Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Parg
Furious D
lightowler
Cap'n Lee
Marc
RikkSTY
MidlandsDan
The Amazing Fletch
12 posters

The new Skints album is available for pre-order!

The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

The new Skints album is available for pre-order! - Page 2 Empty Re: The new Skints album is available for pre-order!

Post by The Amazing Fletch Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:27 pm

Mine still hasn't arrived through the post. I'm pretty miffed about that actually.
    Manamana
    Manamana
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

The new Skints album is available for pre-order! - Page 2 Empty Re: The new Skints album is available for pre-order!

Post by Manamana Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:54 am

Mine only arrived yesterday. Totally pimping though - fab album and the artwork is really cool.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:25 pm

what're you doing back here?
    elliemon
    elliemon
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by elliemon Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:29 pm

joe got us a copy on wednesday night!!
    listened to it yesterday on the bus to work nd then couldn't stop singing it all day!! infact i've still got cultutre vulture stuck in my head.
    marcia's voice sounds lush in her soloy bit on murderer. i kinda didnt want to use the word lush but i dont think they're another way to describe it!!
    Manamana
    Manamana
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by Manamana Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Cap'n Lee wrote:what're you doing back here?

Sometimes Uni work is really that boring Razz
    Just kidding, I just remembered here and thought I'd stop by and see if there were any reviews or newsflashes that I'd missed out on - I've lost all awareness of the world outside my college and the languages department.
    Cap'n Lee
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:19 pm

i would have thought that the different languages would be competitive and they'd split off into different factions, the frenchers hate the germaners and the spanishers etc. i can't believe they'd get along well enough to all live together in happy harmony
    Manamana
    Manamana
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by Manamana Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Well the European Languages pushed the Eastern European/Slavonic languages into a terraced house that is mysteriously not in the road its address suggests. Possibly so that people could never find out about the terrible secrets hidden there haha
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:59 pm

I love the new album. I was surprised to see Murderer and Sociopath on there but I'm glad they are, they're so much more refined than on their EP.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:47 am

Very very nice.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Too fucking nice, last night on the way back from the pub I had it in my earphones and was singing (more like yelling) along at top volume. Skints + Newcy Brown = good for me, bad for you if you're in the vicinity.

Have to say in fairness, its the best UK ska/reggae/punk album I've heard in...for fucking ever...easily stands up to the rest of the world too.
    Manamana
    Manamana
    Cabin Boy
    Cabin Boy

Post by Manamana Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:10 pm

I've been listening to it walking around town - can't help bopping/singing along to Bright Girl so I think I've weirded out the people at the bus stops/tourists quite a bit.
    MidlandsDan
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:49 pm

^Hahaha good work.
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:25 am

I think Bright Girl is starting to be one of my favourites of the album. The more I think about it the better it seems to get. By far the best thing I've bought this year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm