Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Pama International "I Still Love You More" (single)

Al
    Al
    Review King
    Review King

Pama International "I Still Love You More" (single) Empty Pama International "I Still Love You More" (single)

Post by Al Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:15 am

Pama International "I Still Love You More" (single) Pama_i10
    I Still Love You More
    Pama International
    (Rockers Revolt, 2009)

Gearing up for the forthcoming release of album proper number five, Pama International lifts the curtain tails for another quick peek in the form of I Still Love You More, the second of two advance singles to be taken from Pama Outernational.

‘I Still Love You More’ is a jubilantly triumphant number, taking that trademark Pama sound and injecting it with a big dose of the 60’s Golden Era ska/reggae combo. Brass and keys are prevalent, heading-up a bouncy march that’s sharpened by Finny’s vocals (his voice really is improving with age). Dare I say it, but this may just be the band’s most accessible song to date. You don’t have to like reggae, ska, rocksteady, dub, or whatever to enjoy this. You just have to want to smile.

B-side, ‘Equality & Justice For All’, on the other hand, has a lot more jiggery-pokery going on, blending dub sounds (there’s a deliciously booming bass line here) with 2 Tone era ska. It’s a bit gloomier and a tad more haunting. Without a doubt, the influence of John Collins (producer of The Specials’ ‘Ghost Town’) is seeping through with every note.

Collectively this release may only take up six and a half minutes but Pama International manages to make a quick and effective impact. There’s an argument to be made that each of these tracks surpasses lead single ‘Happenstance’ (which itself was very decent). If the album takes up the reigns from this single then it’s going to be a very fine record indeed [cautiously glances in the direction of ‘band’s best release’ tag]. Roll on November.

SkaMutiny Rating: 4/5

I Still Love You More is released through Rockers Revolt on limited edition 7” coloured vinyl and download on 26 October 2009.

The album
    Pama Outernational drops on 2 November 2009, also on Rockers Revolt.

You can grab yourself a free download of the previous single, ‘Happenstance’, here: Freebies for you and me!

Last edited by Al on Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Pama International "I Still Love You More" (single) Empty Re: Pama International "I Still Love You More" (single)

Post by MidlandsDan Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:10 am

Pama Intl...not here to change the world, just make it a little brighter.

Al you got me psyched as fuck for the album, nice.

Peace

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 pm