Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Furious D
tyrannosaurusben
Summers
MangoSkeejykins
MidlandsDan
The Amazing Fletch
Mod Henry
11 posters

Encounters with elistist ska fans...?

Foxxe
    Foxxe
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Encounters with elistist ska fans...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Encounters with elistist ska fans...?

Post by Foxxe Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:00 pm

yeah what happened to those sick Green Day basslines? A good bassist in a punk band sets 'em apart from other stuff. I don't think I'd like Rancid nearly as much without Matt Freeman's crazy fuckin fingers
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Encounters with elistist ska fans...? - Page 2 Empty Re: Encounters with elistist ska fans...?

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:02 pm

He plays that shit like a madman! I'm exactly the same as you, Foxxe. I wouldn't like Rancid half as much without that bass.
    MangoSkeejykins
    MangoSkeejykins
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by MangoSkeejykins Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:02 pm

solo from maxwell murder got me into rancid!
    The Amazing Fletch
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:28 pm

MangoSkeejykins wrote:solo from maxwell murder got me into rancid!

This and Ruby Soho is just a damn fine song.
    Foxxe
    Foxxe
    Ships Cook
    Ships Cook

Post by Foxxe Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:30 am

Ha ha fuckin likewise, my bassist friend played me Maxwell Murder on a mix CD he had and we were both just like "fuck..." Now he's got the notes for the first two bars of the solo tattoed on him. But he still can't fuckin play it all!
    Steff
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by Steff Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:28 pm

tyrannosaurusben wrote:I think the problem isnt what people like and don't like, but what they try to tell others to like and not like.

Thats where the elitist part comes in.

Less than jake fans might not be SB6 fans and thats cool. But if the Less Than Jake fans looked down on the SB6 fans and told them they were wrong and they should like Less Than Jake, thats a problem.

So if somebody comes up and tells a band that they should playing something else, thats a problem to.

Well it would be if anyone cared what people like that say.

You sir are correct.

I generally lean towards modern ska but there's most definatly a time, place and mood for the old stuff. And there's always a time and place for BOTAR which I have on now and is awesome

TANGENT DETECTED

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:00 am