!), I missed the first couple of minutes but I thought it was really good! When I listen to my last.fm I put the mix radio on quite a lot, so it's a mix of songs that are in my library and recommend stuff and I found that with your show last night. There was some songs that I love and stuff that I hadn't listened to before that I'll make sure to check out! Woo! Very good! I also got your first intros round, but I forgot to fill in the 'you are not a robot' text box when I clicked send so I was late in getting it to you guys Sad
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:55 am

I really need to get MSN for those intros. I've had a song that was on your show a few weeks back stuck in my head for ages. It's the one with the high pitched voice every now and then and the main lyrics are "too much too much [something or other]"

Obviously by this post I have no idea what it is.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Thanks Memma Smile

I might set up a skype account for the show, no one really uses msn anymore right? Plus I'd be able to do call-ins on skype which is super cool.

The Amazing Fletch wrote:I really need to get MSN for those intros. I've had a song that was on your show a few weeks back stuck in my head for ages. It's the one with the high pitched voice every now and then and the main lyrics are "too much too much [something or other]"

Obviously by this post I have no idea what it is.

Is is possibly 'Too much' by Gecko?
    I can't find that specific song uploaded online anywhere but they have a few of the tracks from their EP on here https://www.youtube.com/user/geckoofficial#p/u

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's not that one. If it comes up again on your show I'll know for sure.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 pm

If you didn't see it from my facebook spamturbation there's 4 long hours of ska show today from 12 to 4pm, should be a LAFFFFF.

Check it out if you have no job/ have an awesome job that lets you listen to ska radio in work
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun May 08, 2011 6:43 pm

I believe this is on tonight. Get tuned in.
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Sun May 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Apparently not!
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Mon May 09, 2011 8:25 pm

The Union was locked because of the May Ball, which took place on Friday, 10 miles away from the union... No idea what that's about, but they didn't let us know it would be closed either, so very annoying on the whole.

I'll be into my exams next week but I'll still be doing the show as long as the union is actually open!
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun May 15, 2011 5:12 pm

It is however back on tonight! Smile

It's been so long! Expect a few mistakes. Lots of new music to compensate though.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Tue May 31, 2011 10:02 am

No ska show until September? What else am I going to do on Sunday evenings?
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:41 pm

In case you didn't know, Steff's Ska Show is on now. I just hope my internet holds out so I can listen to it.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:21 pm

Hey all!
    My show is back on today at 5:00pm after 2 weeks of not doing the show!
    Would love some requests Smile
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:25 pm

How about the intro quiz? I enjoyed playing along with that.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Good show last night, Steff. Even if my other half requested Sonic Boom 6. I liked your mate's band Miacca, too.
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Cheers Fletch, really appreciate it!

Yeah really cool watching my friend's band start to get big, they're on the Do The Dog compilation now - I remember them when they first started! Very Happy

I think for the next show I'll do some kind of special thing, like the Eurotrip I did last year where I play ska from as many different European countries as I can - or something similar. Any ideas? Smile
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:44 pm

maybe try to create a link between each band that plays? see if you can link each band that you play somehow. Could be as little as influenced by or toured with, it'd be cool if you could have a completely unbroken link between every band that night
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:18 am

That's a good idea. I may even forgive a few tenuous links.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:22 pm

good but difficult, does steff have the balls to pull this one off?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm