Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
dbarefeet
Wai
scottus86
Jess
Reel Big Moose
tyrannosaurusben
The Amazing Fletch
Peeky
MangoSkeejykins
Andy DTA
elliemon
lightowler
Furious D
Cap'n Lee
Summers
19 posters

Your musical CV

Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Your musical CV Empty Your musical CV

Post by Summers Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:28 am

These threads are usually fun for dragging up old bands and such. Basically, just give a brief list (ideally with pictures/links) of all the bands, etc. that you've been involved with in the past/present.

So my first band was called Kinel. We were dreadful, utterly dreadful. I originally just sang, but when we lost our bassist i started to learn the bass. I can't find any photos, and we only recorded one song which luckily has been lost forever. Started off mainly playing nirvana/weezer covers and then started to write some shoddy, shoddy songs. We were amazingly popular, mainly because we were for the lolz.

Then me and the drummer from Kinel started a more ska/punk band in CTPS (Corporate Tramp Placement System) in which I played guitar and sang. Well, we tried to start a ska punk band, but the 2nd guitarist we had basically turned it into a weird funk/ska band. Didn't really do a lot, recorded one song that, again, got lost forever. Here's us playing at the Cavern in Liverpool (yeah, that's me, not Chad Kroeger)

Your musical CV N513243858_219281_2617

Then myself and the drummer started Failure By Design as a 3 piece pop punk sorta band (i sang and played bass), which evolved from that to a four piece harder punk band (i sang and played guitar), to a 6 piece punk band with keyboards (i just sang), to a 7 piece skacore band (i sang and played trumpet). Lasted for about 4 years in the various forms, though it was the ska form that we did the most with, recording a fair few cd's and playing with bands like SB6, Adequate 7, Audio Karate, and so on. Here's us in a skip.

Your musical CV 1023377994_l

www.myspace.com/failurebydesign

During this period I had a couple of bizarre side projects, firstly with the old guitarist from Kinel as well as Nick from Chief, and this was lovingly called Follow The Smell. Recorded a bizarre cd of grungey metal stuff and generally had some crazy gigs. I played bass/drums/keyboards/guitar, and as seen here, the congas.

Your musical CV 127568665_l

I also did a comedy pop punk covers band with a few of the members of FBD called Horace Handgrenade's Fabulous Four. We came second in some local battle of the bands, it was funny. I played an awesome guitar which is lost in huddersfield somewhere, and i'd really like to get it back at some point.

Your musical CV N513243858_219490_6319

After that I started Kickback with the guitarist and trombonist from FBD as well as Nick from Chief, and we're still alive today. I sing and play bass. We changed our name to Kickback UK so that we wouldn't get beaten by frenchmen. Nick left, we still love him. Have embarked on a couple of tours but generally haven't done much due to other commitments. Started a fresh this year and will be releasing and touring a debut album in July Smile

Your musical CV L_eee1cada58c24e2bb41b77b5e3bbcfda

www.myspace.com/thisiskickback

I joined The Fractions on trumpet in early 07 just after FBD split, had some awesome times, supported Rancid last year as well as Big D and Leatherface. Left the band earlier this year, they're still going and will hopefully actually record an album at some point.

Your musical CV N513243858_128992_1027

www.myspace.com/thefractions

And finally i played trumpet with the Catch It Kebabs for a short period last year. Played some wicked gigs with The Toasters and The King Blues, but it didn't really work out and I was added to the ever growing list of ex-kebabs.

Your musical CV N834915470_5671949_3619

www.myspace.com/catchitkebabs

So that's my tedious life story through music, what's yours?
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Your musical CV Empty Re: Your musical CV

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:46 am

Your musical CV Comic1
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:49 am

You're just criticising because you don't want to tell people you've been in ska bands.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:27 am

I'll probably write this at some point Smile
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:36 am

Summers wrote:You're just criticising because you don't want to tell people you've been in ska bands.

very true, wouldn't like to admit my dark 3rd wave secret Smile

and whoever voted down calvin & hobbes, i hate you
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:14 am

voted up for calvin and hobs, voted up Again on another post beacuse at least 2 people voted you down and i cant vote twice on the same post
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:43 am

bob, you voted down for calvin & hobbes, now get back on topic and tell everyone about the beatsteaks
    lightowler
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:55 am

I was in the Beatsteaks and um led orcestras when i was a kid (clasical trained but then not doing anything with it ftl) I also played through the entire guitar hero 3 Co-Op mode with dimers on hard
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:58 pm

lightowler wrote:I was in the Beatsteaks and um led orcestras when i was a kid (clasical trained but then not doing anything with it ftl) I also played through the entire guitar hero 3 Co-Op mode with dimers on hard

Motherfucking Iron Maiden
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:55 pm

hahaha! yes for guitar hero!!

my cv isn't as long as i expect everyone else's is

i joined a school samba band when i was 13, where i played the surdu (sp?) and sometimes those double bell thingys and one of those harmonica things the skints (and others) use. it was pretty cool. we were very experimental hahaha
    This is us: (i'm the one in the red strappy top and mosher trousers)
    Your musical CV N654211620_1294032_520

we only played a few times at cross-cirricular activity events lol special.

then me and my friends, ele and greg, started a ska band called fillip! (<-- theres not much on that link there.. sorry!) it think it was about 05/06
    i sang and played trumpet, ele the drums and greg the sax, so as you can tell we were much of a band so we recruited gregs older brothers, nik and tim, to the play the bass and guitar respectively.
    we got to play some fun gigs! played with random hand, freefall felix, king django and adequate seven in our time. but then we stopped playing because we had other things stressing us out like exams and stuff and we were upset that ele never practiced.
    but then we got back together, about a year later maybe, with a new drummer dan and i quit the trumpet because i was lame and liked singing more and we wrote some better songs and did a few more gigs. it was pretty sweet for a while but then the brothers started bickering and stuff and it kinda just stopped. it's like we never really said ok well it's over, it just stopped and we didnt address it but now it's deffos over. not sad though, we're all still mates

this is us towards the end:
    Your musical CV F056

anyways, on to new pastures! i'm hoping to start a new band this year (most likely with the wonderful katie who you all know and love!)
    and because i like designing myspaces and am impatient i've already made myspace/blog about it.. yes i know it's sad. it may not be called company. we'll see - and i'm sure you'll hear.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Shame about Fillip, i really enjoyed you at the kebabs gig!
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:48 pm

awww cheers Smile tis a shame really. can't wait to be in a band again
    Andy DTA
    Andy DTA
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Andy DTA Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 pm

My musical talent is pretty much non-existent - I was ace on the recorder in school Your musical CV 865997 but thats all I learned. I own a guitar and a trumpet but cannot play due to laziness/"i'll do it tomorrow" syndrome. Instead I devoted my love of music to promoting, starting with my 18th birthday party, then moving on to booking the gigs for my local scream pub, including a tour of 5 pubs with the rejects (of uncle j and el carlos fame) and a luton band called phonic rapture, and a local support at the other gigs. While doing the Scream stuff I started working with a couple of friends to start our own promo company, which was AWESOME. I did that with them for 2 years, and would still be happy doing it today but for wanting a steady wage and not to be wondering every night if i was going to have any money or not. The guys are still going strong though back home in Luton.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:57 pm

I don't have a big enough history to write anything really but i got into ska because i could play trombone since i was a kid and met someone from a ska band. I was a full on metal head and then i was head-first into gigging in a big local band from Leicester called Tase the Chase (www.myspace.com/tastethechaseband) and played with them for a few months. I then go fully into ska and started my own band playing bass, www.myspace.com/themangomyspace, my picture thing over there (<<<) is while playing with tMM
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:34 pm

Mine is pretty extensive, haha. Let's see:

My first band was called 'Fat Priest', we basically played a load of punk covers and wrote some Guttermouth-esque fast punk songs about total crap. There's not really any record of us anywhere...

Then I joined a local band called 'Nosebone', Robin and Tilston from Random Hand were also in this band. Robin originally played drums and Tilston played bass, when I joined Robin went on bass and Tilston on guitar. Was fun, punk metal type stuff but we disbanded after the one gig with me for various reasons.

Then me, Tilston, and Robin made a band with a guy called Toby - we were writing weird funk/country/pop-punk that was pretty rubbish really, haha. That didn't last long as the guy Toby was the biggest flake I've ever known, so we decided to form Random Hand to play some heavy skacorey stuff, which didn't really happen till a few months after we formed...but anyway, here we are Very Happy

Since then, I've been in a weird punk band with Kurt and Rob from Sounds of Swami, called Pocketwatch (CLICKY) - Pocketwatch was a victim of time constraints so Swami was born, I also played guitar in a band called Blacklist with Wadey from Swami and some other mates. That was a proper prog-metal affair, lots of fun and some big riffs Smile

We also formed a band one night called 'My Friend Thinks You're Cute', a fake pop-punk band that was all a big joke that went really too far - we played at a local festival, tricked some people into thinking we were from California, and recorded some songs, which you can hear here: MYSPACE

The guys from Blacklist got back together again recently but it again fell victim to time stuff as me and Wadey were well busy with our main bands.

I've also played drums for Luke Hirst on some of his solo stuff (http://www.myspace.com/lukehirst).

I don't really have photos of anyone except RH so I won't bother with that Very Happy
    Peeky
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:40 pm

My Friend Thinks You're Cute should totally reform for next years slam dunk fest.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:54 pm

That is the best practical joke ever.
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:03 am

HAHA.

Your musical CV L_3591b3da1c8e4058810cbe1e13c7ae12

Matt looks dreamy.
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:06 am

Brilliance Very Happy
    Summers
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 am

I didn't even know Robin could drum. He sounds pretty good as well!
    Furious D
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:24 am

Haha, that was me and Kurt on the recordings Very Happy
    Andy DTA
    Andy DTA
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Andy DTA Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:46 am

Random Hand should do a song where everyone changes instruments. I'd pay two, even three pounds to see that.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:04 am

Your musical CV Th_MFTYC
    Your musical CV Th_MFTYCPosers
    Your musical CV Th_Alex
    Your musical CV Th_Brad
    Your musical CV Th_Taylor
    Your musical CV Th_Chad
    Your musical CV Th_Corey
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:33 pm

i was and still am gutted i never got to see this. Mad
    tyrannosaurusben
    tyrannosaurusben
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by tyrannosaurusben Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:11 am

MY GO.

My first band was called MWRL. we wrote comedy punk stuff... did a load of little stupid youth gigs and still get requests for the old songs... but fairly embarrassed about that one.

Then me and the guitarist started Tyrannosaurus Alan. www.myspace.com/talanuk .Got a drummer and a guitarist/ saxophonist... then added a trumpet, then added a keyboard, then samples, then trombone, then another sax... we're thinking organ next cos the keyboard man doesnt do keys so much... he hid his keyboard cos he didnt like it. we've done about 200- 250 gigs since november 2007, played with SB6, Catch it Kebabs, Mouthwash, Splitters, The Beat, Billy No Mates, Chris Murray, Voodoo Glow Skulls, Neville Staple, Underground Heroes, Attack! Attack!, Slaves To Gravity, Seven Year Kismet, Wonk Unit, F-Bats... loads more that i dont really remember at the moment.

I also played bass for A Boys Room www.myspace.com/aboysroom

that was a bit odd, lots of offers from record companies and no real effort from the guy who writes all the songs.

and thats pretty much all i do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm