Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
lightowler
The Amazing Fletch
6 posters

The Skints

Poll

Do you like The Skints?

[ 7 ]
    The Skints Vote_lcap58%The Skints Vote_rcap1 [58%] 
    [ 2 ]
    The Skints Vote_lcap17%The Skints Vote_rcap1 [17%] 
    [ 3 ]
    The Skints Vote_lcap25%The Skints Vote_rcap1 [25%] 

Total Votes: 12
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

The Skints Empty The Skints

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:48 pm

I love The Skints. I love the reggae feel to a lot of their songs. Bright Girl is probably one of my favourites at the moment (and it's also available as a free download at the moment). Marcia is gorgeous, Jamie has a beautiful voice (especially for a drummer Wink) and Jon's bass in their live shows is immense! They really got their image right with the phrase 'modern rudeboy'.

I know the lyrics to a lot of their songs but I can't quite put a context to some of them. For example, N55. I know it's about the bus route N55 but I don't really know what the rest of the song is about. I think Culture Vulture is about the music they love but the background they're from (Culture vulture I am not, I'm just trying to have a good time./I may like reggae but I know where I'm from.)

Rhoanna's song - Can anybody tell me the tragedy of Marcia's sister behind this song?

Anyway - WOO THE SKINTS! cheers
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

The Skints Empty Re: The Skints

Post by lightowler Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:58 pm

people who dont like the skints killed maddie, tru story
    iamemmao
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by iamemmao Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:10 pm

I bloody loves the Skints. When I first got the album I listened to it pretty much non stop, it is well good.

My favorite song is easily Misunderstood on their E.P! Was quite surprised that it wasn't carried over to Live.Breathe.Build.Believe.

Gutted that I missed most of their set at Slam Dunk Sad

Edits: Does anyone know what happened with them and Rebel Alliance??
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:19 pm

I have no idea. I tried looking at their Myspace blog but there was nothing on there at the time.

Misunderstood is another great song. I was a bit disappointed that Sociopath and Murderer were repeated on the album instead of two new songs but I learned to love their more refined loveliness. I love Marcia's bit on Murderer. "To murder is her desire-er-er."
    therur
    therur
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by therur Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:39 pm

They're actually my favourite band right now, both live and on record. Their slam dunk set was awesome and i saw them the next day in newcastle too, they just get better every time i see them.

As for the rebel alliance thing, Josh said something like "Don't believe what you read on the internet, it's all cool between us and sonic boom six" on stage at slam dunk so i don't think it was a fall out or anything serious.

Jungle plane wreck is my favourite song on the EP, but change the channel is my favourite overall by a long shot.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:26 am

they are amazingness!
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:45 pm

The freshest band I've heard recently. They've got the confidence to do their own thing regardless of what anyone else is doing...I wondered at first if they'd feel the need to inject more 'punk' into their sound, but they haven't gone in that direction at all. Although their debut full length was superb, they seem from live performaces to be getting even better. A truly exciting outfit with an extremely promising future, they are rapidly earning fans from across the spectrum.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am