Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Kristoff
Wreckless Jake
Cap'n Lee
Furious D
Peeky
Summers
ScottMoon
Quigzy
lightowler
Reel Big Moose
The Amazing Fletch
ferrrn
Steff
NotRich
iamemmao
MidlandsDan
20 posters

Any beer fans among you rude rude people?

MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Any beer fans among you rude rude people? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any beer fans among you rude rude people?

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:02 pm

ba-ba wrote:
    waking up the next morning wondering how I was home to find the lumpiest chunder on my bedroom floor

Good to know I'm not the only one...
    Wreckless Jake
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Any beer fans among you rude rude people? - Page 3 Empty Re: Any beer fans among you rude rude people?

Post by Wreckless Jake Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:12 pm

I haven't been Paraletic (properly) in well over a year, which is weird, when I was 13-16, I was liek that all the time, now I can literally drink 12 pints and just be pissed, none of this projectile vomiting any more. I guess it runs in my family, my Dad once went through 20 bottle of stella at Christmas and he wasn't dead, wtf?!

I think I'll have some Hob goblin some time this wek, my mum said theres an offer on some of them Wychwood ales.

Anyone like Fursty Ferret?
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:16 pm

Wreckless Jake wrote:Anyone like Fursty Ferret?

yes

Wreckless Jake wrote:my Dad once went through 20 bottle of stella at Christmas and he wasn't dead, wtf?!

um yeah... thats 1 crate...
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:39 pm

Wreckless Jake wrote:
    I think I'll have some Hob goblin some time this wek, my mum said theres an offer on some of them Wychwood ales.

Where?
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 pm

I once had the temerity to tell the Dev Cat (for those that don't know, one of the finest real ale pubs in the country and a meeting place before gigs at Corp) that they were keeping their beer poorly. I was a bit worse for wear, but every time I'd been there the Jaipur tasted like vinegar.

Must get my home-brew on the go actually, it'll be needed come freshers' week!
    scottus86
    scottus86
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by scottus86 Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Vinegar taste nice!
    Wreckless Jake
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Wreckless Jake Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 am

MidlandsDan wrote:
    Wreckless Jake wrote:

Where?
    No idea, either Morrisons, Asda or one of those local off licences. Bargain Booze is always cheap.
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:33 pm

Homebrew started today (I love that it's relevant to my degree), should be ready for Freshers' week Very Happy
    (as I was writing this I suddenly realised I hadn't put the yeast in - eegit!)
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Beer is now in the pressure barrel (minimal is on the floor Very Happy ), it smells pretty potent.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Hope you sterlised all your gear well and didn't / don't fuck up on sealing where there are supposed to be seals, or its going to be shit.
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:24 pm

teaching your grandmother to suck eggs Razz
    the seal says 'lubricate seal before use', which always makes me think of the animal and a big vat of ky...
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:59 pm

ba-ba wrote:teaching your grandmother to suck eggs Razz
    the seal says 'lubricate seal before use', which always makes me think of the animal and a big vat of ky...

Yeah well, those words are good advice for most situations a person will come across in their lifetime.
    Wreckless Jake
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Wreckless Jake Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:30 pm

I had some lager called Desperado's last week, it had 'tequila flavouring' in it, it was rather nice.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:19 pm

Thats what all the trendy fuckers in Fight Club (possible known as Walkabout in other towns) etc. are on I think...well my mate was singing its praises anyway, mind you to be fair he drinks in more high class trendy establishments probably...I think there will be a trickle down effect as this drink gains popularity.

I went to Wetherspoons the other night. Its a Lloyds Bar, you know, one of those wanna be night clubs. The bouncers obviously took it a bit too seriously though...wouldn't let me in because I was wearing 3/4 shorts! What a joke. Had to slip in the fire escape. Hardly fucking worth it.
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:55 pm

Lloyds has bouncers? In Rugby? Sheffield Spoons bouncers tend to be quite low key - which is good when you get the trots between bars.

and as for desperados, had it once 3 years ago, thought it was shite.
    Been weening the body back onto lager in time for freshers' week - took a bit of getting used to! (have only drunk ale and a bit of cider over the summer)
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 am

MidlandsDan wrote:hope you remembered to put malt and yeast in there and didn't just piss in a bucket or its going to be shit
    i'm sure if he's gone to all of the trouble as to get the equipment and ingredients, he's at least going to follow the most basic of instructions.

MidlandsDan wrote:I went to Wetherspoons the other night.
    hope you remembered to exchange money for alcoholic beverages and then to drink said beverage or you wony get drunk, don't worry, a lot of people who aren't as pro as me make this basic mistake.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:35 am

Alright alright no need to get arsey!

I've already got a bird, my parents and my landlord on my case and I've only just got out of bed!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:41 pm

Desperado beer is shit. It's way too sweet for a beer.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:08 pm

i'd happily drink it, my only qualm is with the price.
    i got a banana beer once when I was in Edinburgh, it was from Nigeria as I recall, that was really sweet but still really beery.
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:04 pm

lee u should try wells banana bread beer, its lush!

on a less jolly note ive spent the weekend drinking strongbow, man am i looking forward to a pint of real ale tonight.
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:29 pm

Never been too keen on the 'ole Banana Bread - like anything banana flavoured actually (apart from actual bananas!)
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:37 pm

lol, i love it, but i can see it why people might not its an unusual taste
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:09 pm

Ba-ba, your avatar is the shiznit.
    ba-ba
    ba-ba
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by ba-ba Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:22 pm

i made it myself Cool
    Reel Big Moose
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:24 pm

i never even spotted that lol try not to look at avatars seeing as you summers and feltch all ahve the same one, well done ba-ba Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:57 am